NHL 17-18 Season Chat

Fullright

Pretty cool set of opening nights. Chicago's D looked more mobile and faster than the last few years. Glad Quick seems back to himself. Did Bishop get blown up again? Saw something unclear on FB that he got his face busted up again. Price is just so (insert superlative here). Good for MAF and Vegas!

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm cherry picking off highlight videos but what is up with Tuuka?  He looks determined to play either on his knees the entire game or flail randomly at the puck.  It looked pretty ugly against the Avs.  Anyone actually watched a game and seen the same thing or am I just seeing him at his very worst in clips?

1 hour ago, dreadlockgoalie said:

I'm cherry picking off highlight videos but what is up with Tuuka?  He looks determined to play either on his knees the entire game or flail randomly at the puck.  It looked pretty ugly against the Avs.  Anyone actually watched a game and seen the same thing or am I just seeing him at his very worst in clips?

He hasn't been great for a couple seasons now. I'm sure the team in front of him isn't helping anything. 

7 hours ago, Fullright said:

MAF on injured reserve with a concussion? Anyone know how it happened? Shame in that he was off to a good start. Hope Malcolm takes advantage of the chance; he didn't get much a shake in Boston.

Knee to the head. I’m not sure how he finished that game. The spotters must have been out getting some more nachos or something.

5 hours ago, Fullright said:

Well, there could be jobs available in Vegas' crease. Interested to see Oscar Dansk. 

I mailed my resume, waiting for a reply...

Vegas is kicking themselves for not taking Pickard right now. Made no sense why they passed him up really. He already showed last season in Colorado he is a capable minder.

15 hours ago, estogoalie said:

I mailed my resume, waiting for a reply...

Vegas is kicking themselves for not taking Pickard right now. Made no sense why they passed him up really. He already showed last season in Colorado he is a capable minder.

Happy to give you a reference if needed.

He played pretty well. Gigantic line backer size goalie who's pretty quick. 

On another note, Crawford could go the whole season and never give up a goal and people would still say he sucks. BS, the guy is awesome and has been for some time.

56 minutes ago, Fullright said:

Happy to give you a reference if needed.

He played pretty well. Gigantic line backer size goalie who's pretty quick. 

On another note, Crawford could go the whole season and never give up a goal and people would still say he sucks. BS, the guy is awesome and has been for some time.

He sucks

2 minutes ago, IPv6Freely said:

I’m glad the staged fights are gone but I will always be a fan of emotional fights where necessary. 

They just aren’t often necessary at this point in the season. 

Staged fights are silly. 

But if someone breaks your star player’s hand, someone better lay down the law!!!

5 hours ago, bunnyman666 said:

Staged fights are silly. 

But if someone breaks your star player’s hand, someone better lay down the law!!!

Isn't that the refs job?  Fighting a guy after he takes your star out seems pretty pointless.  Don't get me started on the fights that start after some gets hit hard but cleanly.  Totally useless.

I loved the intensity of fights when I was younger but with all we know about CTE ruining guys lives, I can't honestly get excited for it now.  Too much at stake that goes beyond the game.

Archived