SKLZ Lightning Bolt Machine

I impulse bought this thing after seeing an InGoalMag post about it a couple weeks ago. Awesome quarantine purchase. Really enjoying using it to train the glove and the blocker. Its genuinely challenging when you set it up less than 20 feet away. Pitch position is variable enough that it makes you move the glove. My 7 year old goalie is using it too.

The balls are small, which makes for great tracking practice and have enough velocity to make them catchable while they are soft enough to not do much damage. If you sit within 20 feet (I go at about 15 feet) its going to sting a bit if you get hit in a non-padded spot. Prob should be wearing eye protection. Motor is a little loud if you use it indoors. 

https://www.amazon.com/SKLZ-Lightning-Bolt-Pitching-Machine/dp/B0047YO5O2/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=sklz+lightning+bolt&qid=1589728182&s=sporting-goods&sr=1-1

Wondering if anyone else has picked one up and what you think. I'm trying to come up with a way to put it on a motorized rail or oscillating stand to get more variability (just a few degrees would make it a huge challenge). 

1 hour ago, Punisher Goalie said:

I impulse bought this thing after seeing an InGoalMag post about it a couple weeks ago. Awesome quarantine purchase. Really enjoying using it to train the glove and the blocker. Its genuinely challenging when you set it up less than 20 feet away. Pitch position is variable enough that it makes you move the glove. My 7 year old goalie is using it too.

The balls are small, which makes for great tracking practice and have enough velocity to make them catchable while they are soft enough to not do much damage. If you sit within 20 feet (I go at about 15 feet) its going to sting a bit if you get hit in a non-padded spot. Prob should be wearing eye protection. Motor is a little loud if you use it indoors. 

https://www.amazon.com/SKLZ-Lightning-Bolt-Pitching-Machine/dp/B0047YO5O2/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=sklz+lightning+bolt&qid=1589728182&s=sporting-goods&sr=1-1

Wondering if anyone else has picked one up and what you think. I'm trying to come up with a way to put it on a motorized rail or oscillating stand to get more variability (just a few degrees would make it a huge challenge). 

giggity

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/18/2020 at 6:47 PM, Chenner29 said:

I will only buy this if it makes "PEW PEW PEW" noises when it shoots

Someone who gets it, please confirm.

Unfortunately there is no "PEW PEW PEW".  I just got mine in the mail today, I think it'll be a really good training tool. 

• 1 month later...
On 5/17/2020 at 8:24 PM, Flyers27 said:

Maria Mountain just posted a video on what looks to be the same machine. Looks interesting. 

Oh my I feel bad for her having so much difficulty opening the glove. 😕

That ballshooter would be nice. I've used to have good hands but while getting older and somehow adapting to blocking style I've noticed my hands are getting slow and not so reactive. It might just be the lack of training on them as there is not much possibilities in the short warmup shooting. And the shots that I mostly get are...

But the pricing is crazy, 60 euros for device and 60 euros for shipping to Finland.

On 8/3/2020 at 5:49 AM, ArdeFIN said:

Oh my I feel bad for her having so much difficulty opening the glove. 😕

That ballshooter would be nice. I've used to have good hands but while getting older and somehow adapting to blocking style I've noticed my hands are getting slow and not so reactive. It might just be the lack of training on them as there is not much possibilities in the short warmup shooting. And the shots that I mostly get are...

But the pricing is crazy, 60 euros for device and 60 euros for shipping to Finland.

So I guess prime isn’t an option where you are. Good machine but not $130usd good when you pay shipping in your case. Sometimes mine shoots three at a time doesn’t matter if its their balls or the foam golfballs. Acceptable if you only paid $50 shipped for it like i did but would drive me nuts if I paid $130 including shipping.

Archived