Best gear storing setup

Maxpower29

@RichMan I have been using my Rocket Dryer for the last 3-4 years and have not found any crusty or stiff equipment using it. 

However, I also clean my equipment at season's end to make sure that any crud buildup has been dealt with.

Also, usually before each drying, I spray it with a blend of essential oils and water which cuts down on stank, crustiness and any associated stiffness.

In doing all of this I have never had any ill effects.

• Thanks 1

I think the dry crusty effect occurs more when the gear is older and the material is worn a little (not smooth anymore).

I'm still drying my kids' gear out for them. They appreciate the feeling of putting on dry gear every day. Goal to make them do it themselves shortly. My oldest is playing for a team now that has their own full time locker room at the rink. They are required to hang their gear up in their locker stalls. Team can lose most games this season - but its a win if my son learns to be self sufficient for keeping his gear organized and dry. Also, motivated to stay on this team with team rooms. They don't understand how fortunate they are to play 16U and have a pro like team room.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, MTH said:

I think the dry crusty effect occurs more when the gear is older and the material is worn a little (not smooth anymore).

I'm still drying my kids' gear out for them. They appreciate the feeling of putting on dry gear every day. Goal to make them do it themselves shortly. My oldest is playing for a team now that has their own full time locker room at the rink. They are required to hang their gear up in their locker stalls. Team can lose most games this season - but its a win if my son learns to be self sufficient for keeping his gear organized and dry. Also, motivated to stay on this team with team rooms. They don't understand how fortunate they are to play 16U and have a pro like team room.

You're too kind. My dad had me airing out my own gear after 12.