Jump to content

Warrior Ritual GT2 Pro Custom - First Impressions and Review


ZeroGravitas
 Share

Recommended Posts

Yep, coppa is right on about the strap I am talking about. Could you angle the right part of the strap more up towards your knuckles? Bringing the left part of the strap pretty flush with the bottom edge of the right? Would that give your hand more keeping it alittle more secure. The way it looks is that’s it’s a little loose

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, coopaloop1234 said:

The new "360 active drop" system they have in place on the G4's and GT2's is more to blame. Because the calf wrap lost a lot of the rigidity that was apparent in the G3/GT1, there is a lot more play in the channel than there was previously. Especially when guys strap down to the calf.

I currently strap down to the calf on my GT1's but I'll be trying out behind the knee initially to see how it plays.

Not sure if you already have adjusted it or not, but keep in mind the Calf Wrap is adjustable on G4/GT2 now compared to GT1.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...

Not sure if this is the right place to post but I've been having a problem with forward tilt/under rotation in my RGT2s. The root of the problem seems to be that when I drop in my butterfly, my knees drop into the space between the landing gear and the back of the pad face, forcing the pads forward slightly forward. I've tried loosening everything up to the point that it's almost falling off the front of my leg when standing and it's still happening. (I have it strapped to my calf and just have bungee toe ties, no boot strap, and wearing bauer vapor 1x knee pads).

One thing I noticed is that even when I lay the pads flat they have a little forward tilt (though it's more exaggerated with I'm in them). This could be just from me dropping on them in the wrong place over and over again, but I'm starting to worry that the damage may be done.

The only idea I have left is to try strapping to the knee so I can strap even looser without it basically hanging off my leg, so any advice or other ideas would be greatly appreciated!
 

20220102_004217.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, DK00 said:

Not sure if this is the right place to post but I've been having a problem with forward tilt/under rotation in my RGT2s. The root of the problem seems to be that when I drop in my butterfly, my knees drop into the space between the landing gear and the back of the pad face, forcing the pads forward slightly forward. I've tried loosening everything up to the point that it's almost falling off the front of my leg when standing and it's still happening. (I have it strapped to my calf and just have bungee toe ties, no boot strap, and wearing bauer vapor 1x knee pads).

One thing I noticed is that even when I lay the pads flat they have a little forward tilt (though it's more exaggerated with I'm in them). This could be just from me dropping on them in the wrong place over and over again, but I'm starting to worry that the damage may be done.

The only idea I have left is to try strapping to the knee so I can strap even looser without it basically hanging off my leg, so any advice or other ideas would be greatly appreciated!
 

20220102_004217.jpg

Interesting you're having an issue of over rotation. 

Here's my pads thrown on the ground like yours: 

20220112_095714.thumb.jpg.152e998e4bffcbf68311007513d61b14.jpg

Looks to be the same.

Here's a quick pic with me in them: 

20220112_095753.thumb.jpg.ec0456e1881a751a264d97c271813c06.jpg

I can't say I have any issues with them being square to the shooter and I never have any issues with under/over rotation. 

I have a very similar strapping set up as well. 

20220112_100125.thumb.jpg.3d3564eff695042892fb7c8ae0d9d8a6.jpg

I've worn these pads loose, tight, and everywhere in between but my experiences remain the same. 

The only thing that stands out to me is you noting that you're consistently landing on the piece that connects the knee wing to the face of the pad. That will push it outwards and be the major reason why you're having this issue. 

All we need to figure out is why you're landing here. I land dead center without issue. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...
On 1/12/2022 at 1:08 PM, coopaloop1234 said:

All we need to figure out is why you're landing here. I land dead center without issue. 

Thanks man, after fiddling around i think part of the issue might be my knee pads. I wear bauer vapor 1x knee pads, and while I really like them they're a little bulky and seem to want to land in that spot. I've tried really loosening up the knee but it doesn't seem to do much and I end up having trouble in my butterfly because the pads don't have to track with the knee to close the 5-hole.  Even with them strapped up tighter, though, I definitely don't get as nice a 5-hole closure as you do, but that's probably more of a mobility issue (I have plenty of flexibility and have no problem being put into a nice flaired position, but am still working on getting my hips to do it by themselves).

