What Are These TPS Pads?

Netnewbie

29 minutes ago, TheGoalNet said:

Age, height, weight, and level of flexibility/ athletism could help us too 

36 6'3"  and 300 pounds.  Not very flexible but I am athletic

As for a budget would be 350 tops.  I know it's not much but it's what I can spend. No style in mind either looking for input on that.  Thanks all so far

2 hours ago, Netnewbie said:

36 6'3"  and 300 pounds.  Not very flexible but I am athletic

As for a budget would be 350 tops.  I know it's not much but it's what I can spend. No style in mind either looking for input on that.  Thanks all so far

Non-flexible (d’oh!) would get you into something more like an last gen Reactor or something like that. I would not go for the super-stiff Reebok pad. I would go more flexible. Others who buy more late generation stuff could steer you better. I buy old and cheap! Vaughns seem to be flexible, save for the Ventus. Since resale values are poor, you can get a LOT of pad for your budget. 

36 minutes ago, bunnyman666 said:

Non-flexible (d’oh!) would get you into something more like an last gen Reactor or something like that. I would not go for the super-stiff Reebok pad. I would go more flexible. Others who buy more late generation stuff could steer you better. I buy old and cheap! Vaughns seem to be flexible, save for the Ventus. Since resale values are poor, you can get a LOT of pad for your budget. 

Love it!  Thanks

3 minutes ago, Netnewbie said:

Would love too but budget isn't letting me unfortunately!

I hear you! I am still in my “trying to find what I like” phase, so I am looking far and wide and CHEAP!!!! I have had some nice stuff go through my hands; just not exactly 100% of what my dream pad! 

6 minutes ago, bunnyman666 said:

I hear you! I am still in my “trying to find what I like” phase, so I am looking far and wide and CHEAP!!!! I have had some nice stuff go through my hands; just not exactly 100% of what my dream pad! 

What level you playing?  I'm defenseman  turned goalie playing beer league and loving every minute!

I'll chime in with going the flexible pad route too.

Aside from your lack of flexibility, the softer pads are generally easier to move around in, feel more natural on the leg and offer the best feel for getting into goaltending.

They're far more forgiving while you're learning how to play and what your style is.

Just now, Netnewbie said:

What level you playing?  I'm defenseman  turned goalie playing beer league and loving every minute!

Low level drop in. I play against every level from benders on rental skates to ex-NHL-ers! 

It’s fun and frustrating! But even the worst game is better than not playing at all!!!

1 minute ago, coopaloop1234 said:

I'll chime in with going the flexible pad route too.

Aside from your lack of flexibility, the softer pads are generally easier to move around in, feel more natural on the leg and offer the best feel for getting into goaltending.

They're far more forgiving while you're learning how to play and what your style is.

Getting lots of response and that's awesome!  And sites you guys you for used get gear you could steere towards?

1 minute ago, Netnewbie said:

Getting lots of response and that's awesome!  And sites you guys you for used get gear you could steere towards?

Oddly enough- my local PIAS’s have been GREAT, and there are a few for me to choose from. But I am in an area where lots of hockey is played.

First off thanks to everyone for you advise and help.  Second I have decided against the air in the picture as they are stiff and won't do much for closing my 5 hole.  I went to a swap sell trade shop near and found these.   Ya they're old but they flex nice and almost takes care of the five hole.  Still have the old thigh boards but will switch them out next time I get some cash.

IMG_20171231_142549.jpg

5 minutes ago, Netnewbie said:

First off thanks to everyone for you advise and help.  Second I have decided against the air in the picture as they are stiff and won't do much for closing my 5 hole.  I went to a swap sell trade shop near and found these.   Ya they're old but they flex nice and almost takes care of the five hole.  Still have the old thigh boards but will switch them out next time I get some cash.

IMG_20171231_142549.jpg

I’m a suckah fo silvah!!!!

On 12/31/2017 at 11:25 PM, TheGoalNet said:

@Netnewbie - Good luck! Keep us posted how it goes. 

Well first game in new pads in the books.  They felt good.  Was able to butterfly better and not leave such a gap.  Gonna take a few games to get the feel for how I like them strapped up but that's minor.  Next thing will upgrades.  The toe ties and get rid of the things boards.

12 minutes ago, Netnewbie said:

Well first game in new pads in the books.  They felt good.  Was able to butterfly better and not leave such a gap.  Gonna take a few games to get the feel for how I like them strapped up but that's minor.  Next thing will upgrades.  The toe ties and get rid of the “things boards”.

lol- that’s what I call them!

Archived