JRZ Ceasing goalie gear production

insertnamehere

2 hours ago, ilyazhito said:

I agree. I wonder what current JRZ users will look for when it comes time to replace their gear. There are also the big boys, but I'm not sure how the modern Kenesky or McKenney pads compare to JRZ. 

The closest pad in my opinion to the Fusions I'm currently using would be a Brian's Optik. 

Definitely unfortunate. I took a chance on a "used" but basically brand new set of Fusion pads and love them! I was looking to save some money and get a matching set of gloves but I guess that won't work haha. Hopefully they eventually come back to the goalie business. 

On 12/18/2022 at 7:07 AM, ilyazhito said:

I agree. I wonder what current JRZ users will look for when it comes time to replace their gear. There are also the big boys, but I'm not sure how the modern Kenesky or McKenney pads compare to JRZ. 

I used fuzion 1 and fuzion 2 and my next custom gear would be brians again... nothing is better than primo for sliding. not even bauer 

7 hours ago, Yzueblin said:

I used fuzion 1 and fuzion 2 and my next custom gear would be brians again... nothing is better than primo for sliding. not even bauer 

I get that. I love the hard rebounds Bauer gives, and I'm curious if other small manufacturers have something similar.

I hate having pucks (or balls) die just out of reach. The big boy rebounds go like this, from softest to hardest (True 12.2, CCM EFlex, Vaughn Velocity, Vaughn Ventus, Brian's GNetik, Warrior G6, True L20.2, CCM Axis 2, Brian's Optik, Bauer Vapour/Supreme).

If JRZ was still around, I would expect their pads to be comparable to Brian's Optik, maybe Bauer Vapour when it comes to rebounds. Now that they're gone, I don't know who among the smaller manufacturers makes a good hard pad.