Warrior Ritual X2 Senior Pants VS X2 Pro Senior

OceanMon

So all the stores are shut down here and I can't take a look at the pants in the store. Wondering if any of you can provide me insight. 

Is it worth it to get the Pro RX2 pants?  Or is the senior model basically the same thing?

I'm looking to use it in an untucked situation. 

As a side question, Warrior RX2 vs Vaughn SLR2....which is preferred and why?

Thanks!!!

As a

Can’t speak to the RX2 line, but have had the Ritual X Seniors for about 2 years averaging just below 2 skates per week.  From a durability standpoint, they’ve held up very well - some minor fraying along the bottom of the legs, but no rips or tears.  Protection is really good.  I skate mid-level beer league, but have had several skates with some really good shooters and have never had an issue with protection.  

I've been in the LT88 pants for years now without issue for mid-high league beer league. I've never found that protection/durability to be an issue in any of the senior pant lines I've worn and is the only piece of equipment I don't have a pro version of.

I generally don't think that the extra cash is worth it, but your mileage may vary.

I have Ritual Pro X and using them for 5 years now - 2/3 times a week. 

The reason I bought Pro version over senior was materials used. Especially outher shell. The kind of nylon or whatever that is felt so much better on Pro version. I'm still going to use them as they hold up very well. There are small areas where I've got some tears - like from my C/A - but other than that it's great pair of pants even after 5 years.

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/25/2020 at 9:31 AM, OceanMon said:

Thanks for the responses, guys!  Pulling the trigger on the seniors now!

Did you ever get the pants? What do you think about them my whole set up is in need of a overhaul and have heard good things about them. Do they still have tabs in them to tie in knee pads? My main issue is finding pants with knee guard tabs on them. 

get the high price point one , better foam and glue.  i compared them and use them side by side one on each leg, accidentally.  

The QA people put the wrong size and foam in the other thigh pads, how do i know?  i took it out b/c the foam on the inside kept moving around and getting caught on the other leg.  

Also the material is diff, one is shinny the other is not and foam diff.

33 minutes ago, DL42 said:

get the high price point one , better foam and glue.  i compared them and use them side by side one on each leg, accidentally.  

The QA people put the wrong size and foam in the other thigh pads, how do i know?  i took it out b/c the foam on the inside kept moving around and getting caught on the other leg.  

Do they still have knee guard tabs on them like the older model did? I’m trying to find some pants that have tabs to lace in knee guards. 

51 minutes ago, DL42 said:

I have to inquire as to how you accidentally put on two pairs of pants simultaneously? 

QA people check to ensure spec is followed as to what engineers and project managers have put to print and what the line workers would have installed or built.  So Warrior QA verified (aka ignored) consistently that the incorrect foams were installed and passed for shipment anyway?  Or did the r&d team choose a bad design?  Did you check multiple pieces of the same pants model yourself to verify your statement?

I would appreciate some clarification.  You tend to come in and type these short whirlwind posts, and I can't be the only one misunderstanding you. 

Also if anyone owns small or medium X2 Pro or Senior pants, could you help me out by taking some measurements?

2 hours ago, dreadlocked1 said:

I have to inquire as to how you accidentally put on two pairs of pants simultaneously? 

QA people check to ensure spec is followed as to what engineers and project managers have put to print and what the line workers would have installed or built.  So Warrior QA verified (aka ignored) consistently that the incorrect foams were installed and passed for shipment anyway?  Or did the r&d team choose a bad design?  Did you check multiple pieces of the same pants model yourself to verify your statement?

I would appreciate some clarification.  You tend to come in and type these short whirlwind posts, and I can't be the only one misunderstanding you. 

Also if anyone owns small or medium X2 Pro or Senior pants, could you help me out by taking some measurements?

i didnt put 2 pants on that would be silly, i was going to repair the inside thigh protector on my left bc it kept folding ever since i got it so i took it out and saw that it was slighty cracked.in certain areas.  I was going to rig something up for both of them so I took the other one off and they were 2 different size short by 1" ,  heck the material was slighty diff the plastic on one was shinny the other was matte.

