Stick Weight & Balance Thread

TheGoalNet

Here’s the Sher-Wood BPM150

Weight is Pre-Tape and was 696G or 1.53lbs for a 26” paddle 

This is the second lightest stick on the market 

Balance looks similar to Bauer, but was harder to get it to balance. It feels nice, but not as balanced as the 1S 

C73714BE-A694-40A1-9114-950DE3FFEF66.jpeg

E8966ECE-F94B-458C-AE91-6C110A7585E6.jpeg

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, FDB#12 said:

my True A6.0SBP Hair Trigger is listed at 670g, tomorrow check.

I use a 26” PC2, It’s very well balanced and sometimes I forget I have it in my hands! ?

Correct, but that is a 2018 release. Everything listed so far is a 2016 or 2017 model. I know someone with a True. Said the weight and curve is nice. Unfortunately, he found it stiff when playing the puck - Have you found that issue? Have you used any other composites?

10 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

No NXG or CR1 on here? This isn't the staple TGN comprehensive.

If I posted it all once, you wouldnt need to come back tomorrow... and everyone should post their own stuff too. NXG came out in 2014 and would still be the lightest stick in the store

2 minutes ago, TheGoalNet said:

If I posted it all once, you wouldnt need to come back tomorrow... and everyone should post their own stuff too. NXG came out in 2014 and would still be the lightest stick in the store

You know I just want you to give it up immediately. I ain't about that wining and dining bb.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, coopaloop1234 said:

@TheGoalNet That's more in line for what I expect from you.

You've got some high standards to keep up to. I hope you're ready to be doing this every, single, year, for the next 40.

:P

This might sound weird. I'd actually love to figure out my perfect head to toe and then go all TUUKKA on everyone and never change anything! 

35 minutes ago, TheGoalNet said:

This might sound weird. I'd actually love to figure out my perfect head to toe and then go all TUUKKA on everyone and never change anything! 

lol doubt that. You got a CR1 just because a bunch of the guys in the show made the switch. You're a little too much of a gear nut to just stick to the ol' tried and true.

Especially considering the position you're in the try out free demo sets for 'unreleased' gear. ;)

13 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

lol doubt that. You got a CR1 just because a bunch of the guys in the show made the switch. You're a little too much of a gear nut to just stick to the ol' tried and true.

Especially considering the position you're in the try out free demo sets for 'unreleased' gear. ;)

You don't quit have that correct. 

I bought a stick because I felt compelled to review it because a lot of pros are using them and I don't see a ton of content around them. I didn't need it but I am realistic that it's better exposure for the site than the Sher-Wood. @Kirk3190 has also been a great supporter and I wanted to reciprocate his commitment to here. I also buy a lot of the gear that I review. Testing the new stuff is fun, don't get me wrong. I am starting to appreciate the mentality of finding what works and sticking to it. I fully get why pros don't change specs too often. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TheGoalNet said:

You don't quit have that correct. 

I bought a stick because I felt compelled to review it because a lot of pros are using them and I don't see a ton of content around them. I didn't need it but I am realistic that it's better exposure for the site than the Sher-Wood. @Kirk3190 has also been a great supporter and I wanted to reciprocate his commitment to here. I also buy a lot of the gear that I review. Testing the new stuff is fun, don't get me wrong. I am starting to appreciate the mentality of finding what works and sticking to it. I fully get why pros don't change specs too often. 

Ah, I'm just busting your balls here. You've been pretty transparent in regards to reviews, gear acquisition and your role as the head honcho here. 

I get it too. I think I'm still trying to work on that as well. I know that I won't be straying far from Warrior gloves, leg pads I think I'm still deciding on. Still not sure if I want to go stiffer or revert back to a Velocity.

12 minutes ago, TheGoalNet said:

...Testing the new stuff is fun, don't get me wrong. I am starting to appreciate the mentality of finding what works and sticking to it. I fully get why pros don't change specs too often. 

I hear that.  Now that my turn is quickly approaching to have my Protechsport mask built I am second guessing myself.  I am not the type or person that likes to have to choose between something.  I like to find what I like and stick with it.  I have a perfectly good Pro's Choice mask that matches all of my gear.  What do I need another mask for?  What occasion would make me choose between the new mask and the old mask?  If I got a new set of gear I could get it to match my team and I could use the Protechsport with that gear and my PC with my current gear.  Problem is I only play for one team so I have no need to have two different colored sets.  How can I call myself SaveByRichter and not have my Richter set?  Nor would my wife even tolerate me having 2 sets of gear lol.  She's been so happy that I sold most of my extra gear lately.  She'd Probably castrate me if I got new gear and said I don't plan on selling the old stuff haha.

edit - Dammit I sound like such a little bitch:facepalm:

11 minutes ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

I hear that.  Now that my turn is quickly approaching to have my Protechsport mask built I am second guessing myself.  I am not the type or person that likes to have to choose between something.  I like to find what I like and stick with it.  I have a perfectly good Pro's Choice mask that matches all of my gear.  What do I need another mask for?  What occasion would make me choose between the new mask and the old mask?  If I got a new set of gear I could get it to match my team and I could use the Protechsport with that gear and my PC with my current gear.  Problem is I only play for one team so I have no need to have two different colored sets.  How can I call myself SaveByRichter and not have my Richter set?  Nor would my wife even tolerate me having 2 sets of gear lol.  She's been so happy that I sold most of my extra gear lately.  She'd Probably castrate me if I got new gear and said I don't plan on selling the old stuff haha.

edit - Dammit I sound like such a little bitch:facepalm:

It's alright, I'm fairly certain Girlfriends/Wives have this hatred for old gear just implanted into them at birth.

What do you mean I need to get rid of my old set I'm totally keeping around just in case I want to switch it up just so we'll have more storage room for your stuff?

49 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Ah, I'm just busting your balls here. You've been pretty transparent in regards to reviews, gear acquisition and your role as the head honcho here. 

I get it too. I think I'm still trying to work on that as well. I know that I won't be straying far from Warrior gloves, leg pads I think I'm still deciding on. Still not sure if I want to go stiffer or revert back to a Velocity.

I know! I am not mad. Just a topic I am always sensitive about though! 

• 1 month later...
54 minutes ago, TheGoalNet said:

Fazio 2S Pro 

Balance is way better than 1S. This sits effortlessly on the scale 

It's ridiculous how light the stick feels, but one good slapper to the right spot and it will disintegrate. 

THe S27 felt nice as well, not as light but looked good.

Edited by mr_shifty1982

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...