Factory Mad Interview

TheGoalNet

CCM pro pads are completely different than the retail ones (specifically the EFlex) with the cord on the inside sliding surface. I don't have proof besides talking to people in person about how the NHL gear being more beefied and better built than the retail versions. Sparks mentioned Brian's not being beefed enough in the unit he was sent for a chest, not sure if that was a stock or what.

2 hours ago, Hills said:

CCM pro pads are completely different than the retail ones (specifically the EFlex) with the cord on the inside sliding surface. I don't have proof besides talking to people in person about how the NHL gear being more beefied and better built than the retail versions. Sparks mentioned Brian's not being beefed enough in the unit he was sent for a chest, not sure if that was a stock or what.

I'm not talking pads, I'm talking C&A only.

I think the CCM & Brian's chest protectors are the closest to pro stock at the retail level. I think Vaughns are not close. It's a shame because Vaughn has a major portion of the NHL in their units. Why not just make the beefier version available at retail? 

7 hours ago, TheGoalNet said:

I'm not talking pads, I'm talking C&A only.

I think the CCM & Brian's chest protectors are the closest to pro stock at the retail level. I think Vaughns are not close. It's a shame because Vaughn has a major portion of the NHL in their units. Why not just make the beefier version available at retail? 

Ah, my bad I thought you meant all the gear. I still question CCM though as I know a bunch of local guys in the new Premier chest that have had to stop play because they got "stung" quite badly from one of my teammates. While my teammates can shoot, I can't feel any of them in my Brown and I am not sure how that retail CCM would hold up to NHL shooters who are on a different level all together.

One of my friends repair gear for pros and for amateurs goalies.  In case of retail versions of CCM chests & arms he often says, that they are good chests, but with poor materials, which leads to early rips nad damages... for example, after two practice sessions.

• 3 months later...
3 hours ago, cwarnar said:

Had Dennis mod my WGD Summit Glove... He also rebuilt my V6 2200 Chest... Saw this on his Instagram:

Ha! You own the WGD x Factory Mad glove. That's a hardcore combo 

stay tuned, I did similar mod the Howard C&A and write up in a couple weeks 

This is great - you have answered a question I have had for quite a while.

I used to use the belt and front laces through the belly loop (still do) and had a strap at the back to connect my CA and pants. I recently went to suspenders but they kept slipping over my shoulders. I ended up tucking them in between the floaters and heart guard, but now they ride up on my neck.

In my mind my solution was to do exactly what you have shown with the suspender loops, but I never saw anyone doing this so I assumed I was missing something.

At the risk of jacking this thread a bit, is this a common mod, or otherwise, how do people control their suspenders?

1 hour ago, Ghostender said:

This is great - you have answered a question I have had for quite a while.

I used to use the belt and front laces through the belly loop (still do) and had a strap at the back to connect my CA and pants. I recently went to suspenders but they kept slipping over my shoulders. I ended up tucking them in between the floaters and heart guard, but now they ride up on my neck.

In my mind my solution was to do exactly what you have shown with the suspender loops, but I never saw anyone doing this so I assumed I was missing something.

At the risk of jacking this thread a bit, is this a common mod, or otherwise, how do people control their suspenders?

I use to tuck mine under the floaters, this way it prevents my chestie from sliding or moving.  This mod also solves the problem of having your chest unit "ride up" during play.

I know Passau and Brown offer this as an option but whether any of the mainstream companies is offering it, I doubt it

• 1 year later...
19 minutes ago, motowngoalie said:

@bunnyman666 can you fill me in on Dennis' neck guard? I'm in the market for one and interested to know more! :) 

It is a typical bib-style neck guard with two differences: 1) replaceable velcro/elastic and 2) removable, washable and replaceable pads that go against your neck and clavicle. Mine is customised with a double-thick clavicle pad as I caught a shot right on the clavicle. A highly cut resistant nylon is on the outside.  Dennis does not market this as a neck guard that protects against shots, just skate cuts. The greatest thing? He can customise any aspect you want customised. Mine has a 🇬🇧 and my moniker.

6BDCCB51-447E-41A9-BE40-88FE9291713A.jpeg

Archived