Warrior Curve / Pattern / Lie - Quick vs Bishop vs Mrazek

Zip

On 1/15/2024 at 11:52 PM, keeperton said:

The (W32) Mid curve works more effectively on a heel-to-toe loaded pass. Given this is how I was taught to pass as a kid and the curve I grew up primarily using, this was much more natural thought process for me. I probably use this curve better, but have been forcing myself to learn otherwise.

With the (W33) Twist curve, loading the stick with the puck roughly in the middle of the blade for a pass prior to loading the stick, regardless of kick point, has worked rather well in getting precise saucer passes in my experiences. I've come around to liking to use this curve and its rockered blade in net significantly more as it allows more room for nuance in having the blade on the ice and the minutia of adjusting one's wrist or arm for playing in-tight game situations. Additionally I've found the curve to make it easier to elevate the puck to get it off the glass or rim around the zone.

I really need to try a Mrazek/Price wedge curve.   I never found much success with a Bauer P34 back in the day and have avoided them since.   P31/Crawford/Bishop have always treated me well across brands, but I tried out an EF4 Price curve that a guy had at the rink the other day and was launching missiles with the thing.  No accuracy, but pucks were high and out of the zone with no effort.   

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Scythe said:

Looking through the tread I saw Kolzig. I had a Kolzig stick was back and an Itech Johnzon that I liked. And the CCM Heaton sticks were awesome. Loved those. Never put out the cash for a G10. 

I'm curious about this, is there someone that decides whose name will be used on sticks? How does all that work? 

it is whoever is popular and on contract with the company at the moment.  name changes over time but same pattern

any hockey blade with a rocker blade shape is easier to stick handle and redirect passes vs, flat.    this is blade shape on the bottom not curve.  easier to cradle the puck and get it off the boards.

yes i know Carey Price change from a rounded toe to square,  that is the full shape of the toe,  the bottom of the toe is still the same shape.

13 hours ago, Puckstopper said:

I really need to try a Mrazek/Price wedge curve.   I never found much success with a Bauer P34 back in the day and have avoided them since.   P31/Crawford/Bishop have always treated me well across brands, but I tried out an EF4 Price curve that a guy had at the rink the other day and was launching missiles with the thing.  No accuracy, but pucks were high and out of the zone with no effort.   

Same, I've never gotten to try one of these and would like to. My brother's sticks are all "Hasek Heel" curve TPS Summit sticks, which is nearly identical to the Warrior twist curve these days, haha.