Pad Flex Test

TheGoalNet

1 hour ago, itis121 said:

Is the fourth one SLR's? I found the thigh rise a lot more softer than than. Note I tried this on a demo set tho. 

Yes, those were the most surprising to me. I thought they were a softer pad. That’s one pad I want to double check again In the future 

42 minutes ago, TheGoalNet said:

Yes, those were the most surprising to me. I thought they were a softer pad. That’s one pad I want to double check again In the future 

This quote has been the biggest surprise to me about the SLR line and I've seen quite a few people parroting the same notion as well.

Ventus is a very stiff pad, no Supreme line, but still very very rigid. I have no idea why people thought otherwise.

2 hours ago, coopaloop1234 said:

This quote has been the biggest surprise to me about the SLR line and I've seen quite a few people parroting the same notion as well.

Ventus is a very stiff pad, no Supreme line, but still very very rigid. I have no idea why people thought otherwise.

Because stiff is not stiff between brands. All CCM and Bauer pads are stiff in all directions. Vaughn and Brian's are in the middle. Warrior is the softest. A stiff Vaughn and a stiff CCM are different stiffness's. I think an EF3 might be the same as SLR or Optik FLY and that is CCM's flexible offering. 

2 minutes ago, TheGoalNet said:

Because stiff is not stiff between brands. All CCM and Bauer pads are stiff in all directions. Vaughn and Brian's are in the middle. Warrior is the softest. A stiff Vaughn and a stiff CCM are different stiffness's. I think an EF3 might be the same as SLR or Optik FLY and that is CCM's flexible offering. 

I mean, you're right, but I've seen a few people say in reviews as well as on forums that the SLR is a "softer" pad. But I guess that's the same as calling the 1X a "softer" pad as well.

In person, they we're still close to the Ventus lines of the past, aside from a slightly softer boot. I wasn't surprised to see the results of the flex test above.

The Brian's you tested above, FLX or FLY?

23 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

I mean, you're right, but I've seen a few people say in reviews as well as on forums that the SLR is a "softer" pad. But I guess that's the same as calling the 1X a "softer" pad as well.

In person, they we're still close to the Ventus lines of the past, aside from a slightly softer boot. I wasn't surprised to see the results of the flex test above.

The Brian's you tested above, FLX or FLY?

FLX - I have tested my pads at home and they are noticeably stiffer. Not quite CCM stiff, but a different pad for sure. I will add pics. 

It is very difficult because of new releases, custom options, disposable time, etc etc, but I would love to build databases with this type of information that could be a major resource to the goalie consumer. 

That way there is no confusion between, yours, mine, or @bunnyman666 's definition of stiff. 

39 minutes ago, TheGoalNet said:

FLX - I have tested my pads at home and they are noticeably stiffer. Not quite CCM stiff, but a different pad for sure. I will add pics. 

It is very difficult because of new releases, custom options, disposable time, etc etc, but I would love to build databases with this type of information that could be a major resource to the goalie consumer. 

That way there is no confusion between, yours, mine, or @bunnyman666 's definition of stiff. 

I like baby bear stuff: Just right!

??

42 minutes ago, keeperton said:

Oh, I got that. I meant it look like you placed a tiny pad in your lap and held it with your legs.

Kind of one of those, "how did I mis-see it that way?" things.

It’s a valuable test to show the construction of the core. However, it’s hard to show and take a pic at the same time! 

Ideally, I’d used my hands and someone one else would take the pic

On 15/02/2018 at 8:48 AM, TheGoalNet said:

Does anyone own SLR Pro Carbon and want to do this? @Mroy31 - Do you still have the sample pads? Someone sent pics of their SLRs and they looked like marshmallows. I am convinced they are the Pro without the Carbon. 

Unfortunately I gave them back a couple weeks ago. I remember the typical knee flex being pretty easy for a "stiff" pad, and there wasn't really any branding to suggest pro carbon except the magnetic buckle on the RRC. So I'm actually not all that sure they were even pro carbons.  

Archived