IPv6Freely's Never-Ending Season

IPv6Freely

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, Imperative said:

Do they really use that rink for curling As well? I see they have the circles painted on

Absolutely! I haven't played in a few years though. I played one season, got put on a rink with three oldtimers, and ended up winning the championship. The 1015pm starts didn't appeal to me though, so I ended up not signing up the next season. 

• 1 month later...

We actually won this game 8-6. After already being eliminated from the playoffs, this is basically just an exhibition game for the losers. We brought in the couple of guys who will be playing for us next season. The other team brought in a bunch of subs from the division above us. I thought we were going to get crushed, but thankfully the D4 guys didn't go too crazy, with the exception of a couple breakaway goals. 

Giving up 6 goals is never a good thing, but the goals that I let in were mostly either breakaways or cross crease tap-ins. 

The save at 0:50 really got me into the game and I was much better for the rest of the game. 

10 minutes ago, southpawtendy48 said:

Might’ve been mentioned before but your setup’s pretty sweet. Also, what stick do you use?

Thanks!! It's a Matte black and red Passau with a special grip. I wanted to order a set of red sticks with that grip but they don't do the grip anymore :( 

9 minutes ago, southpawtendy48 said:

I was considering Passau custom sticks but it appears they only do foam core if I’m not mistaken. I use a BPM 150 at the moment as composites are way easier on my shoulder. I use a jig saw to make my desired grip then I sand it down... maybe not the safest idea. Lol.

Yes, foam core only. I've tried multiple composites and haven't liked any of them. Someday I'll be forced to make the switch, but for now I'll stick with what I know and like. Which is weird for me because I'm usually a guy who wants to be as cutting edge as possible with my gear. 

1 hour ago, southpawtendy48 said:

Well you don’t have a weak stick side shoulder like me lol. anything heavier and my arm’s gonna fall off. ?

Haha My first ever stick was composite but I hated the vibration. Then I tried a wood stick and my arm almost fell off. Foam core was the sweet spot. You can also get foam core with a composite shaft from Passau to save a bunch of weight. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Man your team was absolutely awful that game. Also just one thing I noticed is that you get up with your inside leg, let’s say if the pucks on the left side you get up with your left leg. If you got up with the inside leg you’d recover a LOT faster, I’m not an expert by any means but it’s just something I noticed.

• 5 months later...

Playing the top seeded Predators, who have only lost a handful of games over the last three seasons and have given up less than a goal per game. They had two players who shouldn't be in our division. One of them was ejected during the third period for homophobic slurs. Huge credit to the referee, who was clearly a beginner, for having the guts to toss him. You hear it once in the video, but the tirade doesn't end there and he continues to say it on the way to the penalty box before being ultimately sent off.

Archived