Vaughn V6 x TGN Spec

TheGoalNet

• 3 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Most of the time I like to think I can tell when someone is being serious or joking on the interwebs, but you've got me stumped.

Hahaha thanks?  (I think :idk:)

Anyways, the original post I quoted, TGN says "So far this setup is"  and that's it.  So I asked "is what?"  Then you came in with this lingo comment that threw me off.  I know what the term "lingo" means but the way you used it kinda confuses me.

1 minute ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

Hahaha thanks?  (I think :idk:)

Anyways, the original post I quoted, TGN says "So far this setup is"  and that's it.  So I asked "is what?"  Then you came in with this lingo comment that threw me off.  I know what the term "lingo" means but the way you used it kinda confuses me.

You don't see the two thumbs up emoticons after the "setup is..."?

Untitled.png

2 hours ago, Doobiesnax said:

Pics?  I just grabbed one of these and the arms are a bit long...

I would definitely have the arms separated and attache via lace... SOOOOOO much better. Factory Mad, PAW, Great Saves, or nearly anyone should be able to do that mod. It's very simple. 

5 minutes ago, TheGoalNet said:

I would definitely have the arms separated and attache via lace... SOOOOOO much better. Factory Mad, PAW, Great Saves, or nearly anyone should be able to do that mod. It's very simple. 

Coolio, I'm in Edmonton, so i figured id hit up United Cycle or another sports repair shop to make the mod.   I was just going to get them to shorten the fabric section between where the pad on the bicep stops and the tip of the shoulder, but the lace is definitley the way to go.  Looks great though!

Awesome!  Do you have any pics of the sleeve to chest connection?

5 hours ago, TheGoalNet said:

Coolio, I'm in Edmonton, so i figured id hit up United Cycle or another sports repair shop to make the mod.   I was just going to get them to shorten the fabric section between where the pad on the bicep stops and the tip of the shoulder, but the lace is definitley the way to go.  Looks great though!

• 1 month later...

Very cool mods. I have the V7 XF Pro Carbon, which I understand is a very similar unit. I put a similar strap for my suspenders on the shoulder floaters, but I went with a much smaller loop to keep the suspender strap in the exact same place. They are sewn in place with a Speedy Stitcher (between the plates, not through them). I never thought to put two straps the way you have it. I like that idea and it looks a lot easier to fasten - with mine you need a lot of dexterity to close them while wearing it.

@TheGoalNet one question - what is the benefit of having the lace-in arms? Does that make the length adjustable? 

B97EE17F-20C0-4CEE-864A-21CD6912A8C6.thumb.JPG.e5b74345c219b336b7f2cd0ebe1caf79.JPGD1A8B468-DC74-4114-A0CE-016F86A22D3D.thumb.JPG.3d192ef4f2e7c61d3a07f9df58eb0e49.JPG

@Punisher Goalie - The lace in arms keep the chest part of the unit more independent from the arms. It improves how the arms move and keeps it from pulling at the chest and shoulders area. 

Given how popular Vaughn units are and they won't do lace in arms, I don't know how many people "need" this mod. It was bugging me, but might not be an issue depending on your size and how the unit fits. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/11/2017 at 11:10 AM, TheGoalNet said:

@Punisher Goalie - The lace in arms keep the chest part of the unit more independent from the arms. It improves how the arms move and keeps it from pulling at the chest and shoulders area. 

Given how popular Vaughn units are and they won't do lace in arms, I don't know how many people "need" this mod. It was bugging me, but might not be an issue depending on your size and how the unit fits. 

Prior to my current CCM Premier I had a Vaughn Epic 8600. It was great right out of the box and lasted a while. I'm not sure why I decided on the Premier to be honest. I now live in a very hockey starved Indianapolis, IN so trying on varying brands & sizes isn't always an option unless I go to Chicago or Columbus. Anyway, the CCM has been fine in terms of protection, but the arm sizing was way off. I'm only 5'10" but a M should fit me. They have an interesting loop system for the arm attachment, one that I had already been at the absolute minimum on. So I decided to start cutting and sewing. In all I took off about an inch and a half. Turned out well. Arms feel much better... but I'm still not happy with how the elbow cups fit and I'm always on the lookout for something else. Passau, Vaughn, Bauer, Warrior... time will tell what comes next...

Premier (01).jpg

Premier (02).jpg

Premier (03).jpg

Premier (04).jpg

1 hour ago, BadAngle41 said:

Prior to my current CCM Premier I had a Vaughn Epic 8600. It was great right out of the box and lasted a while. I'm not sure why I decided on the Premier to be honest. I now live in a very hockey starved Indianapolis, IN so trying on varying brands & sizes isn't always an option unless I go to Chicago or Columbus. Anyway, the CCM has been fine in terms of protection, but the arm sizing was way off. I'm only 5'10" but a M should fit me. They have an interesting loop system for the arm attachment, one that I had already been at the absolute minimum on. So I decided to start cutting and sewing. In all I took off about an inch and a half. Turned out well. Arms feel much better... but I'm still not happy with how the elbow cups fit and I'm always on the lookout for something else. Passau, Vaughn, Bauer, Warrior... time will tell what comes next...

If you are going custom, check out the Passau area, @GoalieTimmy33 can help. If you a like a tank style C&A and are going retail, I would check out Brian's. I believe they make the heaviest duty units you can walk out of the store with. If you want a very lightweight unit via retail, check out the V7. I like how the unit performed, but not entirely how it fit. Here's my review:

PS - Last Brown user to chime in that you should only buy a Brown is a rotten egg!!! 

Archived