Poor quality on X Pro pants (Replaced under warranty!)

ArdeFIN

At first the innerbelt broke at nylon loops holding the actual belt nylon on place. The ends of the loops were only under the binding and dismantled out. 

Talked to local dealer and he told it'll be easier to fix than send to Warrior on warranty. Ok I can do that and fixed it with a little more rigidity to last the lifetime of the pants.

Now today I was fixing the nylon belt to stay a little higher over the padded innerbelt. I noticed this

IMG_20200727_200026.thumb.jpg.b7ad8eeca5608dac3d225dd994e86f91.jpg

It's the lower end of the nylon loop at the side panel. I didn't see in whether it's a loose sewing or things just ripped apart.

Problem with this place is that it is under the protective plating with no access holes. So to fix this I would have to dismantle the whole thigh panel from the pants. It's doable yes but the pants are only been in use since december '19. And account the Coronabreak so there has been some 30 icetimes with these pants. I'm ok to fix things but when I buy new Pro product I'd like them to hold up a little longer?

I haven't talked to the dealer yet, maybe tomorrow or so, just to hear that probably nothing can be done but send to Warrior and wait. Can't do that since I have ice every sunday at the moment and no extra pants.

IMG_20200727_200051.jpg

I had a quality issue with my pants upon receipt.  I emailed Warrior on their websitenabout the issue and they took a bit but did get back to me and eventually semt me a new pair of X2 Pro pants.  I know what you mean though.  I used the crappiest Vaughn pants for 12 years and I can't see these lasting for 6 years. 

Well those are not a lightweight in my opinion. And what I tried today atleast Bauer Vapor 2X pro and CCM Axis 1.9 are on par in weight. Just the feeling of course with no scale with me. So I tried quickly on some X2 Pro, Axis 1.9, Vapor 2X Pro and the new Bauer Pro. I liked the best was 2X pro. Simple, light, nothing bothered, well except the quality. I didn't take a photo of it but there was a seam on the outside of thigh which looked like it was ripped open and sewn bag together with no cleaning and styling. Bauer Pro was very similar but a little more snug fitting, not bad though and no quality issues noted. The naming is BTW avkward as I tried to google those pants for info. Axis was nearly the same as Premier R1.9 I had previously. And last the Warrior X2 pro, well it felt somehow different than X pro which might just be due to the break in, but anyway still very good. Choosing new pants now would be tough decision, 2X Vapor was very good feeling right on but the quality... Warrior is like as it's been but maybe slightly better with a facelift model. Axis would go very well but the previous problems with pushing C/A up, could it be solved makes a risk on those. And the Bauer Pro were without anything wrong but maybe just not good enough. Vaughn Velocity was there too but a size too small and no belt which I'd like to have. 

So yes, I visited the dealer today and took some pictures and story of the defect pants to send to Warrior EU HQ at Germany I think.

Hopefully they'll reply soon as the dealer had a C/A issue to handle at the same time.

For what I'd hope is new pants, could take X2 too. Or maybe a moneyback to select from some choices above. Axis would be Pro as the other models are. 

8 hours ago, Dumpy said:

Those pants are made more for light weight than performance IMO  my buddy turned me onto Vaughn pants the new old stock lt80 pants I just got are phenomenal 

I love Warrior products and will beat teir corporate drum all day, but something about their pants never got me to switch over. Could be that my LT88 and before that Epic pants have been absolutely amazing for protection and durability, but the warrior pants do seem a bit off.

1 minute ago, coopaloop1234 said:

I love Warrior products and will beat teir corporate drum all day, but something about their pants never got me to switch over. Could be that my LT88 and before that Epic pants have been absolutely amazing for protection and durability, but the warrior pants do seem a bit off.

I did try warriors prostock goalie pants and there really nice but not sized anything like there retail pants but vaughn makes the best pants bar none they beat the pants off everyone elses pants LOL

3 hours ago, coopaloop1234 said:

The suspender buttons (on the back) on my Warrior X2 pants lasted two skates with my Kova suspenders before they came off. I now have two very sharp spikes at the back of my pants which ripped into my jerseys. 

It’s for this reason (and custom colors, tweaks) I went with Brian’s Optik 2 pants this time. 

I love the rest of their stuff but won’t ever buy their pants again. 

6 hours ago, benner33 said:

The suspender buttons (on the back) on my Warrior X2 pants lasted two skates with my Kova suspenders before they came off. I now have two very sharp spikes at the back of my pants which ripped into my jerseys. 

Suspender buttons are something that should be removed completely and replaced with something that can take the stress. I've seen CCM pants loose the buttons quickly. This is one of the reasons why I wanted to get away from using suspenders.

3 hours ago, ArdeFIN said:

Suspender buttons are something that should be removed completely and replaced with something that can take the stress. I've seen CCM pants loose the buttons quickly. This is one of the reasons why I wanted to get away from using suspenders.

