Imperative

On 2018-02-03 at 7:20 PM, Fullright said:

Dazzling work in both games. Just sharp and controlled with impossible saves added in for good measure. Very fun to watch. You now seem to be able to levitate from your knees and swat things out of the air which are over your head. Best job to date this season. That VH (?) to your left just has them shooting right into your glove. Free scouting report which means it is NOT reliable: #13 on the Sharks will almost always shoot along the ice 5 hole no matter where he is on the ice. 

Thanks @Fullright! Yeah throwing out the VH with the glove up high, guys just seem to fire it into my pocket,haha. I guess no one has been a true sniper yet. 

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 2018-02-05 at 6:50 PM, KootenayKeeper said:

@ImperativeI'm surprised you didn't get injured when you got wiped out by the forward. That's a classic MCL injury right there. I've been taken out a couple of times but it was pretty much head on and I saw them coming.

Yeah I was totally fine on that play and I didn’t see him coming at all. He did apologize and he lost an edge coming in, he didn’t mean to hit me at all. I have taken more abuse this season more than any other season I have played at least since being out of competitive hockey and just beer league.

3 hours ago, cwarnar said:

Holy optional defence Batman!

What's your early reviews on the V6's? 

There is no defence at all in shinny, haha. I don’t know how I feel about doing shinny’s during the season. I do t play at all from usually end of March until July or August and by then I want any ice I can get. Once I am in the season and playing 2-3 times a week, I notice how much shinny Is nothing like a game and bad habits sneak into my game and also Into my teammates game(most of them skate in all the shinny’s). I try to work on different skating/movement drills when the puck is in the other end, I left one drill in this video and immediately got scored on, haha. The V6’s are nice and light, definitely are softer than my g netik pro 2’s. In this video I am using a 5500 glove and v5 7800 blocker and I do like them. The v6 pads did come with two v6 2000 gloves and a blocker. I don’t have alot to say about blockers they all feel very similar to me. Personally I love the 5500 glove, it just feels so natural and like a ball glove to me. I don’t really like the break in the v6 glove but it does have a super nice open double tee pocket. 

The big re match against the team that I was knocked out against back in November. Back in the 2/3 size rink, it was -25 degrees celcius outside and almost that cold inside, haha. So it was a bit of challenge to regulate my body temp, I didn't pour any water on my face or head Like I usually do. They showed up with only 7 skaters and 5 minutes into the game one of their guys caught a re directed pass in the face and left the game with a cut. They had some guys show up late and we gave them a guy for the 2nd and 3rd period. I played fairly well except for a minor melt down where 3 straight shots went in, i should note this was the most shots I have faced all season. Thanks for watching, comments critics welcome

On 2/13/2018 at 11:07 PM, Imperative said:

... I played fairly well except for a minor melt down where 3 straight shots went in...

Those are always tough to recover from but you did a good job of holding the fort after that. Love watching your games - I always find it inspiring to see how hard you work to keep the puck out of the net!

3 hours ago, Fullright said:

Nice game, man. For a team missing players, they kept you really busy. Any worries about the player who crashed you?

Thanks @Fullright! It wast an 11-5 they actually carried the play the whole game and grossly outshot us. I wasn’t worried about the guy who crashed me.

2 hours ago, cwarnar said:

@Imperative what C/A do you wear?

I wear simmons 996

1 hour ago, Ghostender said:

Those are always tough to recover from but you did a good job of holding the fort after that. Love watching your games - I always find it inspiring to see how hard you work to keep the puck out of the net!

Thanks @Ghostender! I felt like I was holding the dam back all game, when that third goal went in off my own guy, 4th made a bad read and 5th I got sniped. It wa 8-5 and I felt like The dam had broken and I had to re pair it fast, haha. 

lastest game and I came one save short of a shut out :(. They had a deep bench but their forwards weren’t very interested in skating, haha, so not many shots and not a whole lot of quality chances. I played ok, but I always feel like I struggle when the pace is slower but that might just be me. 

11 hours ago, cwarnar said:

Some real swiss cheese defence by your guys... Gave up a lot of really good scoring chances.

I'll agree that you were fighting the puck at times, otherwise they had 4 at least that were off a bar and in... Nothing you can do about those!

Our opposition is one of our biggest 'rivalries" and they had probably their worst line up and we didn't take advantage of it. I felt like I hasn't played in a month going into the game and i never really settled in and was forcing it. I wasnt patient on my feet and i wasn't staying square to the puck when it was in sharp angle situations and it cost me goals. 

Curt's right...your D was awful. I don't think you played poorly. You made a lot of good stops. When you're scrambling trying to get into position when the play unfolds because of blown D coverage, kind of impossible to stay square and compact. File the game away and move onto the next one. Forget it.

28 minutes ago, Fullright said:

Curt's right...your D was awful. I don't think you played poorly. You made a lot of good stops. When you're scrambling trying to get into position when the play unfolds because of blown D coverage, kind of impossible to stay square and compact. File the game away and move onto the next one. Forget it.

Great point.  I got my first game in with my cam last night (hoping to have it edited and posted tomorrow) but I had a similar game. 

I am very much of the mentality that a win is a win. Sure I'd love to play unreal and stand on my head every game, but that's not gonna happen.  

Archived