#GoalieCrowd Stick Height Database

TheGoalNet

On 5/14/2023 at 11:29 AM, Dee said:

Hey fellas. Reviving this for a quick question. Couldn't find this elsewhere so here goes. 
I understand that bobrovsky shaved down his paddle.  Does anyone reliably know if he also shortened the length of the shaft? 

For myself, I tower at 5'9 and am thinking of going to an intermediate 23".  Seems to me like it would accomplish the same objective as Bob but without all this shaving down business.  I'm also notoriously "unreliable" with power tools in my hands...

thoughts?

You can always cut down the handle if you want. Get the paddle that feels right first and then worry about the shaft. The whole balance thing is a myth and you can cut as much as you want so it feels right for you.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 5/31/2023 at 3:04 PM, Pezon36 said:

6”0’ with a 25” Mach. Was curious about trying shorter and found a garret sparks stick at the Ontario reign sale on Sunday. Had a pretty interesting cut on the top of the paddle. With the cutout it’s closer to a 23”. I’ll be getting it on the ice this weekend to see how it plays

IMG_4586.jpeg

Nice! How did you find this cut out when using it?

6 minutes ago, creasecollector said:

Nice! How did you find this cut out when using it?

I like how much control you have with it. Big fan after two skates. The 2” shorter was really tough though. If it was at 25” it would be my main stick. Probably just gonna be a backup or pickup stick now. 

• Like 1

• 5 months later...