Tavares Injury

MTH

Saw that chaotic play where Tavares fell after being bumped and Corey Perry caught him with a knee to his head.

Any update on Tavares? 

Freak accident. Happened so quickly. This happens so often in hockey at lower levels. Guys fall, other players can't help but get tangled up with them. Just the fact that NHL guys skate WAY faster than the rest of us mortals made this pretty wicked.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Really thought the fight between Perry and Foligno afterwards was odd. I've read why both guys did it, but it still through me off seeing them scrap for an obvious freak paly.

Apparently Foligno said to Perry it would be better for them to drop the gloves and fight so that nobody would take any liberties on Perry and the game get silly.  I thought it was weird when it happened though as I don't think Perry meant to hurt Tavares even though Perry is dirty.

20 minutes ago, motowngoalie said:

That sequence of him trying to get up and then flopping back on the trainer was pretty terrifying. Glad to hear he's been released from the hospital.

It'll be interesting to see how the Leafs come back tomorrow. I'm hoping for a Habs series win because loleafs.

Agreed, yeah.  Seeing him noodley and collapsing was difficult to watch.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, seagoal said:

Perry and Tavares are apparently good friends in their personal lives and Corey said in the press conference after that the incident made him "sick to his stomach." He was very upset and legitimately concerned.

*puts on Pierre McGuire mask* didn't they play youth hockey together or something?

Saw the hit on TV live and it was pretty scary.  Thank goodness he's okay.

1 hour ago, motowngoalie said:

That sequence of him trying to get up and then flopping back on the trainer was pretty terrifying. Glad to hear he's been released from the hospital.

It'll be interesting to see how the Leafs come back tomorrow. I'm hoping for a Habs series win because loleafs.

Your post made my Price Fanboy (tm) radar go off.  He had a solid game, made his saves look easy.

That sprawling blocker save on Marner was huge

2 hours ago, Chenner29 said:

*puts on Pierre McGuire mask* didn't they play youth hockey together or something?

Your post made my Price Fanboy (tm) radar go off.  He had a solid game, made his saves look easy.

Ha, I like Price but I'm not much of a fanboy. I have lots of family and friends in Toronto/southern Ontario and I generally find Leafs fans to be insufferable. Most of them are great people otherwise, but their team fanaticism gets to me after a while. 

2 minutes ago, motowngoalie said:

Ha, I like Price but I'm not much of a fanboy. I have lots of family and friends in Toronto/southern Ontario and I generally find Leafs fans to be insufferable. Most of them are great people otherwise, but their team fanaticism gets to me after a while. 

I can't imagine why they're like that too. Their teams have been terrible for a while, they haven't won a series since 2004.

Shit, Buffalo has more success in that timeframe and they haven't been in a playoff series for 10 years.

No way anyone could fault Perry on that. The initial hit on Tavares was maybe a little unwarranted, but still Tavares would have been fine, if not for getting plowed by Perry, who had zero time to get out of the way. Yea, freak accident. Not good to see. Hope he fully recovers.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Chenner29 said:

If your going to channel your inner PM, then you have to go off on random tangents that have NO relevance to what is going on. For example: "Didn't they play youth hockey together? I remember back when Perry was in Pee-wee hockey, he had a ingrown toe nail that sidelined him for 4 weeks. And then that blocked shot that (crybaby) Crosby had on the first shot in the game is a total game saver regardless of what happened in the next 59minutes."

THAT is how you do McGuire. Personally, I hate the guy. Will turn off any game that he is working.

• Haha 2

To think that somehow Perry planned to hurt him is nuts.

The lame "fight" is part of why I have little interest in the NHL anymore. The players are just pretending to be 'old time hockey' players. So lame. It's like putting jeans, boots and a cowboy hat on because you're going to a cowboy bar. You ain't a cowboy.

The whole staged "fight" after an injury has so 

Fonz Jumps The Shark GIFs | Tenor

I'm in Philly - so when the Flyers are out of it (every year anymore?) I hope that I'll see the Leafs finally hoist the cup on color tv.

Remember When? Underdog Maple Leafs win Stanley Cup in 1967 - Sportsnet.ca

I don't know what will happen first, Canada gets the covid vaccine or the Leafs win the cup....

• Haha 2