Imperative

On 2018-02-25 at 8:24 AM, Fullright said:

Curt's right...your D was awful. I don't think you played poorly. You made a lot of good stops. When you're scrambling trying to get into position when the play unfolds because of blown D coverage, kind of impossible to stay square and compact. File the game away and move onto the next one. Forget it.

Thanks @Fullright! To be honest I just felt off all game, I was battling but I never settled into my game. As a team we never seem to play our best against the Brutes even though there is a bit of animosity between us. 

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Imperative said:

Latest shinny time. I don’t wear knee pads and have never taken a puck to the knee but near the end of the shinny the one goal that goes 5 hole caught me on the inside of the knee, didn’t really hurt but has left a bruise

Sir, you have issues. :)

1 hour ago, cwarnar said:

You wear the Vaughns exclusively for shinny?

Why do you do the side view instead of behind the net with your cam?

@cwarnar I have used the Vaughn’s exclusively for shinny since I got them. I have used my Brians for games. I just want to change it up for shinny’s. I get bored of watching from only the behind the net view. to be honest I don’t learn a whole lot from watching my shinny play as guys don’t treat it like a game and they don’t take shots like it is a game, they try to dangle everyone, haha. For me at least shinny’s are less than 1/2 speed of a game. 

1 hour ago, Fullright said:

Sir, you have issues. :)

What do you mean @Fullright?

15 minutes ago, Imperative said:

@cwarnar I have used the Vaughn’s exclusively for shinny since I got them. I have used my Brians for games. I just want to change it up for shinny’s. I get bored of watching from only the behind the net view. to be honest I don’t learn a whole lot from watching my shinny play as guys don’t treat it like a game and they don’t take shots like it is a game, they try to dangle everyone, haha. For me at least shinny’s are less than 1/2 speed of a game. 

I agree 100%... I have 2 different pick up groups that play the exact same way... I find myself being lazy because of this

3 hours ago, Fullright said:

Just that it is ba dass to play without knee pads and not complain about it when you get dinged.

I have tried wearing knee pads had a set is passau, the g netik’s came with some. I just can’t stand having straps around the back of my knee and I find it too hot wearing them(sweaty knees). It honestly didn’t hurt when I got hit but woke up Monday and it was bruised, haha.

3 hours ago, cwarnar said:

I agree 100%... I have 2 different pick up groups that play the exact same way... I find myself being lazy because of this

I believe many bad habits are picked up during shinny’s for both goalies and even more so players, many of my Viking teammates come to the shinny’s and when we have played 2-3 shinny’s in a row and then play a game it is ugly, the boys can’t make an outlet pass, can’t protect the puck, totally forget how to play defence, haha. For me in shinny’s I try to work on movement in my crease when the puck is at the other end and also spend time stretching. I am not saying shinny is worthless for improving my game but it is a totally different animal when you get into a game, the pace is faster, guys will release shots from anywhere they are not always trying to make the perfect play. 

latest game here. I subbed for a team that some of my Vikings teammates sub with. We had a bad snow storm and I was sure the game would be cancelled but both teams managed to make but the ref did not, he lives on a hiway that was closed down due to the weather. Anyways I played ok, I felt like I was moving well and I felt good but my rebound control wasn’t great and gap control on some shots and breakaways that cost me goals was a hit of an issue. 

On ‎2018‎-‎03‎-‎04 at 5:27 PM, Imperative said:

latest game here. I subbed for a team that some of my Vikings teammates sub with. We had a bad snow storm and I was sure the game would be cancelled but both teams managed to make but the ref did not, he lives on a hiway that was closed down due to the weather. Anyways I played ok, I felt like I was moving well and I felt good but my rebound control wasn’t great and gap control on some shots and breakaways that cost me goals was a hit of an issue. 

Watched it, nothing much more to say than what you have already. Looked like you knew which ones you should have had. Movements looked smooth, puck tracking looked good.

8 hours ago, insertnamehere said:

Watched it, nothing much more to say than what you have already. Looked like you knew which ones you should have had. Movements looked smooth, puck tracking looked good.

Thanks, I feel like I am finally moving the way I was before I got hit and had a concussion in late November. Only 2 games left in my season and possibly a tourney 

You looked really solid in this one Cam... One thing you do exceptionally well is read the play and tracking the puck.

I felt your pain on the first 2 goals... And loved the desperation paddle save at 1:35.

How did you find the game without refs?  I usually find its more laid back... but if the game gets chippy, its a shit show.  Love the small town barn arena too... vintage Prairies

15 hours ago, cwarnar said:

You looked really solid in this one Cam... One thing you do exceptionally well is read the play and tracking the puck.

I felt your pain on the first 2 goals... And loved the desperation paddle save at 1:35.

How did you find the game without refs?  I usually find its more laid back... but if the game gets chippy, its a shit show.  Love the small town barn arena too... vintage Prairies

Thanks, I felt good but bad bounces and caught deep at times cost me. Without a ref was ok, the opposition actually was up 3-0 at one point and then we score 7 unanswered and they kind of gave up, they were not happy about no ref but it didn’t get too chippy but when there isn’t anymore me to make those “borderline penalty” calls guys get frustrated. 

2nd last game of the season and top To bottom it was the worst team effort of the year, everyone was bad especially me pucks going through me, shots that weren’t snipes beating me, it was rough. I really struggled with rebound control pucks were bouncing off of me and I failed to put manageable rebounds in safe places. 

59 minutes ago, cwarnar said:

Tough one Cam... those squeaker goals are super frustrating... I had a few of those myself on Friday.

What was with the player in full gear “reffing”

Yes for a second game in a row the opposition didn’t get a ref so their own players reffed and they switched each period. 

5:18 is yours but the rest, wtf was up with the Vikes? Not to single anyone out but #66 at least back on D was illustrative of the team's effort. You got way too many breakaways and crap in tight. I know you can win by yourself having seen you do it but you would have had to have everything go right for that happen this night. Forget the game and finish the season out enjoying your play.

well this is the last skate for my season. It was supposed to be a game but there was a snow storm and the opposition Cancelled on us. I thought I might’ve got to sub in a tourney at the end of the month but doesn’t look like that is going to happen so probably my last ice until July.

Glove was smokin'! Don't know how you stayed sharp when the game was called off; when it happened to me, the air would go out of the balloon and I would stink the joint out. White is really good at working those tips at the side of the net just above the crease. Nice job stuffing those. Hope you get something before July, and congrats on an excellent season especially playing most of it banged up after the collision. Good stuff, Cam.

Thanks Joe! To be honest with you I was pretty deflated when i found out the Game was cancelled, it was against a team that the vikings played against when i was injured and they beat the vikings really badly so I was pumped to see how I measured up to playing against them, to see if my performance could make a difference. I was kind of disappointed that my season ends with a shinny, I missed out on getting in a tourney this weekend and next weekend. 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived