New Chest protector

jh30

5 hours ago, jh30 said:

So im going to buy a new chest portector. Im wondering which im i should buy. 2X pro or 2S pro.  If u guys have any other tip on cheest protectors so write it 

C/A's are probably tied with catchers for their "personal feel" ratings when it comes to gear. They are some of the trickiest pieces of gear to get right and when people find their "unicorn" they tend to stick with it for a long time.

There are a lot of different pros and cons to each C/A and they're all great in their own regards. Are you able to try multiple units on?

Over the years I have worn Vaughn, Edge, Brian's, Battram and Passau.  If I needed to switch I would look at either another Passau or a Kenesky.  I have not had much trouble with my Passau even though it has been "well worn" and used by a semi-pro goalie prior to me acquiring it.

If I remember the details correctly it is a gen 1 chest with gen 2 arms.  I love this thing.

Although I also would not mind trying out a Kenesky.

• 3 weeks later...

I will use this topic instead of create new one. 

I'm also on the market for new chesty and I was thinking about 2x pro. I'm from Europe so American/Canadian shops are not an option but I can get a good deal on Bauer 2x pro chest. 

My only concern is what size should I get. According to Bauer size table I shoul get medium - I'm 5.9' / 176 cm tall which is on the very end for medium -  but I'm not the skinniest (grow myself little daddy belly :D  ) and on some other site I found that acording to waist measurements I should get size L.

How about the arms then. I don't want end up with lose/to long arms.

5 hours ago, Nohtaram said:

I will use this topic instead of create new one. 

I'm also on the market for new chesty and I was thinking about 2x pro. I'm from Europe so American/Canadian shops are not an option but I can get a good deal on Bauer 2x pro chest. 

My only concern is what size should I get. According to Bauer size table I shoul get medium - I'm 5.9' / 176 cm tall which is on the very end for medium -  but I'm not the skinniest (grow myself little daddy belly :D  ) and on some other site I found that acording to waist measurements I should get size L.

How about the arms then. I don't want end up with lose/to long arms.

I am also 176cm and beer belly too.. For me size L is no good, because lenght of my hands.

With size M I can use blocker and trapper.. And I am not standing strait on goal, so lower belly is covered too.. 

I'm 178 with some daddy belly too and got myself 2xpro medium because large had too long arms. It's been great and haven't had a single bruise so far in 7 months of use facing varying level of shooters some ex/current pro skaters included.

21 hours ago, Nohtaram said:

I heard so much good things about 2x so I'm pretty much sold to it. I don't know what how much I need to spend on Passau but I'm pretty sure Bauer will be much cheaper.

@Puckstopper what size are you useing and how tall are you? I'm concern about arm length if I'll pick large unit.

I’m 5’9, but my chesty is custom made for me from John Brown Hockey. Love it. No more stingers!

So I ordered 2X Pro in size M through my local shop. Unfortunately they send it in XL.

Wierdly it fits me quite well. I asked to order another one in correct size to compare them but the XL unit fit for me: arms ends around where I wear my watch, belly ends at my waist.

Arms were so tight I bearly could put my arms in it O.o

My guess is that either Bauer size chart is messed up or this unit has wrong labels.

Archived