Imperative

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 hours ago, Ghostender said:

Congrats on the shutout - you deserved it if only for the stick save! Too bad you couldn't get the rest of the game - definitely looking forward to the next game. Good luck!

Haha Thanks @Ghostender! I actually had a really lucky thumb of my blocker save in the 2nd period on a breakaway where the shooter beat me but a stretched out and had my arm and stuck open above my pad a just got it with my blocker. 

15 hours ago, Fullright said:

Great job and congrats! 15? You looked pretty busy in the 3rd;  game looked much closer than the score suggests.

Keep 'er rolling, Cam. Good luck!

Yeah the boys were saying it didn’t feel like a 15-0 game because the opposition was forechecking so hard all game. Honestly their goalie was having a tough time coming up with saves and he gave up in the third. 

here is game two of the round robin. This is the team we beat in the “a” final last year in this tourney. The boys played pretty solid in front of me, didn’t allow a whole lot. I played ok, 3rd goal and 5th goal were soft ones I should’ve had. The ref let the game get out of hand and things Escaladed, I zoomed in on their d man slashing our player after he scored on an empty net and that almost resulted in a few fights. 

here is the “a” final. This game really got out of hand. The ref let way too much go from both sides through the first two periods so things escalated. At one point we were up 6-1 and then some drunk players from the host team jump into the score  keepers box and start messing with the clock, they had the clock stopped multiple times during the play. Tourney rule was stop time in the final 10 minutes if you are within 3 goals which was maybe the last 3 minutes of the game. Anyways we hung on to win and after back to back wins and how we were treated by the hosts I don’t think we will be invited back again.  

Congrats on the win! Nice run during the last three games. Awesome. Looked like things were getting a little out of hand with white. #12 is a bitch in that he's in your crease, you give him a shove, and he's about to slash you but the shot gets released just as he's about to hack you. The scorer whacking your bottle was pussy crap too. Good for you and your team not engaging in the nonsense and getting the win. They wont invite you back because they cant beat you. 

Their team had a few guys who played DIv 1 and then echl/chl, we were looking up their hockey dB profiles after the game. They kind of had the attitude that they would win just because they had played a higher level than we have. It felt like they were trying to sandbag us a little bit but when they tried to turn it on we were so far ahead in the scoreboard they couldn’t even when the time keepers were stopping the clock during play buying them more time. Their forwards were trying to back me deep into the crease because their goalie was freaking about with traffic at his end even though my guys were staying out of his crease. It was nice to win but in past season were won $ more than our entrance fee, this year it was $50 less than the entrance fee, so lost money even though we won it all. 

1 hour ago, Znowleopard said:

Why, just why did he hit your bottle, after he scored, like what a dick move, i don't see why he didn't just puck it up for you.

Their team was a bunch of jerks, the ref had let the game get out of hand and they were losing when $500 is on the line. Not sure why he wanted to take it out on my water bottle, I was the only guy who hadn’t done anything to anyone all game, haha.

8 hours ago, Imperative said:

... Not sure why he wanted to take it out on my water bottle, I was the only guy who hadn’t done anything to anyone all game, haha.

That’s where you are sooo wrong. I think you probably pissed them off the most – in your own special way.

Just look at the look on #61’s face in the replay at about 1:29 – makes me happy just to see thatxD

Wow, dirty and dangerous at 4:16

Congrats on the win!

• 5 weeks later...
On 5/11/2018 at 8:38 AM, creasecollector said:

Haha, awesome. You're a really solid goalie. I'm a little shorter at 5'5", so I know the feeling ! 

Yeah life it a bit tougher for us shorter goalies, definelty not much love at all in the pros for short goalies, who is under 6’ Saros, Bernier, Halak I think that is all

• 2 months later...

first skate wearing my vh two piece cowling less skates, i picked them up from a AHL goalie, i don't think he even wore them. I was a little worried about the fit as they are touted as a custom skate, but i baked them to my feet and they felt awesome, best feel I have ever experienced in a skate. i also really like the performance so far, i know some have complained of feeling too high off the ice in the two piece but i can't say i noticed but I have always used taller step steel in previous skates plus I am short so i need all the extra height i can get. also my first time being on the ice since march and I felt decent. 

