3M Tape for Sliding? PPF Film

GoalieNut

21 minutes ago, GoalieNut said:

Does anyone know which 3M tape Miklin uses on their pads?  Apparently they use it on the knee and calf landing.

Typically, a polyurethane tape similar to that used to protect the body and headlights of a car from stones is used. quite popular mod in Russia, especially among non-professionals

5 minutes ago, A.YOUNGoalie13 said:

Isn’t the backing just like plastic or something

This tape itself is a PU foil material with an adhesive backing. used to protect cars from stones. the Russians came up with the idea of sticking it on the rubbing surfaces of the pads. it really glides very well and protects parts of the pad from premature abrasion. verified

9 minutes ago, ser33 said:

This tape itself is a PU foil material with an adhesive backing. used to protect cars from stones. the Russians came up with the idea of sticking it on the rubbing surfaces of the pads. it really glides very well and protects parts of the pad from premature abrasion. verified

Damn. Sounds legit when you 3m Scientologist me like that😂😂

9 minutes ago, GoalieNut said:

I'm trying to find out the official name of the product so that I can purchase it.  Anyone know?

I suppose on request "3m polyurethane film for a car" you can find an acceptable option. there is still no exact data on the thickness and type used by Miklin. although you can try writing to him directly. maybe answer

12 minutes ago, A.YOUNGoalie13 said:

That would do it too I suppose🤣

have you ever gotten up close and personal with miklin gear?

I did not own it myself, but judging by the reviews, it is a very decent gear. all materials used are the same or the same manufacturers as those used by North American gear manufacturers. there is an English-language overview of their products on YouTube

5 minutes ago, ser33 said:

I did not own it myself, but judging by the reviews, it is a very decent gear. all materials used are the same or the same manufacturers as those used by North American gear manufacturers. there is an English-language overview of their products on YouTube

Will def check that out! Thanks. I wonder what times are like right now. Even though it would be traveling across the world it still might come faster than CCM Bauer Brian’s etc

2 hours ago, raidersgoalie said:

Would a layer of tape . I guess a clear tape. Say gorilla tape, then a layer of shoe goo. It seems to harden and be very tough to wear. Had it on a repair on a shoe. Lasted long. The tape under the goo would help protect the pad if things dont work out. Just peel it off.

Shoe Goo dries to a rubbery blob.  You would not want that anywhere near your pads.

46 minutes ago, insertnamehere said:

Shoe Goo is great for sealing up cuts, what are you talking about?

Shoe goo over the slippery tape would defeat the purpose of putting the tape there in the first place

Shoe goo under the slippery tape would create uneven edges, causing the tape to wear through quicker

• Like 1