CCM Eflex 5

coopaloop1234

3 hours ago, A.YOUNGoalie13 said:

Love the setup absolutely sick but 600? Com’on puckstopper I thought you were better than this😂😂😂

The new 600 is pretty sweet but just doesn’t feel right on my hand. I’m assuming it’s perfect for him. That’s why there’s 3 different break angles I guess

7 hours ago, A.YOUNGoalie13 said:

Love the setup absolutely sick but 600? Com’on puckstopper I thought you were better than this😂😂😂

There's a local support group for former 580 users who want to be normal, contributing members of society.  They've got a great 10 step program to help you transition to a 590.  Only the truly elite make it to the 600 level though!

All jokes aside, I'm still looking for a glove that's as good as my Vaughn T3500 from the early 90's.  The thing was a vacuum and the break angle let me play the puck both underhand and Turco-style.  600 is certainly not perfect, but I've tried 580 and HATED it, tried 590 and could live with it, and have had decent success with 600. 

I've also got an Ultrasonic glove coming, and I'm hoping that the description I've heard of it as a 595ish break is accurate.  If so, the Bauer setup is going to get A LOT of use!

Edited by Puckstopper
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, ThatCarGuy said:

The new 600 is pretty sweet but just doesn’t feel right on my hand. I’m assuming it’s perfect for him. That’s why there’s 3 different break angles I guess

1 hour ago, Puckstopper said:

There's a local support group for former 580 users who want to be normal, contributing members of society.  They've got a great 10 step program to help you transition to a 590.  Only the truly elite make it to the 600 level though!

All jokes aside, I'm still looking for a glove that's as good as my Vaughn T3500 from the early 90's.  The thing was a vacuum and the break angle let me play the puck both underhand and Turco-style.  600 is certainly not perfect, but I've tried 580 and HATED it, tried 590 and could live with it, and have had decent success with 600. 

I've also got an Ultrasonic glove coming, and I'm hoping that the description I've heard of it as a 595ish break is accurate.  If so, the Bauer setup is going to get A LOT of use!

I tried on the new CCM 600 at my local shop...gotta say, I wasn't a fan of it at all.

It felt like a hybrid between the old CCM Gatekeeper and the Reebok Larceny.  My thumb was cocked back and my palm was rolled forward.

On the other hand, the True/Lefevre 600 felt good.

Hope this glove works out for you!

23 minutes ago, Chenner29 said:

I tried on the new CCM 600 at my local shop...gotta say, I wasn't a fan of it at all.

It felt like a hybrid between the old CCM Gatekeeper and the Reebok Larceny.  My thumb was cocked back and my palm was rolled forward.

Hope this glove works out for you!

Me too, though the description of the feel isn't encouraging...  Definitely doesn't sound like the "natural hand position" feel that I like in the better Vaughn gloves and haven't found elsewhere...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Puckstopper said:

Me too, though the description of the feel isn't encouraging...  Definitely doesn't sound like the "natural hand position" feel that I like in the better Vaughn gloves and haven't found elsewhere...

I dunno, hopefully it was just a bad batch or a crappy one-off that somehow made it through QC 

53 minutes ago, Chenner29 said:

I dunno, hopefully it was just a bad batch or a crappy one-off that somehow made it through QC 

LOL, you had me worried enough that I ran up to the store I work at on lunch from my real job.  Unfortunately we haven't gotten any EF5 stuff in yet, so I'm still in the dark...

37 minutes ago, Puckstopper said:

LOL, you had me worried enough that I ran up to the store I work at on lunch from my real job.  Unfortunately we haven't gotten any EF5 stuff in yet, so I'm still in the dark...

Crazy, I was reading some retailers had their stocking orders stuck on that Evergreen ship that clogged the canal? 

1 hour ago, Chenner29 said:

Crazy, I was reading some retailers had their stocking orders stuck on that Evergreen ship that clogged the canal? 

Well that COULD be it.  Or the company I work for just doesn't really stock up their Ohio stores as quickly as their Michigan stores.   Tough to say, it could go either way.     Realistically, it's not like we've got lines of people panting at our door to buy the latest, greatest goalie equipment on launch day in Ohio anyway, so it's not like we're losing sales. 

On 5/5/2021 at 8:33 AM, Puckstopper said:

I hope you find the glove for you! I’m not a 580 guy yet, but I hope to be soon👌

On 5/4/2021 at 12:25 PM, Puckstopper said:

^^Same.   I'm looking end of this month for mine.

Congrats, well done on the Osgood tribute.

Sounds like we will have a lots of new gear to show off on there by end of May/end of June.

On 5/5/2021 at 12:39 PM, Puckstopper said:

Well that COULD be it.  Or the company I work for just doesn't really stock up their Ohio stores as quickly as their Michigan stores.   Tough to say, it could go either way.     Realistically, it's not like we've got lines of people panting at our door to buy the latest, greatest goalie equipment on launch day in Ohio anyway, so it's not like we're losing sales. 

Just texted @ZeroGravitas after he picked up his EF5 with 600 break. 

Said the glove that came in the custom order closes better than the pizza box of plastic they have sitting on their retail floor, hopefully yours is too.

17 hours ago, ZeroGravitas said:

Speak of the devil - I got a text saying my gear has arrived.

52 days or 7 weeks, 3 days.

Lucky lucky!    That's the best turn around I've seen on a custom CCM order!

12 hours ago, Chenner29 said:

Said the glove that came in the custom order closes better than the pizza box of plastic they have sitting on their retail floor, hopefully yours is too.

Fingers crossed, although that level of inconsistency seems to be a hallmark of CCM gloves.  There is such a wide variety of QC in terms of function.  The appearance and construction is pretty much spot on every time, but we'll get 5 gloves in (usually the .9 line, which does make this SLIGHTLY more acceptable) and one will close like butter, 3 will be acceptable, and 1 will be an absolute rock to close.  We only get in one Pro glove at a time, so it's hard to draw the same comparisons, but they're definitely not on the level of Brian's or Bauer when it comes to being truly "Game Ready" out of the bag. 

15 hours ago, Chenner29 said:

Hopefully my 580 turns out better than the one they had on the floor. Even for a 580 it was pretty bad

4 hours ago, Puckstopper said:

Lucky lucky!    That's the best turn around I've seen on a custom CCM order!

Fingers crossed, although that level of inconsistency seems to be a hallmark of CCM gloves.  There is such a wide variety of QC in terms of function.  The appearance and construction is pretty much spot on every time, but we'll get 5 gloves in (usually the .9 line, which does make this SLIGHTLY more acceptable) and one will close like butter, 3 will be acceptable, and 1 will be an absolute rock to close.  We only get in one Pro glove at a time, so it's hard to draw the same comparisons, but they're definitely not on the level of Brian's or Bauer when it comes to being truly "Game Ready" out of the bag. 

1 hour ago, ThatCarGuy said:

Hopefully my 580 turns out better than the one they had on the floor. Even for a 580 it was pretty bad

A few people might be quick to call out overseas manufacturing (not that either of you are), but as someone who worked retail in the mid 00s, this happened all the time with Canadian-made Lefevre Koho and RBK branded gloves.