True Gear for Kids

waystick

13 minutes ago, Lucky Pucker said:

Forgive me, but why so much interest in True making youth gear? Is it expected to come in at a better price point? Better durability and resale value? Or is it a straight up “my kid’s fav goalie wears True” kind of thing...?

Price/Performance Competition. 

Also on a personal note, there's a local True skate retailer that I want to possibly support.

Just now, Lucky Pucker said:

Oh - who is it / wheee are they? You’re out east/orleans area...?

Yeah in Orleans.

B-Sharp. I guess it's a bit of a stretch to call them local, but he takes great care of my player skates and I want to help him out if I can. I'll prob get the TF7 goalie skates when that becomes available. So yeah if my kid who seems to be enjoying playing goalie, continues on next year, and if pads come at a comparable price point to other brands, why not I say.

3 hours ago, johncho said:

Price/Performance Competition. 

Also on a personal note, there's a local True skate retailer that I want to possibly support.

I've been reading not every True dealer has access this year to the Lefevre stuff.

Is Lefevre going to be building the youth/junior/intermediate gear in Canada?

If not, does True have the overseas factories set up and the staff trained to build goalie gear?

Will it be good if it is built overseas by a new crew that may have little experience in building goalie gear?

5 hours ago, Michael_56 said:

Weren't they planning on releasing in 2021? I saw their insta post and it said they would release it in april

This is for pro-level senior-sized gear and for custom. Not kid gear like OP was asking about.

8 hours ago, johncho said:

I'll prob get the TF7 goalie skates when that becomes available. So yeah if my kid who seems to be enjoying playing goalie, continues on next year, and if pads come at a comparable price point to other brands, why not I say.

I'm 99% sure there is no TF7 goalie skate. The upcoming TF9 goalie skate, though, is very competitively priced especially compared to the top end skates from other manufacturers.

18 hours ago, ZeroGravitas said:

I'm 99% sure there is no TF7 goalie skate. The upcoming TF9 goalie skate, though, is very competitively priced especially compared to the top end skates from other manufacturers.

Ah I misunderstood what I heard. "...there will be off the shelf Goalie skate like the TF7/9"

I took that to mean that there would be both, but yeah makes sense that it's just one off the shelf.

• 1 month later...

So I know April 9th was some sort of release date for True. I thought it was when the retail stuff came out but I’ve looked all over the place today (April 9th) and have not found retail true pads anywhere, just the custom stuff. Anyone know if I’m wrong here? Just waiting for the intermediate pads at retail.

https://www.thehockeyshop.com/blogs/goalie-gear-reviews/true-lefevre-goal

From what I remember with my brief conversations with the store guys, it's just custom orders as of now. They're looking to get stock gear later in the year and the intermediate/youth gear will follow further down the line.

Though for intermediate/youth gear, I'm not sure why people wouldn't just get CCM in it's stead?

2 hours ago, coopaloop1234 said:

https://www.thehockeyshop.com/blogs/goalie-gear-reviews/true-lefevre-goal

From what I remember with my brief conversations with the store guys, it's just custom orders as of now. They're looking to get stock gear later in the year and the intermediate/youth gear will follow further down the line.

Though for intermediate/youth gear, I'm not sure why people wouldn't just get CCM in it's stead?

If you want Lefevre’s new pad that is the cross between eflex and premiere

15 minutes ago, A.YOUNGoalie13 said:

If you want Lefevre’s new pad that is the cross between eflex and premiere

Which the Axis should fill if you're still hellbent on new gear for younger goalies.

Granted, if my kid was playing goal, they'd be getting second hand gear until they stop growing.

Archived