NEED REVIEW BEFORE BUYING NEW C/A

I'm in the national team level but still wearing my old browns c/a (love them) but it started to tear down after i felt some shot at the stomach area. I want to get a new one but still in between 1x or g4. Does anyone has them? Can you share your story? Pros cons? 

I live in a country where no goalie store available so i cant try gear around and have to order them online. 

Different brand accepted tho

21 minutes ago, bunnyman666 said:

@SaveByRichter35 my guess is that the OP wants the unit sooner rather than later.

That being said, one of my fellow goalies tried to sell me his 1X because he hated the rebounds.

Loved my Warrior unit. But mine was G1. They really haven’t changed much, except for closures (velcro instead of clips).

Wdym the "rebound"?

24 minutes ago, diyas prawara said:

Wdym the "rebound"?

Pucks literally “flew off” of the body and arms, according to this guy. I could not see a difference, as this goalie has just as poor of rebound control as I ever saw with him. He has fantastic hands, so the poor rebound control works for him to a degree. 

But I digress- this has been the same thing I have heard time and time again: the 1X chesty has hot rebounds.

@diyas prawara-

@MangoRhinehart is correct! 

Besides, whilst having ZERO experience with a Brown CA, I have known only one person in real life who liked moving to another brand. One person. Everyone else I know who plays in a Brown stays in a Brown.

The reason why was that it was time to replace, he doesn’t play at a high level any longer and wanted supreme mobility, though I have actually sewn in some protections for him (crudely, I may add LOL) because the unit has broken down a bit. He may be emailing John Brown to order another unit. 

I played in a Brown unit for a decade before moving to something else. Reason be was that the unit was breaking down after 10 years and my budget couldn't allow for a brand new one.

With his new models, the 2200 and 2400, the size and mobility has been seriously improved. Not to mention that John will do almost any mod request. Well worth the call if you have the coin.

6 minutes ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

I'll never put on anything else.  Over the years I've worn Vaughn, Reebok, Brian's, Bauer, and I am sure others I cannot remember.  There is no replacement for never fearing or even flinching when someone winds up to rocket a puck at you knowing you are not going to get hurt.

But what if you're just a pussy at heart?

13 hours ago, RichMan said:

I played in a Brown unit for a decade before moving to something else. Reason be was that the unit was breaking down after 10 years and my budget couldn't allow for a brand new one.

With his new models, the 2200 and 2400, the size and mobility has been seriously improved. Not to mention that John will do almost any mod request. Well worth the call if you have the coin.

Do you tried the 2400 yet? 

3 hours ago, diyas prawara said:

How long u have them? Whats the pros and cons? Do you ever tried other brand?

I have had it for about 16 months. 

Pros: super protective, mobile once broken in, custom made to your measurements.

Cons: heavy, can run hot, very stiff at first.

Ive was previously in a Battram unit that was 10 years old. The brown is on par with the battram with mobility. 

i have also tried Simmons, Passau Gen1 and Gen2.

14 minutes ago, MangoRhinehart said:

I have had it for about 16 months. 

Pros: super protective, mobile once broken in, custom made to your measurements.

Cons: heavy, can run hot, very stiff at first.

Ive was previously in a Battram unit that was 10 years old. The brown is on par with the battram with mobility. 

i have also tried Simmons, Passau Gen1 and Gen2.

Do you ever tried bauer, warrior, or ccm?

Archived