Best Full Right Gloves

ilyazhito

I know this sounds like a stupid question, but is there a manufacturer that stands out in terms of making quality full right gloves?

I'm asking, because most goalies are regular, and thus the demo units are also regular, even when a full right goalie like Trav4oilers is trying them out. 

Based on the historical issues with CCM/Lefebvre gloves closing, I would assume that the same holds for full right CCM/Lefebvre gloves. I really like the Warrior full right blocker I have now, so are Warrior trappers good? 

Probably not the answer for which you are looking ilyazhito. I had used a Vaughn T-1000 for a long time (it is an early production glove by Vaughn - a relic by today's standards) but maybe Vaughn has something you'd like. I've been using a Passau 60 degree with a floating double T attached with skate laces for about 5 years now; easy to catch a planet if needed. By far, the best glove I've ever had since I started in 1972. Try different ones on at the store if you can. "Best" is kinda like the most beautiful woman - depends on what you like.

• Like 2

I have tried and used a lot of gloves from different manufacturers since I switched to full right in 1995. Pallas, Eddy, McKenney, Koho 590, Vaughn Kipper Spec, Brian's etc. My current glove is Brian's Opt1k with practice palm which I have used now almost 4 seasons. It is in my opinion by far the best glove I have used so far. It is very protective, pucks direct to the pocket very well, wrist movement is excellent and build quality is brilliant. Brian's is quite a lot more expensive than for example Warrior, but I can warmly recommend at least try one if you have a chance.

Not much of an experience but I've seen Vaughn and Warrior gloves in both hand versions and they are very similar in every aspect. One could say they are a full mirror image of each other. 

And to say it out, that would be the way I'd do it. Mirrorcopy a good left hand glove and that's it. I don't see any reason that would require a special design to fit full right from regular.

When I was still working in hockey, every booking season we ordered a handful of full right catchers & blockers by Vaughn. Others always seemed stiff and weren't as comfortable. Specifically Epic 8600/8800 and then just Velocity. Theodore, Turek & Mason were all Vaughn full right goalies, it was an easy sell.

Anyway if you gotta take a gamble, I'd go that route.

1 hour ago, ilyazhito said:

Interesting. Some of you are saying that assemblers don't know how to put together left blocker sets (left-hand blockers and right-hand trappers), others say that there is no difference other than the fact that left blocker sets are right blocker sets made backwards.

@A.YOUNGoalie13, what is your current trapper?

My coach produces gear through a friend in Boston that used to build for the big brands. I use his stuff. This is my second glove of his but the first glove I had from my coach was built by Sarah from paw. This new one is better quality wise but I only had issues with the tee on my last one.

Interesting. I see you've chosen to go the custom route. The next time I get to a shop with a full selection of gloves. I'll try out Vaughn, Bauer, and Warrior, and see what works best. I've read reviews of the CCM Axis line, and apparently their trappers still are stiff. 

17 hours ago, ilyazhito said:

Interesting. I see you've chosen to go the custom route. The next time I get to a shop with a full selection of gloves. I'll try out Vaughn, Bauer, and Warrior, and see what works best. I've read reviews of the CCM Axis line, and apparently their trappers still are stiff. 

I just went custom because when I was smaller I couldn’t find the right stuff that fit properly for full rights so I kind of was forced to, although not the worst thing to haaaaave to do😉