The "Official" Beer League Championship Thread

SaveByRichter35

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...

We won our league in the bottom division. I was subbing as a forward. I’m on the lower right next to my girl. She scored the tying goal that allowed us to start the come back and win 3-1. We got the cup and wool hats with the league logo on it. We beat an undefeated* team.

*They had an overtime loss during the regular season, to us.B|

88711D23-BD51-4043-9259-B614F610C0E6.jpeg

On 2/19/2017 at 5:55 PM, SaveByRichter35 said:

Just carrying this over from the GSBB.  This is actually a few months old now, from the Fall season. We're well into the winter season now and tied for first place again. Funny thing is, we beat my old team in a high scoring goalie duel, if that actually makes sense lol.  Nothing better than beating your old team.

Funny you post this.

I'm playing on two teams in the same division.  The first team was my old team before I "retired" - I'm on full-time with these guys. 

The second team is a bunch of my old friends from working at Hockey/GoalieMonkey and a few other folks.  If there's a scheduling conflict, I default to the first team. 

Both teams are undefeated so far; 3-0 with the main team and 5-0 with the second.

I wonder what I'm gonna do if we meet in the championship game...

No team pic yet to put up. Currently I'm tending in D3 (lowest level of the 3 levels we have) and we are 8-1-1 and in first place by 3 pts. The 2nd team I'm on (same league) is in D2 and there I play center but drop back to D as needed. For this team we are 7-1-2 and are either tied for first or in first. Our seasons are short, only 15 games and the play offs are double elimination. D3 has 8 teams, D2 has 6 teams, and D1 has 4.

6 hours ago, Chenner29 said:

Funny you post this.

I'm playing on two teams in the same division.  The first team was my old team before I "retired" - I'm on full-time with these guys. 

The second team is a bunch of my old friends from working at Hockey/GoalieMonkey and a few other folks.  If there's a scheduling conflict, I default to the first team. 

Both teams are undefeated so far; 3-0 with the main team and 5-0 with the second.

I wonder what I'm gonna do if we meet in the championship game...

There is only one thing you can do...half ice hockey!!  Take back line is the far blue line haha

• 1 month later...

Won the league playoff tourney for a team I was subbing for after their goalie went down with an injury a couple weeks before season's end. Got an assist on the championship game winner with less than 5 seconds left. It's only beer league but it felt really good to win.

received_10156403036527176.jpeg

Edited by insertnamehere
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, insertnamehere said:

Won the league playoff tourney for a team I was subbing for after their goalie went down with an injury a couple weeks before season's end. Got an assist on the championship game winner with less than 5 seconds left. It's only beer league but it felt really good to win.

334.gif of here with that type of thinking.  Beer league is life now lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

I wish I could play that much.  I can't afford to play on more than one team and the pickup hockey around here is usually pretty bad that its not even work going.

Just got picked up by a third team for the end of the season/playoffs. So that schedule is not normally indicative of the amount of hockey I play.

Plus, not having to pay any league fees is another reason. :P

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, jayluv54 said:

Damn, dont have kids or that schedule will all say "Soccer Game", "Gymnastics Meet", "Track Meet", 1 or 2 might say "Hockey", but you won't make it because someone threw up...:facepalm:

I'm feeling as though this was written by someone who's experienced this all a few too many times.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Fucking lost our semifinal game in overtime the other night.  The guy who filled in for me played really well.  It was fun to watch a game from the bench with the guys.  Something I haven't done in over 10 years.  After talking it up for months the league just unveiled the new trophy...and it is stupid.

PHL Cup.jpg