Best gear storing setup

Maxpower29

Not the prettiest setup, but it works. 

My post-game routine is:

• Spray everything down with Febreze antibacterial
  • Skates, glove (propped open), blocker, knee pads, and neckguard go in the rocket dryer
  • Mask gets a wipe down, back straps get a wringing out with paper towel, mask is laid down in the middle rack with opening facing out (for airflow)
  • Pads laid down as pictured
  • Chesty and pants hung up for maximum airflow on the internals
  • Fan on full blast on mask, pads, chesty, pants
  • Laundry (base layers, socks, jersey, sweatband, towel) goes in once everything is hung up and going. Usually throw in whatever's in the laundry bin as well for bonus points with the GF
  • Once laundry is done in the dryer (~2hrs total), chesty and pants go in the rocket dryer and runs overnight 
  • Glove gets tied shut with a softball in the pocket till the next game
  • Everything stays hung up where it's at until the next game

Most hands-off and effective approach I've ever taken, and tucked in the corner of the basement so it's out of the way. I'd love to get the full stall rocket dryer or an equivalent but they're expensive and this works fine enough for me and I can have fresh gear the next day.

IMG_6971.jpg

• Like 2

10 hours ago, indykrap said:

Not the prettiest setup, but it works. 

My post-game routine is:

• Spray everything down with Febreze antibacterial
  • Skates, glove (propped open), blocker, knee pads, and neckguard go in the rocket dryer
  • Mask gets a wipe down, back straps get a wringing out with paper towel, mask is laid down in the middle rack with opening facing out (for airflow)
  • Pads laid down as pictured
  • Chesty and pants hung up for maximum airflow on the internals
  • Fan on full blast on mask, pads, chesty, pants
  • Laundry (base layers, socks, jersey, sweatband, towel) goes in once everything is hung up and going. Usually throw in whatever's in the laundry bin as well for bonus points with the GF
  • Once laundry is done in the dryer (~2hrs total), chesty and pants go in the rocket dryer and runs overnight 
  • Glove gets tied shut with a softball in the pocket till the next game
  • Everything stays hung up where it's at until the next game

Most hands-off and effective approach I've ever taken, and tucked in the corner of the basement so it's out of the way. I'd love to get the full stall rocket dryer or an equivalent but they're expensive and this works fine enough for me and I can have fresh gear the next day.

IMG_6971.jpg

My God, do you also leave yourself mints or chocolates on the gear bag when you're done? 😁😉😋 

Kudos for the extra mile 😎

Edited by RichMan
  • Haha 2

On 8/2/2021 at 10:23 PM, MangoRhinehart said:

I went with wire rack shelves when I migrated from basement to garage. 

36Wx 84Hx 14D about 70 bux each in the garage.

A blower fan and cyclone fan for air drying. 

Hot tub, kegerator and TV. Makes for a nice way to unwind after a game. Thinking about dropping in some synthetic ice.

20210605_155012.jpg

20210606_103233.jpg

@MangoRhinehart is that an inflatable hot tub?  If so, I'd appreciate your insights/recommendations. 

On 3/16/2024 at 12:12 PM, coopaloop1234 said:

Current mess

20240117_104040.thumb.jpg.d4ede7cc6e4c6f1fcaef9b32fa9ab6bd.jpg

@coopaloop1234, all kidding aside, are the cowlings on your skates trimmed?  I'm still in Bauer Pros with Step Steel Extreme but am considering trimming the medial aspect of the cowlings for additional attack angle.  If so, can you share some pics and insights?  Thanks!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, FIFTY-SIX said:

@coopaloop1234, all kidding aside, are the cowlings on your skates trimmed?  I'm still in Bauer Pros with Step Steel Extreme but am considering trimming the medial aspect of the cowlings for additional attack angle.  If so, can you share some pics and insights?  Thanks!

Nothing I've done myself. They're stock CCM Tacks, just before they completely abandoned using cowlings all together. 

https://www.thehockeyshop.com/blogs/goalie-gear-reviews/ccm-tacks-goal-skate-review

It's essentially just a toe cap for slightly better protection and style points. 

• Thanks 1

On 3/20/2024 at 11:45 PM, FIFTY-SIX said:

@MangoRhinehart is that an inflatable hot tub?  If so, I'd appreciate your insights/recommendations. 

It is! It was a decent purchase, though we had to replace the pump unit after a year or two, we had it stored outside in a deck box and it didnt like that, so it lives in the garage now. It gets up to 104 and you can either heat or bubbles. Bubbles will drop heat fast. Usually takes about 12-24 hours to heat up fully. We use bleach and  a testing kit to make sure its good.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, MangoRhinehart said:

It is! It was a decent purchase, though we had to replace the pump unit after a year or two, we had it stored outside in a deck box and it didnt like that, so it lives in the garage now. It gets up to 104 and you can either heat or bubbles. Bubbles will drop heat fast. Usually takes about 12-24 hours to heat up fully. We use bleach and  a testing kit to make sure its good.

May I ask the name of the manufacturer? Thank you!