Problem with Bauer S29 pads

Duppe

So I’ve used the Bauer S29 pads for two ices now, and I’ve had a pretty bad experience with them so far. The inner parts of the leg channel constantly get stuck inside my skates. This stops them from rotating properly, and really just messes up my game completely. Is there any fix to this?

13 hours ago, Duppe said:

So I’ve used the Bauer S29 pads for two ices now, and I’ve had a pretty bad experience with them so far. The inner parts of the leg channel constantly get stuck inside my skates. This stops them from rotating properly, and really just messes up my game completely. Is there any fix to this?

Could you post a picture of what your talking about cause that might help get the brainies to suggest a fix. Im a gear dummy I cant help but somebody smart prolly can.

14 hours ago, Duppe said:

I'm guessing it's one of these pieces...

image.png.6b73303b29152ae321ac3412956425ac.png

Do you wear socks? Have you considered running your socks below your ankles so the ILP doesn't get stuck in your boot?

On 7/17/2020 at 10:22 AM, Chenner29 said:

Do you wear socks? Have you considered running your socks below your ankles so the ILP doesn't get stuck in your boot?

Yep yep a brainie is tryin to help and he put up a pic. Awesom stuff here. 😃

1 hour ago, Chenner29 said:

It’s the one circled on the right. I do wear socks, so I guess I could try using some sock tape to keep them below my ankles.

2 hours ago, Duppe said:

It’s the one circled on the right. I do wear socks, so I guess I could try using some sock tape to keep them below my ankles.

I had this issue occasionally when i had the 1s. try tightening the boot strap. I used it through the lundy loop 

I had simillar issue on my 2S and started to use boot strap. It helped a little bit. But additionally i sewed the inner wrap (right one on your picture) to the outer wrap on the bottom of the wrap. Now I tried to add the professor strap, so i hope, that the boot strap will not be necessary

I've had maybe five times this to happen with my Warriors. 

It's been rare so I didn't take any actions to it. But after I took one of the two rubbercords away from toeties the problem seems to have gone. It might be from gear getting more used or something else too.

Archived