Jersey questions thread

RichMan

Don't know if there is already a jersey thread so, here is MY question

If the online size options are as follows: S /M / L / XL / 2XL / 3XL

As a rule of thumb, if the goalie cut option is not available, which of the 2 last ones is more suitable for my XL chest protector? Will I really need to cut the sleeves or have them tailored? 

17 minutes ago, RichMan said:

As a rule of thumb, if the goalie cut option is not available, which of the 2 last ones is more suitable for my XL chest protector? Will I really need to cut the sleeves or have them tailored? 

So, for this reason I get my jerseys tailer made in China. I pretty much tell them how big I want it and they do it. A jersey is $50 and they will print almost any jersey to your liking, if you provide images they will match it and show you a sketch. 

I do this due to my Premiers. 

Company is www.achievesportswear.com

3 hours ago, RichMan said:

IMO

I haven't been able to fit in a player size jersey with my chest on since I was 12, and that was with a C/A built for mid 90s hockey
Modern chesties are so wide in the arms and shoulders, to me it doesn't make sense for me to buy a player jersey and modify it to make it fit.

• Like 1

I last wore a XXL jersey when I was using a Cooper BP/SA combo.

Bauer offers goal cuts in several sizes. My kids team uniform supplier also has several goal cut sizes too. 

I've taken the China made $30 jerseys you can find on AliExpress and made them a goal cut myself. I even had vendors in China tell me that they had a "goalie cut" and added a label inside the jersey too saying as such. Mostly they come as 4xl 'homeboy cut' thats down to your knees and sleeves that touch the ground.

I'd take a new practice jersey, lay the Chinese jersey on top, trace the outline on the practice jersey then add a 1/2". You then cut the practice jersey and open the seam down the arm and side of the Chinese jersey. Then, bust out the sewing machine and make a grand old China jersey that will fit Garth Snow.

The length of the China jersey sleeves and waist can be shortened too if needed.

I've made a few of these.

• Haha 1

I cannot fit a 2XL jersey over my Vaughn ventus c/a, which is an XL size on its own.  It fits, but is much too tight for my liking.  And the sleeves are one of the main pinch points.  MY options are a CCM goalie cut that is as it came off the shelf, or a goaile cut from Tron.   I did find a 3XL Bauer standard non-goalie cut jersey, that fits well, but I had to have the sleeves shortened, as that thing was HUGE.

20 hours ago, RichMan said:

Has anyone ordered from www.hockeyplayeronline.com ? Are they legit?

Looks like the site hasn't been updated since 2018.

Their 'hot player' jersey sales leader is MAF Vegas jersey.

Edited by MTH

I see that you're in Gatineau, do you just need a practice jersey? 

I was recently given a bunch of goalie cut jerseys that range in size, and some that are too big for me. If you can drive to meet me somewhere in Ottawa, it's yours for free. Bring your chest so that you can try it on.

13 hours ago, johncho said:

I see that you're in Gatineau, do you just need a practice jersey? 

I was recently given a bunch of goalie cut jerseys that range in size, and some that are too big for me. If you can drive to meet me somewhere in Ottawa, it's yours for free. Bring your chest so that you can try it on.

I very much appreciate the offer. Can't drive right now, had a bad accident at work and still on crutches after 3 weeks. My right ankle (pedal foot) of course. Rain check maybe?

I've been searching for a few years now for a Habs goalie cut practice jersey, crest and all like the ones they wear when at Brossard. All I've found online were forward smalls and mediums.

montreal-canadiens-red-adidas-pro-authentic-practice-jersey-500x500.jpg

Edited by RichMan

8 hours ago, RichMan said:

I very much appreciate the offer. Can't drive right now, had a bad accident at work and still on crutches after 3 weeks. My right ankle (pedal foot) of course. Rain check maybe?

I've been searching for a few years now for a Habs goalie cut practice jersey, crest and all like the ones they wear when at Brossard. All I've found online were forward smalls and mediums.

montreal-canadiens-red-adidas-pro-authentic-practice-jersey-500x500.jpg

I’m a die hard Habs fan as well. 
I have a contact, no promises but let me find out, as now I want one as well.

• Thanks 1

• 10 months later...

White /Black goalie cut???

Seems ridiculous I know but I cannot find a plain white with black practice jersey. Been looking for months. All I need is 2 decent quality jerseys without creats or logos in white and black.

I've tried many sites and no love. 

Tron has a couple but the shipping is more expensive than the order!  

fyi I'm in Canada eh....

7 minutes ago, Dee said:

Seems ridiculous I know but I cannot find a plain white with black practice jersey. Been looking for months. All I need is 2 decent quality jerseys without creats or logos in white and black.

fyi I'm in Canada eh....

https://www.thehockeyshop.com/products/gamewear-gw7500-prolite-series-reversible-senior-hockey-practice-jersey-black-white?variant=40172869124162

Reversible white/black goalie cut jersey. 

Thanks man. I'll check it out. I'm assuming the reversible part means you turn it inside out and it's white/black 

Heres my last poor old beat up RYR jersey.  These were fantastic.  As you can see, I'm not asking for much....

anyone else remember the days when you could walk into any sports store and find a rack of jerseys?  Seems a thing of the past.  

IMG_1687.jpeg

6 hours ago, Dee said:

fyi I'm in Canada eh....

@Rogie and @johncho have picked some up off me.

Although they make them in numbered sizes, the royal blue “three stripe” Adidas practice jersey was listed as “senior Goal Cut” with no size number. It is not the same version as the “pro” practice jerseys Chenner29 is selling that have the dimpled shoulders. 

9 hours ago, Rogie said:

Although they make them in numbered sizes, the royal blue “three stripe” Adidas practice jersey was listed as “senior Goal Cut” with no size number. It is not the same version as the “pro” practice jerseys Chenner29 is selling that have the dimpled shoulders. 

Got it - assumed the blue was one of the 58G/60G he was selling.

How are hockey trons goalie cut? Reviews are hit or miss that people like them or they are junk and fit like crap. I just need some semi cheap solid color practice jerseys. I havent bought jerseys in a while and last ones i got were reeebok premiers

Edited by xmikex32