Anyway, really appreciate the response! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, DK00 said:

Thanks man, after fiddling around i think part of the issue might be my knee pads. I wear bauer vapor 1x knee pads, and while I really like them they're a little bulky and seem to want to land in that spot. I've tried really loosening up the knee but it doesn't seem to do much and I end up having trouble in my butterfly because the pads don't have to track with the knee to close the 5-hole.  Even with them strapped up tighter, though, I definitely don't get as nice a 5-hole closure as you do, but that's probably more of a mobility issue (I have plenty of flexibility and have no problem being put into a nice flaired position, but am still working on getting my hips to do it by themselves).

Anyway, really appreciate the response! 

I wear the Warrior knee pads that come with these pads without issue. I thought the 1X knee pads were relatively steamlined? Are you able to take some pictures of you strapped up, as well as where your knee lands, with and without pictures?

Have you adjusted the calf wrap at all? It can be lengthened/shortened and I'm wondering if that may be causing some interference.

Lets try it all lol

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

First off, I hate Coops b-fly! (simply cause mine is nowhere near that flared :D )

I own the Bauer 1X knee pads and they aren't bulky, it's just that the shell that looks like a forward's shoulder cap sits wide. If it were a little more contoured they would fit real great. I also have been wearing the Senior Ritual knee pads that came with my GT2s and they work better due to their surround shape.

It could be the toe ties. I have the Pro Laces and the Trav Specs ones as well. The original ones are kinda short and keep the boot snug to the skate and even though it stretches, the tension is still present. For the Trav ones (vers.1), they are longer and allow for more slack and let the pad float better in the b-fly.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, RichMan said:

First off, I hate Coops b-fly! (simply cause mine is nowhere near that flared :D )

I own the Bauer 1X knee pads and they aren't bulky, it's just that the shell that looks like a forward's shoulder cap sits wide. If it were a little more contoured they would fit real great. I also have been wearing the Senior Ritual knee pads that came with my GT2s and they work better due to their surround shape.

It could be the toe ties. I have the Pro Laces and the Trav Specs ones as well. The original ones are kinda short and keep the boot snug to the skate and even though it stretches, the tension is still present. For the Trav ones (vers.1), they are longer and allow for more slack and let the pad float better in the b-fly.

I'll take the compliment gents. B|

I currently use standard Pro Laces, but when I had my GT1 set, I used the default elastic straps without issue. GT line has a flex point across the lower portion of the pad that allows it to "twist" into place to get the toe flush while not impacting the face of the pad and forcing it to under rotate.

Pro laces don't force the pad to do this, so i don't think it's a toe tie issue. I'd really like to see how he sits in the butterfly and see if maybe it's the calf wrap being to tight that's forcing him to land on the inside edge of the pad.

That's the only thing I can maybe think of.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

So I did the experiment... for science. The first 3 photos are taken with the bauer vapor 1x knee pads, and the next 2 are in the warrior pads that come with the GT2s. While there is still some minor tilt in the warriors it's a lot bigger in the bauers. It's also definitely more pronounced on the right side for whatever reason. I'm now just using the warrior knee guards because in addition to helping with this problem, it's also helped with other rotation issues. I only took one photo of the calf because a) i strap it the same and b) you can see it's very loose, really just enough to hold the leg in

(I'll also note that I left the gap in the butterfly cause that's how it usually looks on ice. I've always found it easier to close off-ice cause you get to "grip" the ground for a little longer)

20220406_150206.thumb.jpg.c03f0216817864adb35a5ecdeac4f6cb.jpg20220406_145147.thumb.jpg.cb04651cde5a24239184c3ee8c36adc6.jpg

20220406_145031.jpg

20220406_145508.jpg

20220406_145534.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...