Face material

wishEMT

I’m doing a re-skinning project on a set and am considering a Nash face vs a cordura face (yes, I grew up in old school Vaughn gear). Has anyone messed with these materials on a modern blocker? Would the aesthetics take too much away from the performance? I still want somewhat hot, controllable rebounds.

The biggest problem with Nash is that you would need to double up on it, meaning that the Nash that was on MacLean’s blocker was a fair bit thicker than what is now a palm material. 

I am proponent of alternate, non-smooth face materials to face blockers. I have had Nash-faced modern blockers and the pop with a well-spec’d foam make rebounds go straight into the corner. I have never had a Cordura faced blocker, but it seems like something I want to try!

F2749A8A-44FB-4D35-A938-1AF011601DCC.jpeg

D05A1A98-51CF-4607-8E70-BDD5DCFDBC29.jpeg

5F11BFFD-BF8F-4D81-A12E-650DF4C5968A.jpeg

I had a set of cordura faced pads some years ago.  Red CM7 miller 32" pads. Deadest rebounds ever. There might be a picture of them in the classic gear thread. Actually knee rolls and outside rolls were white leather and everything else was the red material.  They weighed a ton.