Binding or no binding?

southpawtendy48

7 hours ago, Naz said:

I prefer the look of the binding, it frames the blocker nicely especially when in a contrasting colour.  Then again, I am an old fart who likes the traditional look.

Nah, I loved my pro v elite which has binding, except it was an intermediate blocker and I needed a senior one ASAP lol 

Also, since you guys have brought this thread back to life, I thought it would be only fitting to post the blocker I got and also give you a quick review of it as well

So, I’ve had this blocker for a few weeks now and is nothing short of amazing but here are my pros and cons, starting with cons

Cons:

1. it’s a little heavier than I expected, even with me holding my bpm150 which is the 2nd lightest stick on the market and has put a little stress on my wrist and shoulder, but nothing I can’t handle

2. I know a lot of blockers don’t have this, but especially when going paddle down the outside of my hand was exposed, getting one of my worst stingers ever. It was okay the rest of practice but when I got off the ice it hurt even more. With that said there isn’t much protection there. I know you rarely get hit in that spot but I’m nitpicky about it

3. Whenever I happen to drop my stick, I find it a bit difficult to pick it back up again than I did with my previous blockers

Pros:

1. the blocking ability is incredible, although I’ve had some awkward bounces with it, (mostly my fault) it still shoots the puck out no matter where it hits it.

2. As you can see, I asked for no forefinger protector like the stock LT98 has and most of the newer blockers have, and the finger protection is still great, I find there’s no need for it and helps with pokechecking and it doesn’t disappoint.

3. Insanely comfortable, and the amount of control I get while holding my stick is amazing, even when there are times where I don’t have a tight grip on it, it might nudge out of my grip but won’t completely fly out.

overall: yes, there are equal amounts of cons as there are pros, but the cons don’t outweigh the pros I gave it. It plays as advertised and I got exactly what I asked for and I’m not disappointed. Best blocker I’ve used so far.

if you have any questions go for it! 

0CCDF1CF-0C74-4691-9DAD-DA9286A31600.jpeg

64C60580-108F-42C1-A6CE-FC1EC3157FFB.jpeg

25CF2B6A-445A-4D6B-8DC5-9BC89C80B992.jpeg

A5C74224-D9AD-4689-B373-B5A9E4409133.jpeg

6 hours ago, southpawtendy48 said:

Also, since you guys have brought this thread back to life, I thought it would be only fitting to post the blocker I got and also give you a quick review of it as well

So, I’ve had this blocker for a few weeks now and is nothing short of amazing but here are my pros and cons, starting with cons

Cons:

1. it’s a little heavier than I expected, even with me holding my bpm150 which is the 2nd lightest stick on the market and has put a little stress on my wrist and shoulder, but nothing I can’t handle

2. I know a lot of blockers don’t have this, but especially when going paddle down the outside of my hand was exposed, getting one of my worst stingers ever. It was okay the rest of practice but when I got off the ice it hurt even more. With that said there isn’t much protection there. I know you rarely get hit in that spot but I’m nitpicky about it

3. Whenever I happen to drop my stick, I find it a bit difficult to pick it back up again than I did with my previous blockers

Pros:

1. the blocking ability is incredible, although I’ve had some awkward bounces with it, (mostly my fault) it still shoots the puck out no matter where it hits it.

2. As you can see, I asked for no forefinger protector like the stock LT98 has and most of the newer blockers have, and the finger protection is still great, I find there’s no need for it and helps with pokechecking and it doesn’t disappoint.

3. Insanely comfortable, and the amount of control I get while holding my stick is amazing, even when there are times where I don’t have a tight grip on it, it might nudge out of my grip but won’t completely fly out.

overall: yes, there are equal amounts of cons as there are pros, but the cons don’t outweigh the pros I gave it. It plays as advertised and I got exactly what I asked for and I’m not disappointed. Best blocker I’ve used so far.

if you have any questions go for it! 

0CCDF1CF-0C74-4691-9DAD-DA9286A31600.jpeg

64C60580-108F-42C1-A6CE-FC1EC3157FFB.jpeg

25CF2B6A-445A-4D6B-8DC5-9BC89C80B992.jpeg

A5C74224-D9AD-4689-B373-B5A9E4409133.jpeg

Having owned a previous generation of this blocker, Con number three will ease up as it breaks in, so your pros will be more numerous sooner than later. I really enjoyed Vaughn’s blockers; I say it is one of their underrated items!  I would have Vaughn whip one of these up with a Nash face (ala McLean), but I understand that it would cost a mint these days!

I love the colourway of your blocker.

5 hours ago, bunnyman666 said:

Having owned a previous generation of this blocker, Con number three will ease up as it breaks in, so your pros will be more numerous sooner than later. I really enjoyed Vaughn’s blockers; I say it is one of their underrated items!  I would have Vaughn whip one of these up with a Nash face (ala McLean), but I understand that it would cost a mint these days!

I love the colourway of your blocker.

Yeah it’s been getting easier and easier to pick up my stick so that’s probably why. 

and thanks! A lot of people will say it’s too simple but I tried to put the little details in there too with the colorways

Also, what are the benefits of a Nash face blocker or is it just preference? I might include it in my future setup

21 minutes ago, southpawtendy48 said:

Yeah it’s been getting easier and easier to pick up my stick so that’s probably why. 

and thanks! A lot of people will say it’s too simple but I tried to put the little details in there too with the colorways

Also, what are the benefits of a Nash face blocker or is it just preference? I might include it in my future setup

Nash “supposedly” makes rebounds slightly less predictable when done as a blocker face, but most do it for cosmetics.

Archived