I got a 2nd skate in this weekend and changed up my look. I just picked up a set of Iceberg v4's for a really good deal and had to give them a try. this skate there were 3 goalies so we rotated for the hour and a half so i only got the first 20 minutes and last 10 in front of the camera. 

4goalies showed up to this skate so we switched every 10 minutes. I  forgot to deleted the old footage and ranout of space on the sd card 40 minutes in so i only got a couple shifts caught on film. 3 time out in my vh two piece skates and gotta say i really love them, so comfy and love the edge control i have with them. 

7 hours ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Man, I wouldn't have even bothered. :thumbdown:

Well many factors for why I stayed, I drove an hour to the rink(local ice doesn’t go in for another month and I haven’t skated since March I have the “itch” to get back out there, I was the first goalie in the dressing room/dressed so I definelty wasn’t going to take the gear off and go home and any day on the ice is a good day in my books.

1 hour ago, Imperative said:

Well many factors for why I stayed, I drove an hour to the rink(local ice doesn’t go in for another month and I haven’t skated since March I have the “itch” to get back out there, I was the first goalie in the dressing room/dressed so I definelty wasn’t going to take the gear off and go home and any day on the ice is a good day in my books.

For sure, I would've done the same. Still a lousy situation. Can't just tell the other goalies to scram? 

On 8/13/2018 at 9:26 PM, coopaloop1234 said:

For sure, I would've done the same. Still a lousy situation. Can't just tell the other goalies to scram? 

Tough to do as the rink is part of a multi sport plex with a pool, gymnasium, rock climbing, gymnastics area and the rink. You pay when you come in the door so by the time you get to ththe dressing room you have already paid and they allow 4 goalies so tough to tell guys to leave. 

• 2 weeks later...

So I just binged all of the game videos here (skipped the shinny stuff...just because I guess). You're a joy to watch. You've got great movement, great puck tracking, great athleticism, and you don't give up on the play. I don't know the caliber of the leagues you're in save for that tourney and the former ECHL/CHL guys, but you play really well. Its inspiring to watch, and came at a great time for me. Keep up the excellent play.

A few questions I have though regarding the leagues:

1. You play running time halves? If so, of what length?
  2. A team is to organize the ref for the game, not the league/rink?
  3. Can I have your freakin' awesome Brian's set?
    1. If so, awesome and thanks.
    2. If not, maybe this will change your mind: pleeeeeeeeaaaaase? I'll be your best friend.

1 hour ago, goalie381 said:

So I just binged all of the game videos here (skipped the shinny stuff...just because I guess). You're a joy to watch. You've got great movement, great puck tracking, great athleticism, and you don't give up on the play. I don't know the caliber of the leagues you're in save for that tourney and the former ECHL/CHL guys, but you play really well. Its inspiring to watch, and came at a great time for me. Keep up the excellent play.

A few questions I have though regarding the leagues:

1. You play running time halves? If so, of what length?
  2. A team is to organize the ref for the game, not the league/rink?
  3. Can I have your freakin' awesome Brian's set?
    1. If so, awesome and thanks.
    2. If not, maybe this will change your mind: pleeeeeeeeaaaaase? I'll be your best friend.

Well thanks for the kind words. It is a bit of a mixed bag of talent that I play with and against, some guys played jr a (ajhl) then on to ncaa div 1 and some guys didn’t even play organized hockey growing up, obviously the skilled guys really show through when the talent is that diverse. As far as your questions the length of time we play varies depending on what rink we are playing in. My team is from a small town and we put together a schedule with varies teams from other surrounding towns and basically play a home and home with them. In our rink we have two 35 straight time periods with a flood in between I believe the strangest we have in one of the rinks we visit is a 25 35 flood and a 20 all straight time. As far as a red the home team is responsible to get a ref which sometimes means no ref when we play a team that is poorly organized haha. Lastly I am sorry but I can’t give up my Brians set, haha. I have mixed in some other sets currently have a v4 set in addition to the Brians but I am going to wear the Brians until they literally fall apart. 

Archived