CCM Eflex 5

coopaloop1234

1 hour ago, Chenner29 said:

A few people might be quick to call out overseas manufacturing (not that either of you are), but as someone who worked retail in the mid 00s, this happened all the time with Canadian-made Lefevre Koho and RBK branded gloves.

I saw the same thing for years from them.    Honestly, every single brand on the wall has some variation as you'd expect with a handmade product, but CCM's was the worst by far.  I'd say Warrior and Brian's are the best at being consistent in their pro lines.  

21 minutes ago, Puckstopper said:

I saw the same thing for years from them.    Honestly, every single brand on the wall has some variation as you'd expect with a handmade product, but CCM's was the worst by far.  I'd say Warrior and Brian's are the best at being consistent in their pro lines.  

I found the Vaughn 5500s to be consistent too.  We didn't really stock volume in much else besides Koho/RBK and Vaughn.

40 minutes ago, Yzueblin said:

FYI I just bought new ccm pro pant ( eflex5 ) it’s feel exactly like hpg14a pant , the only additional thing I see on them is the internal belt and a will remove It 

If I'm not mistaken, HPG14 is the new NHL spec. Can you post pics of them side by side? I was certain that the new CCM pant is not NHL-spec.

1 hour ago, ZeroGravitas said:

If I'm not mistaken, HPG14 is the new NHL spec. Can you post pics of them side by side? I was certain that the new CCM pant is not NHL-spec.

I will at my next pratice with my friend he has hpg14 I used them for one pratice and when I bought the new ccmpro the fit was exactly the same 

6 hours ago, Chenner29 said:

A few people might be quick to call out overseas manufacturing (not that either of you are), but as someone who worked retail in the mid 00s, this happened all the time with Canadian-made Lefevre Koho and RBK branded gloves.

Considering I have a bauer built 580 that works perfectly I’m not too worried

20 hours ago, ZeroGravitas said:

You are right it’s not nhl spec but the feeling and how interior is made it’s feel the same 

guess what ! I will never play in nhl 😂😂 I’m happy with those 1inch extra 

• Thanks 1

I’m in Vaughns now with double internal breaks and a single outer break. Every brand seems to be going slightly stiffer, even with the “softer” lines. No clue what to do for my next set. I definitely cannot afford custom so looking at retail it will be either EFlex 5, V9, or the hockey shop custom axis (with an outer break. Goalies plus has EFlex 5s with double outer breaks but I’m not sure about double double breaks. Anyone got recommendations?

Edited by A.YOUNGoalie13

36 minutes ago, A.YOUNGoalie13 said:

I’m in Vaughns now with double internal breaks and a single outer break. Every brand seems to be going slightly stiffer, even with the “softer” lines. No clue what to do for my next set. I definitely cannot afford custom so looking at retail it will be either EFlex 5, V9, or the hockey shop custom axis (with an outer break. Goalies plus has EFlex 5s with double outer breaks but I’m not sure about double double breaks. Anyone got recommendations?

I thought you liked soft pads?  Is Bauer off the table for you?

35 minutes ago, A.YOUNGoalie13 said:

The Velocity line is still going to be the softest on the market. While you're correct that the overall trend is stiff pad with a soft boot, Veloctiy will still have more torsional flex than most other soft pads out there.

RGT2, Genetik, and Eflex,12.* will be the next softer pads to look into. I'd recommend looking into Gnetik before the other two.

Warrior products do feel quite a bit different than other pads on the market, but they are designed by Pete Smith, same guy who designed the original velocity.

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, A.YOUNGoalie13 said:

I love my soft pads but nobody makes internal double breaks at retail anymore. Bauer doesn’t really do soft, just flexible

Vaughn can do a SR-level (not Pro) price point custom pad. Not sure whether its internal or external breaks you can specify though.

I don't think a lot of shops do this or aware about this. There might be a slight upcharge from standard retail. Check out the Vaughn 2021 catalog on their website and give your LHS a call.

163667390_Pagesfromvaughn.cat__2021.thumb.png.f4a48917005e8b5883820a11d48f17e3.png

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, A.YOUNGoalie13 said:

I love my soft pads but nobody makes internal double breaks at retail anymore. Bauer doesn’t really do soft, just flexible

FYI - the UL9's from Simmons are double break.

I'd give them a serious look if I were you. I tried some TPS offering (the Lundy pads), some Reeboks, the V5's, Bauer's Reactor 9000's, Battrams and some others I'm forgetting before Simmons. Bought those and haven't looked back. 

Edited by chile57
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, A.YOUNGoalie13 said:

What size are you?

Just buy V9s. You know you want too.  Go through Goaliesplus,  they sell the squishyest version of all gear.

What would Quick do?? He'd buy squishy (V4s) V9s.  You should too.

@chile57 i respect your persuasion,  but I recommend against purchasing anything not seen on TV.  Just throwing that out there ;)

Screenshot_20210512-130110_Chrome.jpg

1 hour ago, seagoal said:

What size are you?

Just buy V9s. You know you want too.  Go through Goaliesplus,  they sell the squishyest version of all gear.

What would Quick do?? He'd buy squishy (V4s) V9s.  You should too.

@chile57 i respect your persuasion,  but I recommend against purchasing anything not seen on TV.  Just throwing that out there ;)

Screenshot_20210512-130110_Chrome.jpg

Sheesh! Ruthless in the chat. I have thought about those, but external double breaks... dusty?

3 minutes ago, A.YOUNGoalie13 said:

Sheesh! Ruthless in the chat. I have thought about those, but external double breaks... dusty?

I really wouldn't worry about looking "dusty" when choosing gear that works best for you.

Especially since players can't tell the difference between their asshole and a hole in the ground.