Adam Cooper

New Bauer Vertexx LS 5G Carbon Blades

I’m pumped to try out these brand new Bauer Vertexx LS 5G Carbon Blades. Thanks to the guys at Dukes Sports for the recommendation. I expect to get these on the ice next week. I’m told they hold their edge longer, look really cool and you can’t use a stone on them. 

CF7AB0F4-34BB-476D-862E-FA84FBB3DF90.jpeg

7A162D5C-DEBC-4193-9F98-73A969820D15.jpeg

8 hours ago, Adam Cooper said:

I’m pumped to try out these brand new Bauer Vertexx LS 5G Carbon Blades. Thanks to the guys at Dukes Sports for the recommendation. I expect to get these on the ice next week. I’m told they hold their edge longer, look really cool and you can’t use a stone on them. 

CF7AB0F4-34BB-476D-862E-FA84FBB3DF90.jpeg

7A162D5C-DEBC-4193-9F98-73A969820D15.jpeg

Interested to hear how they are. I’ve got about 20 skates in on my Vapors with the LS3G blades and I’m not impressed with the steel. The rest of the boot is awesome though!

I’ve had them since November; big fan 

Make sure to tell the sharpening guy not to stone them! That’s the only issue I’ve had 

• Thanks 1

I find with the 3G blades I get some skipping when I shuffle and I don’t find the glide in a T-push isn’t all that great. I’ve been debating between Tydan and the LS5G. Any other advice or recommendations?

1 hour ago, Matt35 said:

I find with the 3G blades I get some skipping when I shuffle and I don’t find the glide in a T-push isn’t all that great. I’ve been debating between Tydan and the LS5G. Any other advice or recommendations?

Step steel and per bunnyman you can get a 4mm fat blade for the Bauer skates as well!

Do these blades come with the skates when you purchase them or aftermarket from Bauer? 

3 hours ago, Matt35 said:

May want to adjust your ROH down a tad,

1 hour ago, Big2 said:

Step steel and per bunnyman you can get a 4mm fat blade for the Bauer skates as well!

Do these blades come with the skates when you purchase them or aftermarket from Bauer? 

LS5G comes with the 2S pro skate stock.  Any other boots will need you to purchase the steel separately.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Big2 said:

Yes, the 3G came stock with the skate, disappointing compared to the rest of the skate. 

• Like 1