Bauer 3s box opening ceremony

cuprajake

1 hour ago, Quadzilla32 said:

Curious what made you go with Bauer over any other company? Personally I think most Bauer pads look cheap and heard mixed reviews on durability, granted reports say the durability has gotten better. 

A lot of people say Warrior pads look like Fisher Price Toys. Overall Aesthetics are pretty subjective.

Durability concerns on Bauer pads is old and needs to die. Just like the Warrior uses undersized gear argument.

Yeah, from seeing both in person id say the quality of both is on par, i just had a bad set that sneaked past qc at warrior. 

Ive had 2 g4 sets and gt aswell, even the chest and shorts. Tbh just because your from canada doesnt make you better at sewing than someone from china 😂 infact china prob make the sewing machines haha

But all jokes aside 

Both gear has its pluses 

The warrior prob just edge the bauer in terms of being better thought out, but id lost faith in warrior 

20 minutes ago, cuprajake said:

Yeah, from seeing both in person id say the quality of both is on par, i just had a bad set that sneaked past qc at warrior. 

Ive had 2 g4 sets and gt aswell, even the chest and shorts. Tbh just because your from canada doesnt make you better at sewing than someone from china 😂 infact china prob make the sewing machines haha

But all jokes aside 

Both gear has its pluses 

The warrior prob just edge the bauer in terms of being better thought out, but id lost faith in warrior 

Both Warrior and Bauer products are made overseas from N/A. ;)

Only gear made in Canada now is Brians and Vaughn (and lefebvre)

36 minutes ago, cuprajake said:

well, 

ive decided to send the bauer stuff back also, it just not the g5

im talking with someone from hm and im hoping they can find a set thats as it should be, not poor like the last

jake

What's wrong with this set?

Maybe you're just a prima donna. ;)

nothing, 

this is totally on me, 

had i have had the opportunity to walk into a store, touch and feel the gear.. id of walked out empty handed.

its not a slate on the bauer stuff, its well made, no issue. heavier than the warrior also alot stiffer. the pad is supper stiff to a point i know i wont like it. 

had the g5 set not been faulty, they would of stayed.

50 minutes ago, cuprajake said:

its not a slate on the bauer stuff, its well made, no issue. heavier than the warrior also alot stiffer. the pad is supper stiff to a point i know i wont like it.

Not to bust your balls too much here, but did you expect otherwise? The Supreme line from Bauer since the inception of the 1S has always been the "block of wood attached to the leg".

Are you looking for a stiff pad with a softer boot? Something with a bit more torsional flex?

Just curious if I could may help reduce your purchases. :P

Im a Capricorn 😁 

Id agree bauer as in stiff but by all account the vapor is stiffee from research. But and this is a big but, that's pro stuff generally snr equipment is alot more flexible. 

The bauers boot is soft, as was the warrior. Theres a marked difference in the knee and thigh though between warrior and bauer. 

I was in g4, had the g5 been right this would of been the end of the story. 

Do you not think id of just liked the set to be right, its been a total pita messing around like this. I lost faith in warrior and didnt want another crap set id have to send back. 

29 minutes ago, Naz said:

And Kenesky, and Brown

15 minutes ago, CJ Boiss said:

And Passau

1. Was mostly referring to the big boys

2. He's from the UK, ordering from Sweden. Probably unlikely he's looking into those guys. Hell, I don't even see them at local rinks.

3. both of ya can eat it. :P

• 2 weeks later...

Haha cheers 

I didnt update this 

The bauer went back, if you want a stiff tight chanel pad they would be perfect. 

I got a 2nd set of the g5 and the pads were twisted and tbh very g4 soft

In the end i got white g5 gloves to keep with my gt pads 

Shame really as warrior shit the bed on that. 

Archived