This is what i think happen , the people putting it together ran out of the pro one and grab the sr. version one to get the order filled completed ,but didnt realized it was the wrong size and box or someone put the product in the wrong bin when they were putting the pant together.

someone putt the wrong product and size in on of the thigh in the pants that was whats wrong at the end of the day.

AT the end of the day the length wasnt that big of a deal,  the thigh protector foam on the side was, got hit there 5 times or so the last 2 years,  everything else is minimal.

8 hours ago, OceanMon said:

I have medium seniors

If you don’t mind me if you don’t mind me asking, how much do you weigh/height? Looking at the sizing chart it says I’m a medium but currently in a large pant. Get any interference with jock or chesty? 

Since these have tabs I’m really liking these pants. 

13 hours ago, Quadzilla32 said:

Do they still have knee guard tabs on them like the older model did? I’m trying to find some pants that have tabs to lace in knee guards. 

I wouldn't get used to these tabs. They aren't very sturdy - at least there weren't in Ritual X Pro back when I bought them (they looked exactly the same as @OceanMon posted here).

Mine were useded with Warrior knee guards and didn't last one season. I fixed them with some thicker leather and that was way better and now I'm not useing them at all.

Other than that great pants. If I had to buy new pair I would pick Warrior again for sure.

On 4/15/2020 at 12:48 AM, OceanMon said:

Front - 19"

Rear - 24"

Inseam - 9"

Hope this helps

Thanks!  At 5'6" and my hip to knee being between small and medium, AND your measurements are about the same as my 11 year old Vaughn Epic 8600 pants and I've been wanting something shorter...I think I'm going to get the size small Senior Pros.  Gotta get another 10 years out of my next pair, hopefully these are up to the task with a little TLC. These old pants have lasted well past their intended lifespan.  It's like a nice sweatshirt now.
2047588117_2020-04-1520_55_11.thumb.jpg.4067753580cb77d8314bf625e4ba3b5d.jpg

2020-04-15 20.57.34.jpg

2 hours ago, dreadlocked1 said:

Thanks!  At 5'6" and my hip to knee being between small and medium, AND your measurements are about the same as my 11 year old Vaughn Epic 8600 pants and I've been wanting something shorter...I think I'm going to get the size small Senior Pros.  Gotta get another 10 years out of my next pair, hopefully these are up to the task with a little TLC. These old pants have lasted well past their intended lifespan.  It's like a nice sweatshirt now.2047588117_2020-04-1520_55_11.thumb.jpg.4067753580cb77d8314bf625e4ba3b5d.jpg

2020-04-15 20.57.34.jpg

Glad I could help!  I think the small is the right choice. 

The measurement info is obscenely helpful.  Is there any way you could post a few pictures of how you made those measurements?  I'm asking because when I measure the inseam of my large CCM pants, I get between 8.5-10 inches, depending on where I measure from.  I'd like to compare Warrior's inseam to my Premiers before pulling the trigger Warrior.

I have pretty short thighs, and prefer my pants not rest on the knee blocks when standing. In the past, I've had issues when my pants hang up on the knee block and don't allow my pads to rotate back to center when standing up out of butterfly.  My CCMs barely touch my knee blocks, and they seem to have some of the shortest legs out there. 

5 hours ago, Gray Falcon said:

The measurement info is obscenely helpful.  Is there any way you could post a few pictures of how you made those measurements?  I'm asking because when I measure the inseam of my large CCM pants, I get between 8.5-10 inches, depending on where I measure from.  I'd like to compare Warrior's inseam to my Premiers before pulling the trigger Warrior.

I have pretty short thighs, and prefer my pants not rest on the knee blocks when standing. In the past, I've had issues when my pants hang up on the knee block and don't allow my pads to rotate back to center when standing up out of butterfly.  My CCMs barely touch my knee blocks, and they seem to have some of the shortest legs out there. 

Here you go

IMG_20200420_230240.jpg

IMG_20200420_230202.jpg

IMG_20200420_230218.jpg

Archived