Show Off Your Action Photos

SaveByRichter35

25 minutes ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

We're in the top division.  Though unfortunately even the top division only has a few good teams as well.  Its a very mid level and bottom heavy league.  We're just now getting into the meat and potatoes of our schedule.

Yikes, is it a small league?

You don't usually see such a stark separation in skill sets in divs, especially as you go higher up.

23 hours ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

8.jpg

This set is so good that your teammates should consider blue jersey, instead of green one. NYR colours will be the best, but if it is not an option, something like this:

genst_jersey.jpg.726dd0f74ad7acb468d13397de098d48.jpg

btw. What caught me immediately is your BF with 33 + 1 pads and 5.9". I am  in 35/36 + 1 pads and can say similar height, but not even close to that flare :(.

16 hours ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Yikes, is it a small league?

You don't usually see such a stark separation in skill sets in divs, especially as you go higher up.

The league is a year old but growing fast.  There are 7 teams in the top division, or D1; 7 in the mid division, or D2; and 11 teams in the bottom division, or D3.  More teams are slated to join for the winter division starting in December.  

15 hours ago, TheGoalNet said:

@SaveByRichter35 - I can see why you want greed pads! 

@AG37 - Thanks for posting! That silver Vaughn set was nice... #SolidColoredPadsCrew 

Exactly!

5 hours ago, mik said:

This set is so good that your teammates should consider blue jersey, instead of green one. NYR colours will be the best, but if it is not an option, something like this:

btw. What caught me immediately is your BF with 33 + 1 pads and 5.9". I am  in 35/36 + 1 pads and can say similar height, but not even close to that flare :(.

This is our first season with these jerseys, we ordered them over the summer.  When we were going through the process I wanted to do something red, white, and blue but no one else really wanted to.  Especially the Islander fans on the team, which is stupid.  I wasn't asking to do Ranger jerseys, just something that my gear would match.  I was outnumbered.  Majority wanted to do a color that no one else in the league has so we didn't have to spend on home and away colors.  This is what won the vote.  I'm happy with what we ended up with, its a pretty sick jersey.

As far as my flare, thank you, I've always been fairly flexible.  I used to be able to do splits in high school and college but not anymore though lol

Some pics from goalie camp. Jersey was a gift from organizators, I foud colours little strange at first, but maybe it was matching my gear quite good (?). btw. last photo is not picture of my "Giguere narrow butterfly" but proof of exhaustion :D .

20170702_110902_MF2_7065.jpg

20170702_113418_MFL_7942.jpg

20170702_120550_MFL_8009.jpg

20170702_115230_MFL_7973.jpg

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Hills said:

You have awesome gear!

Thanks Hills! Goalie coach (he is quite young goalie, still playing) told me not a long ago, that he is amazed how we amateurs show at "friday night training" in Pro return gear. Other goalie was in pro return 1S from Sweden :D . Total overkill for our level of the game. But you know, as I start to be slower and slower, I just must to have good gear to at least look like goalie -;)

btw. at last photo can be seen part of my friends custom passau (yellow&burgundy), now he is in oredering another set in vice versa colours (to match home and away jerseys, like he is on his way to NHL? :D:D:D ) . 

Edited by mik
  • Like 1

On 10/20/2017 at 4:56 PM, mik said:

Your Passau set is great, realy like black sides and sliding zones, it is unusual and looks good.

Thanks! The inner sliding surface is weave, too. Supposedly better for sliding, though I'm not sure about that. 

The general concept for my pads was "all black except a white face, with red accents." Unfortunately when I ordered these I had JUST joined a new team after changing new teams almost every year before that, so I wanted something neutral that I could easily change the colors of. If I had known I was going to stick with this team I'd have gone a bit more crazy with the colors. Our uniforms are blackhawks colors, which could potentially make for some REALLY awesome pad color schemes. 

That said, mostly black pads has gotten me a quick whistle more than once ;) 

On 10/20/2017 at 5:02 PM, SaveByRichter35 said:

Love the Potvin paint!

My first set of goalie pads a couple years ago were white/black/silver figuring they went with just about anything (and I wore a black Kings color jersey with it until I got on a team). So my first mask was a no-brainer. Potvin graphics in that color scheme. @BMFSdesigns absolutely nailed it. He even went out of his way to find me a silver I liked. I didn't want chrome or sparkle, but a nice metallic silver. It looks fantastic.

I have a mask he also painted for my league team, but I wear this one for pickups. I did however change the cage to blue to go with the uniform of another team I'm a backup for (I sub when their primary goalie is away). 

A6DEA64E-273B-466D-B0ED-148B5A965311.jpeg

1 hour ago, IPv6Freely said:

Thanks! The inner sliding surface is weave, too. Supposedly better for sliding, though I'm not sure about that. 

The general concept for my pads was "all black except a white face, with red accents." Unfortunately when I ordered these I had JUST joined a new team after changing new teams almost every year before that, so I wanted something neutral that I could easily change the colors of. If I had known I was going to stick with this team I'd have gone a bit more crazy with the colors. Our uniforms are blackhawks colors, which could potentially make for some REALLY awesome pad color schemes. 

My first set of goalie pads a couple years ago were white/black/silver figuring they went with just about anything (and I wore a black Kings color jersey with it until I got on a team). So my first mask was a no-brainer. Potvin graphics in that color scheme. @BMFSdesigns absolutely nailed it. He even went out of his way to find me a silver I liked. I didn't want chrome or sparkle, but a nice metallic silver. It looks fantastic.

I have a mask he also painted for my league team, but I wear this one for pickups. I did however change the cage to blue to go with the uniform of another team I'm a backup for (I sub when their primary goalie is away). 

What's the name of the team for the jersey on the left?

16 hours ago, IPv6Freely said:

You should make photo with Hawks jersey and post it here, this must be good combination with your passau set...

16 hours ago, IPv6Freely said:

Admirals, not Hawks ;) haha

And yep, I bought the set to match those jerseys. 

Damn I wish I played on a team with that kind of geek cred lol. The mask with the Rebel Alliance logo is beyond sick (and subtly so...)

At least my team (Punishers) gives me some options when I go for custom paint at some point. I wanted my name on my jersey to be “Castle” (get it?) but the league said no...