Vegas Goalie List

TheGoalNet

Moose and Flower are the only proven starters in the bunch with MAF being the stronger of the two in my opinion.  However, being that they are both getting up there in age, I would definitely go MAF as my #1 with Mrazek as the #2 and eventual successor.  I think you have to have a clear #1 and #2, not two #1's.  As nice as it sounds, there's too much pressure and controversy involved with that and both goalies can end up playing like shit because of it.  Then the team, especially the D,  suffers from the instability and inconsistency.  That being said, I'd still snatch up Elliott and trade him.

46 minutes ago, jayluv54 said:

... I think you have to have a clear #1 and #2, not two #1's.  As nice as it sounds, there's too much pressure and controversy involved with that and both goalies can end up playing like shit because of it....

Agreed - Habs went through this with Price & Halak. Every time one would let in even a slightly questionable goal (and I mean slightly) they would pull the current tender. How do you (or your team mates) build up confidence in that scenario when you are in constant fear of the hook?

On 6/20/2017 at 0:32 PM, Ghostender said:

Agreed - Habs went through this with Price & Halak. Every time one would let in even a slightly questionable goal (and I mean slightly) they would pull the current tender. How do you (or your team mates) build up confidence in that scenario when you are in constant fear of the hook?

A lot of that relies on the coach too.  Some are too insecure in their own post to let a goalie battle through.

Of the bunch, Vegas couldn't go wrong with Mrazek and Raanta.  Let them fight it out for the #1 spot and trade the other for assets at the deadline.  Sign some UFA goalie as the #3.

6 hours ago, jayluv54 said:

I think you have to have a clear #1 and #2, not two #1's.  As nice as it sounds, there's too much pressure and controversy involved with that and both goalies can end up playing like shit because of it.  Then the team, especially the D,  suffers from the instability and inconsistency.  

Someone already quoted and agreed, but I figured I'd quote and agree, too. Considering CGY just snatched up Smith, I'd say MAF would be a solid fut in Vegas, with someone like Grubbauer or Raantta. MAF is too established to fight for a #1 spot. We've all seen what he can compete like when the team has faith in him. If Vegas can trust MAF for a few seasons, I'd give him a go. 

Also, if the reports are true re: Mrazek's attitude problems, I wouldn't be surprised if he finds himself unsigned/looking for PTOs. Bad attitudes are toxic, and coming from a guy in his mid-20s establishing himself as a potential starter, that's the last thing you want. Then again, MTL just signed Drouin, so, my point could also be totally moot.

I'm going with MAF and Raanta. I'd want flower for another reason than just being a proven starter. He is a class act who has proven to be an excellent mentor to young goaltenders (I.e. Matt Murray). He handled a tough situation with grace and professionalism. That's a guy I want in my locker room. 

As a Pens fan, I am going to miss him. He is one of my favorite players.

A10 makes an excellent point. With the Raiders coming to town from Oakland with a publicly financed stadium, unlike the Knights' privately funded building, they will need some vets who can play and help sell the game. MAF can help that way also.

30 minutes ago, Fullright said:

A10 makes an excellent point. With the Raiders coming to town from Oakland with a publicly financed stadium, unlike the Knights' privately funded building, they will need some vets who can play and help sell the game. MAF can help that way also.

You know- I HATE the NFL with their corporate welfare ways. Yes- I was one of the burnt former fans of the Nasty Foot Licker Lambs. The Nasty Foot Lickers are just the biggest bunch of D-bag CREEPS. Oh- and the owners can get away with putting out crap product ON PURPOSE in order to have no fan support and move to a bigger market.

I just hope Bettman doesn't end up trying the same crap. 

13 hours ago, djtendy said:

Someone already quoted and agreed, but I figured I'd quote and agree, too. Considering CGY just snatched up Smith, I'd say MAF would be a solid fut in Vegas, with someone like Grubbauer or Raantta. MAF is too established to fight for a #1 spot. We've all seen what he can compete like when the team has faith in him. If Vegas can trust MAF for a few seasons, I'd give him a go. 

Also, if the reports are true re: Mrazek's attitude problems, I wouldn't be surprised if he finds himself unsigned/looking for PTOs. Bad attitudes are toxic, and coming from a guy in his mid-20s establishing himself as a potential starter, that's the last thing you want. Then again, MTL just signed Drouin, so, my point could also be totally moot.

I think the problem with Mrazek is how Detroit has handled their goalie situation.  Like I said earlier, two #1's is not a good idea.  Mrazek thought he was going to be the guy, that turned out to not be the case when Detroit didn't pay him as much as Jimmy, then didn't get rid of Jimmy.  Whether all that was just a miscommunication or the kid thinking he was the man after a few good starts is the question.  I say he's got tons of talent and lot's of upside for a new organization.  He could learn a thing or two being in the room with MAF.

Yeah, I agree Bunny. Not his biggest fan and he certainly is not going to make anyone forget about Terry Sawchuk but Moose really deserves a break after things in St Louis and Calgary. He busts his a ss and isn't a bitc h complaining about things.

13 hours ago, Fullright said:

Yeah, I agree Bunny. Not his biggest fan and he certainly is not going to make anyone forget about Terry Sawchuk but Moose really deserves a break after things in St Louis and Calgary. He busts his a ss and isn't a bitc h complaining about things.

That's why I AM a fan. Could you imagine the crap out of Sindy Crosby's mouth if he were having a bad year? Moose has good stuff, but I am not patterning my play after him. But he's a worker and seems to be a good guy.

Archived