NHL trades 2019-2020 season: February madness

RichMan

Goalies or forwards, drop your thoughts in here.

My Habs just dropped a bomb on me in double dose over 24h. I know he was talked about as a good trade off for money or draft picks and all that junk but, Kovalchuk brought back to Montreal something we hadn't experienced in a looooong time, passion. He lit up the team and fans alike. It was a welcome spark to a dull chemistry we've been going through for almost a decade. And just like that, Bergevin sends him off to Washington for a friggin 3rd round pic, another rookie that will set us back yet another 3-4 years of development, providing he's not a flop...TABARNAK!!!!!!

And this morning, Thompson, a well rounded, HUGE body, somewhat enforcer, traded for another whatever clueless round pic.

WTF is wrong with my team!?!? Instead of working with a good strong veteran core and passionate determined players, we keep replacing them with these newbies that might or might not even make the jump. This has been going on for the past 10 years and CLEARLY the results aren't there. I'm at a loss for words.

Now there are rumours or Lekhonen being shipped out? Petry, sign or no-sign? Lets just through Price in the basket while we're at it, right!!! COLISSE!!!!!

This is one frustrated Frenchie right here gang!!!! >:(

19 minutes ago, RichMan said:

Goalies or forwards, drop your thoughts in here.

My Habs just dropped a bomb on me in double dose over 24h. I know he was talked about as a good trade off for money or draft picks and all that junk but, Kovalchuk brought back to Montreal something we hadn't experienced in a looooong time, passion. He lit up the team and fans alike. It was a welcome spark to a dull chemistry we've been going through for almost a decade. And just like that, Bergevin sends him off to Washington for a friggin 3rd round pic, another rookie that will set us back yet another 3-4 years of development, providing he's not a flop...TABARNAK!!!!!!

And this morning, Thompson, a well rounded, HUGE body, somewhat enforcer, traded for another whatever clueless round pic.

WTF is wrong with my team!?!? Instead of working with a good strong veteran core and passionate determined players, we keep replacing them with these newbies that might or might not even make the jump. This has been going on for the past 10 years and CLEARLY the results aren't there. I'm at a loss for words.

Now there are rumours or Lekhonen being shipped out? Petry, sign or no-sign? Lets just through Price in the basket while we're at it, right!!! COLISSE!!!!!

This is one frustrated Frenchie right here gang!!!! >:(

You forgot "CIBOIRE!!!"

Yeah, I just can't understand... talking with my Dad in MTL, he said there's even rumours of Price, possibly to Colorado - and even Tatar in there. Maybe people just stirring the pot, but would the organization really re-visit that still-raw "send a Hall of Fame goalie to Colorado" sore spot that so many of us Habs fans have not forgiven them for...? To this day, I STILL can't even catch a glimpse of Le Bleuet without getting angry.

Like I said to my Dad, if Molson is content with the revenues from 82 games only, then it won't get better. The truth of the matter is it's a business that holds our passions and emotions hostage, with little chance of return on our investment.

1 hour ago, Lucky Pucker said:

You forgot "CIBOIRE!!!"

Yeah, I just can't understand... talking with my Dad in MTL, he said there's even rumours of Price, possibly to Colorado - and even Tatar in there. Maybe people just stirring the pot, but would the organization really re-visit that still-raw "send a Hall of Fame goalie to Colorado" sore spot that so many of us Habs fans have not forgiven them for...? To this day, I STILL can't even catch a glimpse of Le Bleuet without getting angry.

Like I said to my Dad, if Molson is content with the revenues from 82 games only, then it won't get better. The truth of the matter is it's a business that holds our passions and emotions hostage, with little chance of return on our investment.

Ouin, CIBOIRE!! lolll

Merci mon bro. It does hit a sensitive nerve :(

It feels like the Habs are always treading the middle ground, we don't go full out on a proper rebuild, we don't go full out on a run. 

Doesn't help that we don't draft that well either, we need a shakeup at the top. Too many sycophants hanging on to the organization. 

47 minutes ago, A.YOUNGoalie13 said:

Lehner apparently wanted to go to Toronto

96CFFFBC-ABC3-4781-B941-8935403F9243.jpeg

Haha, that was a weird deal, Toronto basically just buying a draft pick and then retaining some of Lehner's salary so Vegas pays like 6% of the overall salary

Can't wait for him and Olaf Kolzig to be enshrined on Legends Row

19 hours ago, holdUP said:

I'm surprised Carolina didn't push more for Lehner, instead of chasing down Skjei...

As for Kovalchuk, he could very well sign back in Montreal again in the summer!

THAT is what I don't understand. Letting him go only to get him back? They did this to Plekanec and I found it insulting. Pleky devoted his career to Montreal. He then retired, at least in Montreal but it was still an odd deal.

Let him go to get him back, you're basically getting a draft pick for free. Did you really lose anything this year by sending him to Washington? Not really if you weren't making the playoffs anyways. So you re-sign him next year, and you also get that draft pick. I don't see it as insulting, he was traded to a contender to have a shot at winning the Stanley cup, I'm sure if anything kovalchuk would be appreciative. Makes perfect sense to me.... Then again I'm not a Habs fan so I can look at it a bit more objectively I guess haha. 

Archived