Going to Canada During Covid

MTH

I know you can't cross into Canada from the US for fun during Covid. There are restrictions regarding work and family only. What about going over to Canada to buy something and heading back to the US (AKA Covidland)? My son is looking to buy a new DH bike. Between the conversion rates and the lack of bikes in the US for sale, he's chomping at the bit to go to Canada for one.

Anyone tried to just cross the border for the day/ few hours? Is it possible right now?

Anyone know of any possible routes I could go and not have to stop? (asking for a friend)

On 8/1/2020 at 11:30 AM, MTH said:

I know you can't cross into Canada from the US for fun during Covid. There are restrictions regarding work and family only. What about going over to Canada to buy something and heading back to the US (AKA Covidland)? My son is looking to buy a new DH bike. Between the conversion rates and the lack of bikes in the US for sale, he's chomping at the bit to go to Canada for one.

Anyone tried to just cross the border for the day/ few hours? Is it possible right now?

Anyone know of any possible routes I could go and not have to stop? (asking for a friend)

I hope your son can get a bike someother way. 

10 hours ago, Flyers27 said:

@MTH that's a no go for now. It would be considered non essential travel. I would not suggest trying to find a route into the country that doesn't require you to stop at a border crossing.

Wasn't me - it was for a "friend". I'll let him know. Dude is also a terrible goalie and looks just like me.

On 8/1/2020 at 4:11 PM, coopaloop1234 said:

Get your disease ridden ass out of our country. 

You guys sneaking in is already a problem that we're trying to deal with, we're not going to encourage more of it. 

Ec3UnwlUMAE43kn.jpg

I'm already sending boxes of used Florida indoor air to Canada as I type. 

Dr. Evil GIFs | Reaction GIFs

11 hours ago, coopaloop1234 said:

We just need to keep the illegals from the south from crossing into our country. 

I sent a letter to President Trump informing him that we need a border fence along the Canada border to keep those god damned Canadian Geese in Canada where they belong.

Hoping he gets it.

9 minutes ago, MTH said:

I sent a letter to President Trump informing him that we need a border fence along the Canada border to keep those god damned Canadian Geese in Canada where they belong.

Hoping he gets it.

Who will read it to him?

The saddest thing is that nobody has been sensible when things got opened back up. Add to that people not wearing there masks. Oh well im playing fake hockey on fake ice in my basement until theres a vaccine. I can throw fake snow in the air and hope lacey chabert appears. 
 @Wonder35 I think kellyanne conway will sit on trumpys lap and read @MTH letter about a two mile high border fence to keep out canada gooses. Funny they never say eh just attack you on the golf course. 

@MTH  I don't know what kind of bike you're looking for but my wife and I will be selling our extra bike once I get mine back from repair.  It's a Mongoose mountain bike, not sure of the model off the top of my head.  Frame is a nice royal blue color, handle grips are red rubber.  Tires are about 22" and about a month old give or take.  We just ride around the neighborhood with the kids, never took it off road.  I can send pictures if interested.

1 hour ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

@MTH  I don't know what kind of bike you're looking for but my wife and I will be selling our extra bike once I get mine back from repair.  It's a Mongoose mountain bike, not sure of the model off the top of my head.  Frame is a nice royal blue color, handle grips are red rubber.  Tires are about 22" and about a month old give or take.  We just ride around the neighborhood with the kids, never took it off road.  I can send pictures if interested.

Does it have some sweet tassels?

On 8/6/2020 at 11:13 AM, SaveByRichter35 said:

Thanks for the offer. He's been racing up at Mountain Creek DH park a lot. It's a downhill bike he's after. Basically a dirt bike without a motor.

p6pb18592551.jpg

With the conversion rate now, sweet deals are to be had north of the border.

Archived