CCM Eflex 5

coopaloop1234

• 3 weeks later...

So I just looked more closely at the pictures.  I just noticed that only the top two rolls are angled whereas the bottom roll is flat.  Based on the way they're angled I'm going to speculate that the purpose of the new technology is to force the tops of the pads more firmly into the ice.   It will be interesting to see if there's more to it than that.

3 minutes ago, Puckstopper said:

So I just looked more closely at the pictures.  I just noticed that only the top two rolls are angled whereas the bottom roll is flat.  Based on the way they're angled I'm going to speculate that the purpose of the new technology is to force the tops of the pads more firmly into the ice.   It will be interesting to see if there's more to it than that.

Pretty sure that due to the angle chosen by CCM for these accented knee rolls, it can only be concluded that these are designed to add extra torsional flex in the thigh rise area so that the hybrid goalie can move through the crease better and serve up them tasty pad stacks with more gusto

• 2 months later...
2 hours ago, ThatCarGuy said:

CCM’s got some explaining to do about this. Looks identical to True/Lefevre’s FRS system 

Not exactly.  The one on EF5 looks like the standard CCM inner wrap with an extra piece of elastic velcro at the top of the calf.

The Lefevre FRS has a ribbed wrap that butts into a raised foam block integrated into the outer calf wrap to help get the calf wedge to seal to the ice.

image.png.876f90f6706d3874c9bcec1d6a4a1244.png

It doesn't look like the EF5 outer wrap has anything like that. 
I'd say the Axis system is a little closer as the back of the wedge is raised a bit to achieve a similar effect.

image.png.ee3732c63db48821d7a8e6f3dd042b78.png

This may also be the player's individual specs as opposed to the stock offering.  It looks like he dumped the QuickMotion strap as well.

7 hours ago, ThatCarGuy said:

DD46ACF9-3BD0-4E0B-93C7-E51CAC14F4EF.thumb.png.bceff671a558f588948d58eb3590f8f0.png

CCM’s got some explaining to do about this. Looks identical to True/Lefevre’s FRS system 

You think?  Logically there will be some strong similarities and overlaps between True/Lefevre and CCM designs for another generation at least.   If the timeline posted by people more in the know than myself is correct CCM does design work 2 generations ahead of what's just reaching the market.  Based on that, at the time of the breakup the design for the EF5 would have been in progress and they may even have been working on the beginnings of the "Axis 2" line. 

My guess is that, as a smaller and more agile company, Lefevre was able to pivot quickly and add the new calf wrap design to the 20.1.  CCM, due to being larger, building overseas, etc... wasn't able to incorporate the idea until EF5.  I could be wrong and we may hear a bunch of howling from True about CCM copying the design, but somehow I doubt it.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Not sure if I’m allowed to show this yet.

34671C16-FAAF-4A89-A5D1-3D4487198E5D.thumb.jpeg.fdf37de9a689ab9fbc0683e504461452.jpeg
The only pads I had access to were intermediate 32s but they felt incredible. Totally different pad than EF4. Much stiffer thigh, better seal, very odd twist when they do flex creating an even better seal. Most importantly super comfortable. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, ThatCarGuy said:

Order placed today

7A4E145B-177C-4750-BE5A-BAA9F47610A1.png.4262b3c73fa75bad0b6945e90df2a5d2.png

981067EE-4EE4-45CD-BA7E-234A1F05F35C.png.a15e8a765a1395e5f56fbfa94a32d8db.png

96EB58E7-B9C7-46BE-98DE-38433666EFF3.png.bf723dd961bbefc31f6e7d0a6674c73a.png

33+2 

Super tight fit

Max rebound

Ultra soft boot

No boot strap

Centered blocker palm

Straight finger protection 

580 glove

Single tee +1

Skate lace pocket

Those are what I consider the more important specs

Nice, congrats man.  What's the wait time?

On 4/20/2021 at 7:41 PM, ThatCarGuy said:

The only pads I had access to were intermediate 32s but they felt incredible. Totally different pad than EF4. Much stiffer thigh, better seal, very odd twist when they do flex creating an even better seal. Most importantly super comfortable. 

Agree with this

• Like 1

I've got these on the way:

Ozzy.PNG.7f2f51b114370a8f293bf03d658ac5df.PNG

A little padwrap and I'll have a nice late 90's Chris Osgood tribute.

Ozzy2.PNG.519eb59b24c7e09feb64cbd12c107c2c.PNG

Specs:

34+2.5"

Single break interior/exterior

MaxRebound

Loose Fit leg channel with extra strap from knee to below knee

Deep Soft boot

600 Break glove

Single tee +1"

Basically I'm trying to keep these pretty close to my Axis set that I've loved so I can do a direct comparison.  I like that CCM's customizer really lets you build both pads fairly close to each other and really dial in your preferred feel.  Overall I suspect I'm going to like the shallow boot on the Axis quite a bit better than the deep boot on the EF5, but I'm keeping an open mind until I actually wear them.

Kayen's comments have me looking forward to these even more.  I've really liked both my Axis and Warrior G5's that were stiffer up top with softer boots and I'm hoping that adding a little torsional flex will make these feel even better. 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Puckstopper said:

I've got these on the way:

Ozzy.PNG.7f2f51b114370a8f293bf03d658ac5df.PNG

A little padwrap and I'll have a nice late 90's Chris Osgood tribute.

Ozzy2.PNG.519eb59b24c7e09feb64cbd12c107c2c.PNG

Specs:

34+2.5"

Single break interior/exterior

MaxRebound

Loose Fit leg channel with extra strap from knee to below knee

Deep Soft boot

600 Break glove

Single tee +1"

Basically I'm trying to keep these pretty close to my Axis set that I've loved so I can do a direct comparison.  I like that CCM's customizer really lets you build both pads fairly close to each other and really dial in your preferred feel.  Overall I suspect I'm going to like the shallow boot on the Axis quite a bit better than the deep boot on the EF5, but I'm keeping an open mind until I actually wear them.

Kayen's comments have me looking forward to these even more.  I've really liked both my Axis and Warrior G5's that were stiffer up top with softer boots and I'm hoping that adding a little torsional flex will make these feel even better. 

Love the setup absolutely sick but 600? Com’on puckstopper I thought you were better than this😂😂😂