#GoalieCrowd Stick Height Database

I am 6'3" and currently I am using 26" Warrior Abyss sticks.  My last stick prior to that was a Warrior Swagger Kiprusoff which was 26".

I have in reserve two Warrior Swagger heel curve sticks that are 25" which I will see if I like or not.

The last team I played on the other goalie was probably 5'8" or 5'9" and used a 27" paddle on his sticks.  He was always trying to convince me that I needed a longer paddle on my sticks.

Edited by Ken35
Additional information
  • 10 months later...
  • Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

How tall are you and what size paddle do you use?  I am about 6'2" and use a 26". I used to 25" under the rationale that I had better control in the butterfly. They became hard to find and I

Exactly. Best part of the GSBB was just some of the random off-topic threads that would pop up where users were able to goof around and shitpost. There was tons of valuable information, but we don't a

OK – I will see @RichMan’s 2cents (so you at least get 4 cents out of this if nothing more). The place I would be concerned about this thread is a newbie trying to use the data here as a gauge for sti

Posted Images

1 hour ago, ThatCarGuy said:

Comparing my 26 warrior to a 26 ccm it’s no wonder you like the 25.5 ccm. They’re about .5” different!

I picked up a 26 CCM for funzies and just felt weird being tall but the 25 CCM I use to use kept my blocker lower than I wanted. 

7 hours ago, DL42 said:

double slant the shoulders if too large or add a small knob 1" above the paddle on the smaller end stick. 

Never thought about shaving the paddle down, wouldn’t that leave composite fibers exposed and weaken the integrity of the paddle? 

6 hours ago, Quadzilla32 said:

Never thought about shaving the paddle down, wouldn’t that leave composite fibers exposed and weaken the integrity of the paddle? 

no , its usually foam on a composite stick. I done it to my ccm eflex 4 stick. 

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Just was looking through this thread and noticed many large paddle lengths. For all you 27.5ers out there, I’m pretty sure bishop uses like a 25 or 26. I also see people talking about stances and how short sticks are for people with low stances. This is simply not true. Unless you play like you are in 1980 or before you make stick saves in your butterfly. Therefore stick size should be based off the butterfly so you have no 7 hole and good control of you stick during stick saves. Yes ideally your stick is on the ice in your stance but you don’t make stick saves in your stance is the bottom line. My friend plays triple A and is 5’10 using a 23 and is the best goalie I have ever seen with his stick. I am 5’5 and use a 23 only because 22s don’t really exist especially for full rights.

5 hours ago, A.YOUNGoalie13 said:

Just was looking through this thread and noticed many large paddle lengths. For all you 27.5ers out there, I’m pretty sure bishop uses like a 25 or 26. I also see people talking about stances and how short sticks are for people with low stances. This is simply not true. Unless you play like you are in 1980 or before you make stick saves in your butterfly. Therefore stick size should be based off the butterfly so you have no 7 hole and good control of you stick during stick saves. Yes ideally your stick is on the ice in your stance but you don’t make stick saves in your stance is the bottom line. My friend plays triple A and is 5’10 using a 23 and is the best goalie I have ever seen with his stick. I am 5’5 and use a 23 only because 22s don’t really exist especially for full rights.

The notion that you don’t make stick saves in your standing stance isn’t completely true, i.e. when you’re standing up on the post to intercept a pass, not exactly a save but still.

1 hour ago, southpawtendy48 said:

The notion that you don’t make stick saves in your standing stance isn’t completely true, i.e. when you’re standing up on the post to intercept a pass, not exactly a save but still.

You should be low when on the post anyway to the point where your stick is on the ice

10 hours ago, A.YOUNGoalie13 said:

dont get too caught up in the number ,  at the end of the day blocker hand needs to be in optimal position that is the correct position (somewhere equidistance bt ice and top of vertical angle),  this is based on how style of play.  the vertical angle changes if you are aggressive goalie vs one that sit in the crease or more passive, if the former, u need the hands lower to close up the hole,  if in the crease higher.  MAF is one that has a low hand position, 

The hand position dictates the correct stick which is combination paddle and lie, other factors most people don't talk about are:

Blade shape - rocker vs, flat,  toe and heel shape,  curve vs tilt, paddle shoulder shape (trigger grip, double shoulder,slant, square shoulder, and any other weird unknown ones)

ITS not just one factor.

some companies measure from the shaft paddle joins,  others measure from where the paddle is at 3" as the starting point - 2 varations are from the shaft  or the paddle  top or bottom area.

NHL rule book is probably along the shaft on the paddle to the heel.  starting at where it is 3" not including the shoulder if it is under 3".

I'm going to sleep,   but its having a rocker blade like majority of pros , just look in at pretty much any photos, if stick is longer the rocker will offset the height.