the passau faithfuls

raidersgoalie

I'm on the fence about passau equipment. I'm looking for feedback on the durability and quality of the gear.  I'm looking to get the brown retro set. Always wanted the old scoo look, also just the stock gear they have. No custom. Also how is sizing, I wear a 35+2 36+1 pad. 6ft2 height wise. I know theres lots info on here on them. I just wanna see how there holding up. Gonna be selling my 2s pros/ new 1x mitts to get these. We dont get much passau sets out west. So don't see m. Any info on the brown retro set will be great. 

Hi, 

I will let the others give you a review but I can say that we use only premium material for our gear, it's all made in Canada (Chambly, Québec) and the QA process is taken seriously. 

Let me know if you have questions about the gear, in private message here or by email at sebastien.dion@passauhockey.com

1 hour ago, Sebx said:

Hi, 

I will let the others give you a review but I can say that we use only premium material for our gear, it's all made in Canada (Chambly, Québec) and the QA process is taken seriously. 

Let me know if you have questions about the gear, in private message here or by email at sebastien.dion@passauhockey.com

Heard there’s a new chest protector coming?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, raidersgoalie said:

Also hockey reviews shows how the calf wing is super flex able. I'm so use to the firm hard plastic or what ever they use on the calf wing to make it have a more flat solid feel on the ice. Would this hurt the sliding or even have pucks slide under the pad.

It change nothing, your weight is on the interior of the pad in butterfly. It doesn't affect the sliding neither. 

Edited by Sebx

8 hours ago, raidersgoalie said:

Also hockey reviews shows how the calf wing is super flex able. I'm so use to the firm hard plastic or what ever they use on the calf wing to make it have a more flat solid feel on the ice. Would this hurt the sliding or even have pucks slide under the pad.

I just got a set of passaus, I havent gotten them on the ice yet, but the calf wing is feels to be about the same construction as the calf wing on my set of Optiks. 

The actual landing surface is harder than my Warrior G3s as well.

Had/have Passau Axioms that have seen 5 or 6 years of pretty decent use (probably on the ice 2/3 times a week on average) and have shown very little signs of wear when it comes to things like wear holes in the Jenpro for example.  I take good care of my stuff but still has shown less wear than others i have had.

Can't comment on the newer line/last few years but my experience of Passau's durability has been very good.

On 5/2/2021 at 6:58 PM, mr_shifty1982 said:

Guy wants review on gear from others, not the company's encouragement to buying 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️ 

Holy crap what an awkward phrase...

I don't really see any hard salesmanship from @Sebx's part.  I've had a cashiers at McDonald's push large fries and large soda harder than this

@raidersgoalie if you're concerned about slide, you're going to lose a bit going from CORTech to regular jenpro

42 minutes ago, Chenner29 said:

Holy crap what an awkward phrase...

I don't really see any hard salesmanship from @Sebx's part.  I've had a cashiers at McDonald's push large fries and large soda harder than this

@raidersgoalie if you're concerned about slide, you're going to lose a bit going from CORTech to regular jenpro

I think it's called paying attention to detail, the guy wants reviews on people who used the gear. Not, buy my gear blah blah blah. 

Your McDonald's is your choice since you ate plenty 🤦‍♂️ so it's irrelevant. 

Stick to the topic 👍

I just ordered a set of the pro starks because of what I've been told by other goalies on durability and quality. The ones I've ordered from passau are 30+2 and with a pro level build are also on the cheap end of custom gear. I'll definitely let you know how these treat me but they will be seeing almost daily use between 3 leagues and ice time just getting back into the groove after a3 year hiatus. Goalies are scarce around here so I'll get a lot of ice time soon enough.

@raidersgoalie I can't speak from first hand experience with their whole product line... but I LOVE my c/a unit. The thing is a tank and has held up really well. The attention to detail that others mention holds true on my piece. They have the right materials in the right place to keep it from wearing prematurely, and foams that haven't broken down either. Sure it's not the lightest on the market... but I'm happy to sacrifice a few ounces for a unit that lasts. I can't imagine that the rest of their catalog would be any different.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

there's a new pro pack coming?? 

i see their base version is no longer made so i'm guessing the new pro will be even more expensive and the current pro pack will be the new base version? 

On 5/18/2021 at 9:51 AM, Wrbsti15 said:

I’m waiting to order the pro pack when the new version comes out. Hopefully it’s soon!

8 hours ago, S-ONE-THREE said:

there's a new pro pack coming?? 

i see their base version is no longer made so i'm guessing the new pro will be even more expensive and the current pro pack will be the new base version? 

I ended up just getting a custom optik2 chesty instead of waiting 

316E273C-12FF-4C2F-93D3-12DE61E24B2A.png