MTH's Review of the Show 'Shorsey'

MTH

I get through all 6 episodes over the past few days.

Real review (yeah it's been out for a while already - f off):

• The commercials on Hulu are brutal
  • The scenes between the 2 minute commercial breaks are all online. I watched clips from Shorsey on YouTube when it first came out. It was basically whole episodes.
  • The hockey is amazing.
  • Goalies that are actual goalies and not some fat actor with his pads on the wrong legs.
  • Shorsey is a reboot of Slapshot with the team folding. The team captain/coach has a relationship with the beat writer...etc.
  • The owners of both the Sudbury team and the rest of the league are funny. They were annoying at first, but are Letterkenny type characters.
  • No backstory. There is a picture on the owners wall of Shorsey with her and her deceased mom. I presume there's more to just him playing with them.
  • The secondary characters are Seinfield level quality. Again, this is where Letterkenny kills it too.
  • The episode where they went for his orphan youth stuff was lame. Sorry, it was.
  • I know he's saying 'yeah so' but it's odd and becomes annoying.
  • Do you guys really call the ice cream cones "sticks"? 
  • The Jims are a Hanson Brothers type story. But it's cool to see new take on it.
  • Sanguinet is great. When they showed the pool flashback scene, I lost it.
  • Season 2 will be awesome. I hope they pickup with the start of the playoffs.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MTH said:

I get through all 6 episodes over the past few days.

Real review (yeah it's been out for a while already - f off):

• Do you guys really call the ice cream cones "sticks"? 

Drum Stick, not any ice cream cone! Drum Stick  aka  Stick

I don't personally call them that, but it fits in the show and that's where they get stick from.

?u=https%3A%2F%2Ftse1.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3Fid%3DOIP.tRPSqqCyr1zlPejK2Jq1kAHaHa%26pid%3DApi&f=1

• Like 1

Him ripping on them about flying all the time and being regular jet setters was funny.

Hitch is great. His cadence and quips are top notch. Pretty cool he's former NHL.

Been Called Worse Ted Hitchcock GIF - Been Called Worse Ted Hitchcock  Shoresy - Discover & Share GIFs

Plus - killer mullet with lines shaved in. So rad.

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, MTH said:

Trying to get my 16 year old son to watch this. He's kinda bored. I told him other kids you play with will be quoting this show - you need to learn this.

The show hits so well after having experienced high school, junior and senior hockey. Maybe it just isn't quite as relatable at that age yet. 

• Like 1