Warrior R/GT2 Senior Gloves Review(s)

Max27

I’ve been using these gloves since September, and i think i have a pretty good idea of them and their performance by now. I will write the 3 month review right now, the 6 month review in 3 months and the year review next September. 
Glove- all i can say is wow. This glove is insane. Honestly. I catch pretty much every single puck with this thing. My glove hand has gotten light years better with it. The protection is decent, i have taken shots to the palm and you feel them, but they don’t really hurt much. It has a very good feel on the hand and has worn very nicely. Would HIGHLY recommend. I like especially how open the glove can get for drying purposes, as well as the fantastic closure. A+ glove and at under 300$ USD it’s a steal!!!!

Blocker- at first, i was going to get a Bauer vapor 1x blocker, but honestly wanted to match my gloves (stupid? Yes) so i got the gt2. I liked it in the store and had no issue with it. However, for the first little while, the cuff was just not mobile enough. It definetley softens up a bit and now it’s just right. The sidewall is interesting because there’s 2 layers- one (inner layer) is very soft foam and the outer layer is much harder foam (feels like plastic) but it gets the job done. The rebounds are very big and i would definetley recommend the blocker as well. I love the remove-able palm and the finger protection is very good. I keep it very loose to allow my hand to move a bit easier when holding water bottles, etc. 

Let me know if you have any questions!!

58E610CE-83A8-412F-B95F-63510BC7A54B.jpeg

Have you used the GT1 glove prior to this one? If so, how would you compare the palm thickness and protection?

I have been using the GT1 glove for almost a year and I can't remember really ever feeling a stinger. I could swear they mislabeled a PRO glove with a SENIOR tag which would be in my favor :D

I often wonder how these gloves play versus how they feel in the store.  Every time I try any of the Warrior gloves on in store they don't fit right or feel very good and I've heard this a lot by other goalies.  But the same people who bought them say they play very well...  This is the only company I know that I hear and see this with.

1 hour ago, GoalieNut said:

I often wonder how these gloves play versus how they feel in the store.  Every time I try any of the Warrior gloves on in store they don't fit right or feel very good and I've heard this a lot by other goalies.  But the same people who bought them say they play very well...  This is the only company I know that I hear and see this with.

Every glove has their differences in feel and how that interacts with each person. I love Warrior gloves and I despise CCM gloves. What each person's opinion on a set of gloves is merely an idea to what their personal preference is.

Same thing with break angles, 1piece/2peice cuffs/ single or double tees, etc.

If a glove doesn't feel right to you, then chances are it never will and there is nothing wrong with that. The second I put on a GT1 glove, every single glove on the shelf just felt off and it's only gotten worse as my time with Warrior products increases.

6 hours ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Every glove has their differences in feel and how that interacts with each person. I love Warrior gloves and I despise CCM gloves. What each person's opinion on a set of gloves is merely an idea to what their personal preference is.

Same thing with break angles, 1piece/2peice cuffs/ single or double tees, etc.

If a glove doesn't feel right to you, then chances are it never will and there is nothing wrong with that. The second I put on a GT1 glove, every single glove on the shelf just felt off and it's only gotten worse as my time with Warrior products increases.

Glove preferences  are like assholes and ostomies: each one is different and most will say that all others than their own stinks!

12 hours ago, RichMan said:

Have you used the GT1 glove prior to this one? If so, how would you compare the palm thickness and protection?

I have been using the GT1 glove for almost a year and I can't remember really ever feeling a stinger. I could swear they mislabeled a PRO glove with a SENIOR tag which would be in my favor :D

No, i had a Vaughn pro v elite before this. I can say this is definitely more protective than that though. However I’m pretty sure the gt2 senior has gt1 pro internals. 

8 hours ago, GoalieNut said:

The gt2 felt perfect in the store on me whereas every other glove felt a little off. The g4 was second closest, and ccm eflex was the next closest feeling to what i liked. The gt2 performs just as good as it feels imo though- i rarely don’t catch pucks w it.  

1 hour ago, dreadlocked1 said:

Have you tried the GT2 at all?  I haven't been able to compare both and the GT2 has the forward thumb angle, and I wonder how much that changes the feel of the glove.

If you mean compare the gt2 pro and senior i have only tried the senior but the senior and pro felt pretty close when i tried them on in the store, hope that helps. 

• 3 months later...

Pictures will be up tonight, this is the 7 month review (meant to put this up a month ago to keep it at 3 and 6 months and then a year but never got to it)

Gloves were used through the entirety of my season on JV. 53 Skates combining all games and practices. As well as with training with my goalie coach, excess ice times, and house league games i used them in, i would say these have had 75 skates on them.

Glove has me sold on warrior, i will never be using a different glove. period. thing is a BEAST. it closes so well, it presents so nicely, it opens huge, and i catch so well with it. Stingers come ever once and a while but its normal. Never had anything that was too bad stingers wise and the protection is definitely above average feeling for a senior glove. I will be using this glove through next season where if all goes well i will be on AA and varsity, where its longevity will be put to the test. I hope to try the GT3 when it comes out, but knowing myself, i might just get another GT2 once this one blows out. 

Blocker is great. The rebounds are nice, with proper technique you can really send them. I wish the cuff design would change. I feel it is a bit restrictive and has to soften/ break in to be comfortable. Its grown on me, though, and it works. I will be using it through the course of next season as well. One issue i did have with the blocker durability wise, is that the stitching around the thumb blew out after a month or 2. I never noticed it and it's a very minor thing, but i figured i would point it out. @Kirk3190 and the rest of the design team at warrior goalie make some of the best gear you can get and i would suggest these to anyone!

Archived