The "Official" Beer League Championship Thread

SaveByRichter35

• 2 weeks later...

So my son's Novice C Championship team, but ALL of us coach/helper Dads drink beer - ergo, posting in this thread is justified.

You can't believe how they played in that last game - a 10-3 trouncing of a team that had beat them 2 weeks prior. Everything we had showed them how to do, asked them to do, told them to do, yelled at them to do, implored them to do since the first practice, and every game - but which they never seemed to remember or execute... it all came together!

I was just an on-ice helper with this team, and it was an incredible experience. These kids can make you "want-to-punch-a-wall" frustrated, and then make you "I hope nobody saw that tear roll down" proud. Damned kids...

image.thumb.png.50469ea85c5cdbdded3b32aab041b423.png

• Like 2

On 4/19/2019 at 7:59 AM, Xdave90x said:

First year with the new team!

57362467_10161599003855253_6839794852637442048_n.jpg

Got to be a wicked feeling winning it in the first season with a new team. 'Grats

2 hours ago, Lucky Pucker said:

So my son's Novice C Championship team, but ALL of us coach/helper Dads drink beer - ergo, posting in this thread is justified.

You can't believe how they played in that last game - a 10-3 trouncing of a team that had beat them 2 weeks prior. Everything we had showed them how to do, asked them to do, told them to do, yelled at them to do, implored them to do since the first practice, and every game - but which they never seemed to remember or execute... it all came together!

I was just an on-ice helper with this team, and it was an incredible experience. These kids can make you "want-to-punch-a-wall" frustrated, and then make you "I hope nobody saw that tear roll down" proud. Damned kids...

image.thumb.png.50469ea85c5cdbdded3b32aab041b423.png

I can just imagine all the kids waiting in their cars while the dads just pound back a few. Hoisting the trophy as their own accomplishment.

5 minutes ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

Back to back

IMG_9685.JPG

There's one guy on your team that looks remotely happy about winning. :rofl:

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Got to be a wicked feeling winning it in the first season with a new team. 'Grats

I can just imagine all the kids waiting in their cars while the dads just pound back a few. Hoisting the trophy as their own accomplishment.

The others just found out that there are only two zeroes on that cheque.

14 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

It wasn't a very happy celebration, as you can tell.  The league president was late getting to the rink with the trophy, banner, and check so we didn't get to celebrate on the ice while we had a packed crowd on hand(a very rare 615pm start time allowed a lot of friends and family to attend).  Most of us were already mostly undressed when he got there so everyone threw their jersey back on for the picture.  The championship game for the lowest division in the league was an hour before ours at another rink about 45 minutes away.  Those benders took forever skating the trophy around like it was the Stanley Cup so he didn't get to our game in time.  A lot of people also weren't happy to find out that instead of t-shirts we got $100 towards new jerseys, which no one really needs.

12 minutes ago, Lucky Pucker said:

Oversized novelty cheque FTW!

(I guess technically, as you've been paid here, that makes you a "pro" of some sort...? Don't go getting all big on us, SBR - lol!)

Hahaha I wish, it was just a credit towards new jerseys.

9 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Hey, $7.15 each is nothing to scoff at. Entitled shits I tell ya.

:baller:

3 minutes ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

It wasn't a very happy celebration, as you can tell.  The league president was late getting to the rink with the trophy, banner, and check so we didn't get to celebrate on the ice while we had a packed crowd on hand(a very rare 615pm start time allowed a lot of friends and family to attend).  Most of us were already mostly undressed when he got there so everyone threw their jersey back on for the picture.  The championship game for the lowest division in the league was an hour before ours at another rink about 45 minutes away.  Those benders took forever skating the trophy around like it was the Stanley Cup so he didn't get to our game in time.  A lot of people also weren't happy to find out that instead of t-shirts we got $100 towards new jerseys, which no one really needs.

Hahaha I wish, it was just a credit towards new jerseys.

:baller:

You mean 100$ beer fund. Priorities son.

23 hours ago, Xdave90x said:

That's your chance to convince your team to get a jersey that match your gear!

These jerseys are only like 2 years old, so about 6-7 seasons.  I already tried to get them to do something to match my gear, too many islander fans on the team squashed the red/white/blue theme even though I didn't wanna do an actual Ranger jersey(I wanted to use a CBJ jersey).  We're using it for guys who wanna get new ones for whatever various reasons.  Bigger size, rips/holes, their own personal jersey, etc.

23 hours ago, coopaloop1234 said:

You should have seen their old jerseys.... :chug:

:barf:Hated those.

• 2 months later...

This was not the outcome anyone thought was going to happen.  We usually have slobberknockers with this team.  They knew this was going to be their last game in the league and I'm sure they wanted to leave with a bang.  Unfortunately, their goalie didn't get the memo.  He.  Was.  Awful.  I think we statistically scored on every other shot in the first period if I remember correctly.  By the end of the game it was almost one out of four shots.  Oh well, 3 in a row for us now.

4ED958E3-5050-4045-8238-C9112EFA7DFB.JPG

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

This was not the outcome anyone thought was going to happen.  We usually have slobberknockers with this team.  They knew this was going to be their last game in the league and I'm sure they wanted to leave with a bang.  Unfortunately, their goalie didn't get the memo.  He.  Was.  Awful.  I think we statistically scored on every other shot in the first period if I remember correctly.  By the end of the game it was almost one out of four shots.  Oh well, 3 in a row for us now.

Can't believe you waited a week to post this. :shakehead: