CCM Eflex 5

coopaloop1234

5 minutes ago, ThatCarGuy said:

And y’all made fun of warrior graphics for lines randomly stopping and starting 

To be fair, Warrior isn't exactly killing it in the graphic department. Especially since they cut off a decent portion of the pad for a single colour zone.

Still disappointed in the GT2 graphic.

• Like 2

Oof. 

I don't even think the graphic is that bad...a little boring but seems okay. 

But that knee roll design looks like an out-of-season April Fool’s joke. Looks like the old Kohos except worse and even those should’ve stayed in the past. Knee rolls on eflex are pure fluff so I can’t even see this as a performance benefit. 

Maybe it’s a conspiracy to sell more Axis sets? It’s the only conclusion I can come up with ;)

39 minutes ago, Aquilzz said:

Oof. 

But that knee roll design looks like an out-of-season April Fool’s joke. Looks like the old Kohos except worse and even those should’ve stayed in the past. 

That was my FIRST thought that these looked old, guess we shall see! Ill pass for now.

Edited by Smeds35

49 minutes ago, Aquilzz said:

Oof. 

But that knee roll design looks like an out-of-season April Fool’s joke. Looks like the old Kohos except worse and even those should’ve stayed in the past. Knee rolls on eflex are pure fluff so I can’t even see this as a performance benefit. 

Maybe it’s a conspiracy to sell more Axis sets? It’s the only conclusion I can come up with ;)

Bauer Reactor 6 was my immediate thought (circa 1998?)

image.png.3d3238bebf8aea0a5a99ae46e6e63320.png

• Like 3

Not a great graphic but might look better in different colour ways.

Not sure what the slanted indent on the middle knee roll is for.

GGN on instagram has indicated they know more anout them than they are allowed to say just now.  Be interesting to hear more about any new additions to them.

2 hours ago, StevenC said:

Not a great graphic but might look better in different colour ways.

Not sure what the slanted indent on the middle knee roll is for.

GGN on instagram has indicated they know more anout them than they are allowed to say just now.  Be interesting to hear more about any new additions to them.

All of these are good points.   I'm kind of surprised at the amount of uninformed hatred out there on Instagram for these.   Yes, THIS iteration of the graphic is butt-ugly, but I think it was done mainly to show off that the middle roll could be customized.  Frankly, the more I've reflected on these the more excited I am.   Eflex was never an exciting or interesting release.  Prior to this it was always the same old pad, maybe with a couple of ounces trimmed here or there or a slight strapping evolution.  If you want the same boring, warmed over recipe then Lefevre will be happy to whip you up a set.  On the other hand, this shows me that CCM is going to be willing to push boundaries and innovate, which are both areas that they've fallen way behind in during the Lefevre era.  Not every innovation will be loved by all (see the polarizing opinions of Bauer and Warrior gear) and not every innovation will succeed, but as goalies we're all better off if the big guys are pushing the boundaries of what's possible with each release.

I'm wondering if CCM will "enhance" the appearance of these closer to retail release with digiprint, UV graphics and gradients, etc....   I personally hope not.  Despite my comments on innovation, I really think the additions made to EF4 and Axis were a net negative to the way the pads looked and were received. 

1 hour ago, Puckstopper said:

All of these are good points.   I'm kind of surprised at the amount of uninformed hatred out there on Instagram for these.   Yes, THIS iteration of the graphic is butt-ugly, but I think it was done mainly to show off that the middle roll could be customized. 

I believe this mentality was the same when the Axis debut their street hockey pads too. I don't think I've seen an Axis pad I've really liked.

The Eflex5 is going to be along the same lines, mostly due to the non-symmetrical knee rolls. If those were the typical classic straight knee rolls, this graphics would be fine.

17 hours ago, coopaloop1234 said:

To be fair, Warrior isn't exactly killing it in the graphic department. Especially since they cut off a decent portion of the pad for a single colour zone.

Still disappointed in the GT2 graphic.

I actually think Warrior has the most consistent stock graphics year over year and I am fan. I never realized I was in the minority there!

14 minutes ago, TheGoalNet said:

I actually think Warrior has the most consistent stock graphics year over year and I am fan. I never realized I was in the minority there!

2 minutes ago, Quadzilla32 said:

Idk why people hate on warrior graphics you can do so many different combinations and they offer traditional style graphics too. I’m probably the opposite of a lot of people and hate the tribal/ random line graphics. The velocity  pads graphics has never wowed me. 

I think their graphics are fine and their recent iterations are loads better than the G3. I'm just not a fan how their colour zones can be very stringent on design ability. 

It's been a thing since the GT1 came about. There are large sections of each pad that you can't customize further than a single colour. There are a lot of missed opportunities for varied designs by either continuing some of the accents through the colour zones, or allowing larger sections to be further broken up.

I'll show some examples:

My GT2 set, it was super difficult coming up with a neat design due to the bottom third of the pad being forced into a single colour without any possibility to break it up.

20190628_180713.jpg.172da2056bc61f36ab4cd528ae5096d9.thumb.jpg.20bc72445ca1aa8942c1bc46d879c660.jpg

G4's: Not at egregious as the GT2's, but still there

images.jpg.9ae5d2958749a842cdec384925ef383f.jpg

G5's: Here is a great view of every colour zone being different. Looks at the super large areas that can't be broken up to make some varied designs.

images2.jpg.f543def49d23ca6b50f9ec2cf0daeb41.jpg

I love that Warrior allows the "classic" graphic for each pad and I don't want them to make a super busy graphic for the sake of it. I just wish that they weren't being so steadfast on "blocking out" large portions of the pad.

Shit, at this rate the G6 is going to be four colour zones.

15 minutes ago, mr_shifty1982 said:

People are just becoming spoiled brats crying about graphics, there is so much some of these companies can do I think for the market, they are trying something new and different every year.  You can like it, or not, that's on you.  

You kind of contradicted yourself there, lol.

If we were talking about people crying about the looks of a C/A I could see your point, but we're talking about leg pads. A piece of gear that is so entwined in the aesthetics of goaltending that even the most casual of fan will stop and look.

Consumers are allowed to have their opinions on the looks of gear being provided.

3 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

You kind of contradicted yourself there, lol.

If we were talking about people crying about the looks of a C/A I could see your point, but we're talking about leg pads. A piece of gear that is so entwined in the aesthetics of goaltending that even the most casual of fan will stop and look.

Consumers are allowed to have their opinions on the looks of gear being provided.

I get it, I'm just saying that these brats crying are the most spoiled ;) what else do they expect? Disney world graphics and colors? Like seriously.