Changing from double to single tee

Smeds35

Actually looking for recommendations to change my Double tee glove that  i had ordered to a single. I ordered a JRZ I'm wondering if I could send it back to them and have them do it? Or if anyone here had any recommendations on good mod or repair guys. I regret not getting it single tee to begin with Hindsight's 20/20 right?

I know two guys off the top..

Dennis?- glove closes like butter just want a new T 
Jason Terio?-Does he still do solo stuff or is he with Kenesky?

Thanks guys!

20 minutes ago, seagoal said:

What do you regret? Why do you want to change it?

This is where it gets weird, I cant place why i want to change it. Ive always used single tees, they seem to snap a little better than the Double. Although this glove does close very nice, I just feel like I would feel more comfortable in a single? Idk its a weird thing going on in my head when I play, I feel like there's lack of coverage almost(Even though there isnt..) I guess Smeds just likes the snappy snap of a single Tee lol

Ask directly from JRZ for the change? They have the T ready or atleast patterns to make one that fits right. Might be the cheapest of alternatives afterall. And asking things is also quite cheap. 🙂

I kind of feel you about the single T. While I'm not into the snap but I like of the "tight" closure that single gives in compared to double T in where the pocket remains more or less roomy and the puck can swing around even with glove closed. This actually was pronounced to me when I got that Simmons project ready and that thing has very roomy pocket as the spines are curved to make it like that.

This is one of them smallest details that when they get over you prevent you from being relaxed and focused to the game. And prevent you from trusting your gear 100%.

"If in doubt; try some new gear" 😁

You sure its a true double T? Cause I think the only difference is that the single T is split makin it look like a double T. My buddy has a Brown glove with a true double T and theyd have to remake the glove to get a single T if its a split T then can lace in a solid T pretty quick slowest part is makin the new T if its a true double T then your stuck. Put up a pic of how the T is attached.

14 minutes ago, ArdeFIN said:

IMO there is nothing different in glove considering the T type, it's all the same for single, double, "true double", ...

Some true double T gloves have the mounting holes pretty far apart, making a New single T on the same spot pretty wide was alls Im sayin. Floating T performs most differnt. I aks the question cause some people call a split T a double T. If its a split T then I bet the spine of the T is the same width.

20 hours ago, Dumpy said:

Some true double T gloves have the mounting holes pretty far apart, making a New single T on the same spot pretty wide was alls Im sayin. Floating T performs most differnt. I aks the question cause some people call a split T a double T. If its a split T then I bet the spine of the T is the same width.

Yes, with my current CCM Eflex3 project that has the split T the mounting holes look like exact same as what would be with single T.

And floating T solves all of the mounting problems.

But it's not much of a job to get single T mounted on where there was double T and the other way around. Actually in many of the "real" double T the boot is sewn together by the binding. Sort of a lazy but fast job, run the binding around the perimeterof the T and do the mid section in another run. Actually mid section is binded first as it's under the perimeter binding. I usually have to repair something in the T and in the same process I cut those spines apart from each other and thus I get some extra options when putting the glove together.

5 hours ago, ArdeFIN said:

Yes, with my current CCM Eflex3 project that has the split T the mounting holes look like exact same as what would be with single T.

And floating T solves all of the mounting problems.

But it's not much of a job to get single T mounted on where there was double T and the other way around. Actually in many of the "real" double T the boot is sewn together by the binding. Sort of a lazy but fast job, run the lacing around the perimeterof the T and do the mid section in another run. Actually mid section is binded first as it's under the perimeter binding. I usually have to repair something in the T and in the same process I cut those spines apart from each other and thus I get some extra options when putting the glove together.

Im just a gear noob. Learning everyday and just learned this stuff. I love the stuff you do.

12 hours ago, Dumpy said:

Im just a gear noob. Learning everyday and just learned this stuff. I love the stuff you do.

Thanks. I'll need to document that T stuff better in the next project where there is such operations with it. Whats involved with T is something you probably never think unless you need to do something about it. It just is there and everything is cool.

• 2 weeks later...

Figured id update this! I asked JRZ directly and they said they change the T and Lacing for $75 USD I just gotta pay that and shipping up to Quebec. Luckily I still have the box and early next week Ill be sending it out to get it re done, Single T with skate lace. Ill post more when I get it back!

Archived