Pant sizing database with all considerations

RichMan

When you choose your pants, you consider your waist size, tucked or untucked c/a, thickness of cup abdominal wall.

I'm a 30-32 waist. My current pants are XL. My cup is a Vaughn 7000. I was wearing my previous c/a tucked. Now I'm going to go untucked with my current c/a, but clearly I need to downsize to either a medium or large. Last snug pants I wore were the Tackla 6000s way back.

For those of you untucked, how much does your cup factor in the equation? And does an internal belt create an issue with that?

I currently don’t tuck and wear a medium Warrior X2 Pro pant and a Warrior X2 Pro jock. I wear a 32” in jeans but likely am more like a 31”. I use the inner belt in my pants and don’t find the belly pad of the jock to bother me in fact it likely makes it fit well enough I don’t use suspenders.

This will likely change as I ordered custom Brian’s optik2 pants and C/A so when they come I might need to adjust. (Both mediums). 

On ‎3‎/‎3‎/‎2020 at 1:04 PM, RichMan said:

When you choose your pants, you consider your waist size, tucked or untucked c/a, thickness of cup abdominal wall.

I'm a 30-32 waist. My current pants are XL. My cup is a Vaughn 7000. I was wearing my previous c/a tucked. Now I'm going to go untucked with my current c/a, but clearly I need to downsize to either a medium or large. Last snug pants I wore were the Tackla 6000s way back.

For those of you untucked, how much does your cup factor in the equation? And does an internal belt create an issue with that?

I think it depends on what pants you go with and their "style" I wear around the same pant size as you 30-32/33 and wear large Simmons pants. I have more than enough room to fit my jock and I tuck in my C/A. I do wear suspenders to keep everything up so I'm not sure if that would work for you. If you went large you could downsize while being able to fit your jock in with enough room. It would be nice to be able to ditch the suspenders so I could use an internal belt to keep everything up, but my pants don't have that option and I'm warry since I tuck in my C/A.

For reference I wear compression pants with a normal cup along with my Bauer pro double jock and still have room. Simmons pants resemble CCM pants with larger barrel design.

55 minutes ago, Quadzilla32 said:

For reference I wear compression pants with a normal cup along with my Bauer pro double jock and still have room. Simmons pants resemble CCM pants with larger barrel design.

I wear compression shorts with a cup as well, single outer cup. I did own the Simmons 993 pants. They are/were built by Mckenney, hence the quality. I liked them and were definitely a tighter fit than my current Mckenney pants. 

20 hours ago, RichMan said:

I wear compression shorts with a cup as well, single outer cup. I did own the Simmons 993 pants. They are/were built by Mckenney, hence the quality. I liked them and were definitely a tighter fit than my current Mckenney pants. 

How do you like the current McKenney pants btw? I have a lead on an older GPT 855 model but had no reviews to go on.

45 minutes ago, johncho said:

How do you like the current McKenney pants btw? I have a lead on an older GPT 855 model but had no reviews to go on.

It's the 855 I own which are essentially the renamed 870. Comfortable, durable and very protective. I put them up there with Brown pants. Been wearing their brand of pants since 2000 or so. I wouldn't mind getting the XGP1 pants which are pretty much the Simmons 994s or whatever number they're at now.

On ‎3‎/‎5‎/‎2020 at 10:37 AM, A.YOUNGoalie13 said:

Do you NEED big pants to tuck your C & A? I want to try it but my pants might be to small

I don't believe you HAVE to have big pants to tuck in your C&A but I think it defiantly helps and aids in lowering the chances of everything bunching up and becoming a hindrance. I also wear slightly bigger pants because I can use them to cheat and cover more of the net helping me keep those odd shots out. My only issue is that I have weird leg length or something because I tried on large pants the leg length was too long and interfered with my knee stack. I tried hiking them way up but it just felt off and didn't want to do that the entire time I wore them. I eventually got some custom pants made through Simmons and had them make me a size large with medium length legs. 

Archived