My buddy says the problem is they don’t put suspender buttons onto anything that can take the stress you gotta mount them onto leather like Vaughn does even on there senior pants I put my Kova suspenders around the fight strap loop on my Warrior pants I wish that suspender button dealio was available separately that they supply for the front of your pants but I tie the loops together around the fight strap loop on my Warrior pants. That takes the stress off. The biggest problem I had with adding buttons was that even though I hit the damn thing square on the face with a hammer the damn button pops off. They dont make suspender buttons like they did back in the day sigh 

2 hours ago, WillyGrips13 said:

4E587007-7196-436A-8C55-9955A0C0AB7C.thumb.jpeg.892e655afe661ef2ee8fec01f4958d0a.jpegI used these to replace a broken suspender button. FYI, these Brown pants were about 14 years old when I needed to do this. 

CFF3320A-6FC0-4D37-BF58-1A846E9D0BD4.thumb.jpeg.65dea94c6d010b267cff64ccd2c67518.jpeg324FDD2E-9E16-489B-B5D9-8C529F8FF7EB.thumb.jpeg.25b2b16edc445a48ccab599a4c063949.jpeg418D9625-1A5B-40D5-AFA6-B1FAD56E00F6.thumb.jpeg.265d8481b4e71d39c94c38024fdc1858.jpeg57B4FE07-3D42-45C9-86DB-EC2F3450D5DF.thumb.jpeg.40030c4ee6c254eaa4848a4a033f69bd.jpeg

Much better option than buying all new pants. 

The rear suspender buttons are not accessible or replaceable without surgically opening the pants up. 

3 hours ago, WillyGrips13 said:

I’m assuming you’re referring to your pants. On this pair that was not the case. 

Yes, was speaking about the thread title for Warrior pants.  Bad design to not make them replaceable once broken. 

Fyi I used some pliers and smashed down those sharp points into the pants where mine broke.  Won't stab anyone falling on them.

While waiting and looking for the next step I have to mention that the inner belt is the one and only thing in these pants I have something to complain. Otherwise I've yet to find anything that isn't like new still. No fraying or wear as there shouldn't be for them being so new and little of use yet.

They're trustfully protective as Pro and very nice feeling when on ice with them. Maybe even better description would be; I don't feel them at all, they just are there.

One mod I made to these to a little protection was the outside thigh plate which originally was 10mm thick hard hd foam with soft hd foam. I replaced that with 30mm thick LD foam and 1mm PE sheet. That is just as much as I could have there while my pads still do rotate perfectly. As almost all padding in these pants, these were also in a nice pocket for easy modding. And can be undone easily if needed.

Why I did this mod was an odd shot that made my leg a bit stun. What's it called when you get a bad hit to the side of the thigh (knee would be the hitter mostly) and it's stunned and sore for few days?

Got a note from retailer today about the pants. New pants are on their way and should be here next week. So no exact info about them sending a new pair of X pro or X2 pro. From what has been available in retail I doubt Warrior has X pro in stock anymore at all but who knows better than them. But anyway, glad about the service anyway. Kudos goes to Warrior again.

1 hour ago, ArdeFIN said:

Got a note from retailer today about the pants. New pants are on their way and should be here next week. So no exact info about them sending a new pair of X pro or X2 pro. From what has been available in retail I doubt Warrior has X pro in stock anymore at all but who knows better than them. But anyway, glad about the service anyway. Kudos goes to Warrior again.

Happy for you there makin right.

Asked about the change to L size or something else in brand / model I got a response that they're sending L size to me. So I think I'll be easiest to settle to that now as I have said many times the pants are excellent. I have to see the internal belt through and think of how I should use it or leave it away or loose. 

Sunday I have icetime and then might be that in wednesday I'm in a new pair of pants.

Today I picked up new X2 Pro pants. Now I have to build all the mods to them before wednesday.

There are some differences from X pro, first noticed that inner thighs have some extra padding, similar to what Bauer and CCM have in their recent model at the same spots too.

The thigh plate is quite the same but padding behind is very different, stiffer and thicker atleast what it feels like. More protective I think too but that's not possible to say from how it feels by fingertips. 🙂

The front plates at groins are much thicker and harder, Hypercomp is in these I think. Feels very much protective now but I didn't have any issues here in the X pros either.

From what I remember and mention the size difference X-large -> large these X2 pro feel a bit bulkier inside, sort of tapered feeling but not in any means a problem and also these are new pants, just comparing to what I remember from december and new X pros. 

Here's one photo of the outer thigh padding I added already to the X pros and those went in these too. From left 1mm PE plate, 30mm MD foam, original Warrior part with about 1/4" LD and 1/4" HD. The thigh plate is thicker now with X2 this side protection might be unnecessary as it seems to be made a bit different and the thigh plate is covering that area better than in X pros. But these were ready and fitted in there so why not.

IMG_20200810_153039_16x12.jpg

Here's a picture of the bulk.

IMG_20200810_203137_16x12.thumb.jpg.b9b3c9552615c7704c6fb65f5a25a33a.jpg

Yes, from this angle as those waist edges are like that, a bit rolled over and pushing outwards. It's because of the hefty amount of padding and plating over hip-groin area. Remains to be seen how it'll become with few skates in these so I'm not worried of anything yet. And I have the possibility to connect my Brown to those suspender loops outside. Just need to add matching loops to my Brown too 😄 And while thinkin about it I think it'll be a viable option to secure the C/A inside the pants. I had few problematic moments on sunday ice for the first time with X pro & Brown combo. Don't know why there were any.

Archived