Different peg options

Znowleopard

1 hour ago, bunnyman666 said:

I was warned that the rink I play mostly in would steal, er, um confiscate any pegs I would bring in. We have a prickly relationship with some senior members of the staff who, in some cases, have power *just* short of a park ranger. 

I  put them in and take them out when I leave. If anyone ever said something, I wouldn't take em back. I am not sure how they could be confiscated? 

15 minutes ago, TheGoalNet said:

I  put them in and take them out when I leave. If anyone ever said something, I wouldn't take em back. I am not sure how they could be confiscated? 

This employee also tries to confiscate the 101 class puck bucket, as well. 

I may get some and risk it if I can ever get back on the damned ice, that is...

2 hours ago, TheGoalNet said:

To be fair, I think it would depend on the circumstances: I know the Zamboni guys on a casual basis at the two main rinks I play – mainly from talking to them a bit as I wait to put the net back against the boards after they do the perimeter lap). I suspect if they noticed I had those pegs in they would probably just ask to please remove them and explain it is because of liability issues. I would do it because I don’t want to jeopardize the ice time (At least around here you are not guaranteed the ice slot you had last year. We have been told our Sunday night ice time is somewhat coveted by the local “Hockey 101” league and at the beginning of any season the rink could at their discretion say, sorry “we know you have had this ice for 20 years, but there ain’t gonna be a 21st”).*

But if the Z-man doesn’t know you, or knows you let’s say too well he may ask for them ‘til the end of the session. I’ve never really had any issues with them being dicks – now admin, that can be a different beast...

* The only reason we got our Wednesday night ice time is because the organizer promised to keep it co-ed. If we lose that status, we will lose that slot (probably again to Hockey 101)

@Joe Messina Can you speak to how easily the Piranha Pegs dislodge when crashed into or if the youth hockey players bones would break before the post moves? I spoke to management at my local rink and they are willing to give them a go IF I can provide some sort of reassurance that they will not be the cause of future lawsuits at the JuniorB/C and youth levels.

31 minutes ago, old but slow said:

@Joe Messina Can you speak to how easily the Piranha Pegs dislodge when crashed into or if the youth hockey players bones would break before the post moves? I spoke to management at my local rink and they are willing to give them a go IF I can provide some sort of reassurance that they will not be the cause of future lawsuits at the JuniorB/C and youth levels.

Thank you for your concern. We have a handful of videos you can watch that show the net dislodging on minor and major impacts. Our pegs are actually used by several jr and even an entire college league so we have a ton of video showing different kinds of impact. Being that the peg is designed shorter than a standard net peg, it can dislodges quicker on major impacts. Hope this helps. Also check out our F.A.Q page that has a ton more video and information at: http://www.piranhapeg.com/faq 

Archived