2019 Kenesky Gear: In Progress, First Impressions, Review

Chenner29

• 1 month later...
On 2/17/2019 at 12:55 PM, Chenner29 said:

It’s for the toe tie system. If you look on the left toe of the pad, there is a small hole there where the shock cord starts. It loops around the skate, through the D ring at the other side and then clips up near the boot break. 

@Chenner29 How are you running the shock cord through your skate?  My set that I've skated all of 2 times seems to get hung up on the top of my skate after a couple of butterflys both ways I've ran it.  So far I've tried looping it through the front of the holder and the 2nd time just straight through the front.  Just curious since I only get to skate 1 to 2 times a week if you had the same issue.  Still working through fine tuning the strapping on the legs since I'm new to the professor strap as well.

On 12/3/2019 at 1:49 PM, Crazygoalie30 said:

@Chenner29 How are you running the shock cord through your skate?  My set that I've skated all of 2 times seems to get hung up on the top of my skate after a couple of butterflys both ways I've ran it.  So far I've tried looping it through the front of the holder and the 2nd time just straight through the front.  Just curious since I only get to skate 1 to 2 times a week if you had the same issue.  Still working through fine tuning the strapping on the legs since I'm new to the professor strap as well.

Can you provide a shot of the issue?  I'm having trouble picturing it.  It sounds to me like there is a little too much play with the shock cord.

Not using this gear anymore, but when I was, I would pull the shock cord firmly out to stretch it a bit, and snug my skate up close to where the hole is punched for the cord to run through.  I'd thread it through the first hole on my holders, loop it around the front and circle back under the skate.  Through the ring, then clip to attach.

3 hours ago, estogoalie said:

What is the Kenesky trapper based on? Is it Wilcox's TPS trapper?

Mine is most similar to a Vaughn 5500.  Some others who have handled it have said it's similar to a Theodore spec 5500.

He also has a 590, 600, and a few of Wilcox's TPS models available.

On 12/3/2019 at 4:49 PM, Crazygoalie30 said:

Try crossing the cord before you run it through your skate. Between the toe bridge and the toe of the skate.  That should help this issue.

16 hours ago, Hockey37 said:

Try crossing the cord before you run it through your skate. Between the toe bridge and the toe of the skate.  That should help this issue.

This is how I run my Pro Laces as well.  Never had a problem from day 1.  Hard to tell in the picture but the ties are actually criss crossed right at the toe.
image2 (1).jpeg

On 12/5/2019 at 2:22 AM, Chenner29 said:

Mine is most similar to a Vaughn 5500.  Some others who have handled it have said it's similar to a Theodore spec 5500.

He also has a 590, 600, and a few of Wilcox's TPS models available.

Ok, thanks. How much does the trapper cost (roughly), in US$?

Archived