Larceny Glove - Vaughn Replacement

SuperSieve1

Ordered pads and a blocker (pictured) a while ago now (still have a little over 3 weeks of waiting on the blocker and a month on pads😔). 

I currently use a Larceny glove. The plan was to stick with it, but I am considering just buying a new glove to match my set.

I havent been able to try on either VE8 glove or the SLR 2. 

Can anyone tell me if any of those would be similar to my Larceny? Hoping to get somewhere to try them on soon.

Also contemplating just pulling the trigger on a 5500.

Thanks!

PADS.JPG

BLOCK.JPG

Assuming your Revoke is a 590 break the 2 piece cuff VE8 glove is the closest that I have tried on from Vaughn that felt the same. The one piece felt okay but it wasn't quite as close as the 2 piece. Honestly if you like the Revoke I'd just get any of the newer CCM gloves as they are the same as they have always been feel wise only with updated palm tech and some strapping that makes them fit better. And you can order those in whatever break matches your revoke.

Thanks for the reply.

I admit I am not super familiar with the CCM breaks, but judging off of what I've seen, I thought the 2-piece VE8 looked pretty close. I'll have to post a pic of my Revoke later.

I think I would lean toward the 2 piece cuff because that is what I am familiar with, but I'd like to try on the one piece to compare.

I thought about sticking with CCM, but if it's only a small adjustment I'd like to match my set. I do want to try the gloves on, though, as my last Vaughn glove was the V3 and I really didn't care for it after using it for about 3 years. I felt the palm "bubbled out" in a way and I had a lot of pucks popping out. 

The only Vaughn glove I've ever felt any bit comfortable with on ice is the 5500 but I had to use a much different hand position than a 590 Reebok/CCM and I never felt I could shoot with it. I would do your best to get into a retailer that has the VE8 gloves in stock as they do feel different depending on the cuff but I could've talked myself into the 2 piece as far as how it felt in my hand.

35 minutes ago, SuperSieve1 said:

I think I would lean toward the 2 piece cuff because that is what I am familiar with, but I'd like to try on the one piece to compare.

What is about the 2 piece, beyond familiarity, that you would want to stick with it?  Just curious.  I find the descriptions of 2 vs. 1 piece gloves to be endlessly fascinating, if not outright mythological.

I wish I could help steer you.  I am very familiar with most Vaughn gloves but have never had a Revoke glove on my hand before.

3 minutes ago, seagoal said:

What is about the 2 piece, beyond familiarity, that you would want to stick with it?  Just curious.  I find the descriptions of 2 vs. 1 piece gloves to be endlessly fascinating, if not outright mythological.

I wish I could help steer you.  I am very familiar with most Vaughn gloves but have never had a Revoke glove on my hand before.

I think I'm just a creature of habit and that's what I know I like.

I wouldn't say I would never choose the one piece, but I really do not like change when it comes to my gear (as evidenced by the fact that I am moving to VE8s from V3s). I also still wear the same Vaughn Legacy pants I've had for an eternity (but will soon be replaced because they're also falling apart, sadly).

19 minutes ago, SuperSieve1 said:

I think I'm just a creature of habit and that's what I know I like.

I wouldn't say I would never choose the one piece, but I really do not like change when it comes to my gear (as evidenced by the fact that I am moving to VE8s from V3s). I also still wear the same Vaughn Legacy pants I've had for an eternity (but will soon be replaced because they're also falling apart, sadly).

Fair enough.  I can totally relate to that.  I did make the switch from a 2 piece to a 1 piece a couple of years ago and at this point I don't think I'd ever go back.  I was a lifelong 5500 user and came across a 2200 in the colors I wanted and took a chance.  I instantly fell in love with both the feel of that glove and the cuff itself, in part simply due to aesthetics.

I'm very thankful you didn't mention and thing about flexibility or wrist mobility related to the cuff....which makes no sense whatsoever but is commonly stated as differences between a 1 and 2 piece. 

There's something to be said about rigidity upon impact from pucks being different, for sure. 

I'm digging your color scheme, it's looking great.  Took me a while to come around to this graphic but I eventually did and I love my set.

5 hours ago, seagoal said:

I'm digging your color scheme, it's looking great.  Took me a while to come around to this graphic but I eventually did and I love my set.

I agree. I honestly didn't like it at all until I saw it in person and then I really started to love it.

Also, update: I had scrambled brains from work and I realized I said Revoke and not LARCENY.

So, I am looking to find a comp in Vaughn to my LARCENY glove. Not sure I can update the thread title...

I feel shame...

Image result for 2 minutes you feel shame

2 minutes ago, SuperSieve1 said:

I agree. I honestly didn't like it at all until I saw it in person and then I really started to love it.

Also, update: I had scrambled brains from work and I realized I said Revoke and not LARCENY.

So, I am looking to find a comp in Vaughn to my LARCENY glove. Not sure I can update the thread title...

I feel shame...

Image result for 2 minutes you feel shame

You can.

Scroll up to the first post and edit it.  You can change the headline.

15 hours ago, seagoal said:

There's something to be said about rigidity upon impact from pucks being different, for sure.

This is a reason why I’m giving the one piece serious consideration. Seems like the rigidity of the one piece would be an improvement. 

I just wish Vaughn didn’t change the graphic for the one piece.

17 minutes ago, wox33 said:

If you've never done 1-piece before I'd give it a shot. I can play with either but 1-piece feels way more connected and I seem to get more predictable rebounds off the cuff

Maybe that's where I'll end up. I'm already rocking my world with the switch from V3s with a tight leg channel to V8s with the SLR2 leg channel and strapping. 

Why not switch up the cuff too!

Just now, SuperSieve1 said:

Maybe that's where I'll end up. I'm already rocking my world with the switch from V3s with a tight leg channel to V8s with the SLR2 leg channel and strapping. 

Why not switch up the cuff too!

Haha go big or go home right. Might as well switch to cowling-less skates too if you haven't already. But really glove cuffs is one of the least noticeable changes that I've dealt with. I'd say that SLR strapping will be the biggest adjustment for you but once you get used to it elastic/velcro is so much better than leather straps.

22 minutes ago, wox33 said:

Haha go big or go home right. Might as well switch to cowling-less skates too if you haven't already. But really glove cuffs is one of the least noticeable changes that I've dealt with. I'd say that SLR strapping will be the biggest adjustment for you but once you get used to it elastic/velcro is so much better than leather straps.

I think the strapping will be a bit different, but feel fairly confident it won't be too bad. I really only rely on the top calf strap and knee velcro on my V3s. I also thought the pad rotated wayyy better with the SLR2 strapping than with the VE8 strapping.

I think the biggest adjustment for me will be how stiff the pads are. Even though its the velocity line, the V8s are way stiffer than my V3s were when I first got them and now they're obviously not stiff at all after years of abuse haha. Plus they'll have Quick Slide. 

Can't wait. One more month to go.

I went from a one piece cuff back to a 2 piece for my VE8 Pro Carbon glove, but not due to anything with the cuff.  The break is different on the VE8 vs the VE8 XP (one piece) and I liked the VE8 break better.  I personally doubt I'll ever worry about 1 vs 2 piece cuff again after going back and forth.  It really doesn't make much of a difference compared to things like the break or how the glove fits on your hand. 

Archived