Jump to content

Jersey questions thread


RichMan
 Share

Recommended Posts

Don't know if there is already a jersey thread so, here is MY question

If the online size options are as follows: S /M / L / XL / 2XL / 3XL

As a rule of thumb, if the goalie cut option is not available, which of the 2 last ones is more suitable for my XL chest protector? Will I really need to cut the sleeves or have them tailored? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, RichMan said:

Don't know if there is already a jersey thread so, here is MY question

If the online size options are as follows: S /M / L / XL / 2XL / 3XL

As a rule of thumb, if the goalie cut option is not available, which of the 2 last ones is more suitable for my XL chest protector? Will I really need to cut the sleeves or have them tailored? 

So, for this reason I get my jerseys tailer made in China. I pretty much tell them how big I want it and they do it. A jersey is $50 and they will print almost any jersey to your liking, if you provide images they will match it and show you a sketch. 

I do this due to my Premiers. 

Company is www.achievesportswear.com

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, RichMan said:

Don't know if there is already a jersey thread so, here is MY question

If the online size options are as follows: S /M / L / XL / 2XL / 3XL

As a rule of thumb, if the goalie cut option is not available, which of the 2 last ones is more suitable for my XL chest protector? Will I really need to cut the sleeves or have them tailored? 

IMO

I haven't been able to fit in a player size jersey with my chest on since I was 12, and that was with a C/A built for mid 90s hockey
Modern chesties are so wide in the arms and shoulders, to me it doesn't make sense for me to buy a player jersey and modify it to make it fit.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I last wore a XXL jersey when I was using a Cooper BP/SA combo.

Bauer offers goal cuts in several sizes. My kids team uniform supplier also has several goal cut sizes too. 

I've taken the China made $30 jerseys you can find on AliExpress and made them a goal cut myself. I even had vendors in China tell me that they had a "goalie cut" and added a label inside the jersey too saying as such. Mostly they come as 4xl 'homeboy cut' thats down to your knees and sleeves that touch the ground.

I'd take a new practice jersey, lay the Chinese jersey on top, trace the outline on the practice jersey then add a 1/2". You then cut the practice jersey and open the seam down the arm and side of the Chinese jersey. Then, bust out the sewing machine and make a grand old China jersey that will fit Garth Snow.

The length of the China jersey sleeves and waist can be shortened too if needed.

I've made a few of these.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I cannot fit a 2XL jersey over my Vaughn ventus c/a, which is an XL size on its own.  It fits, but is much too tight for my liking.  And the sleeves are one of the main pinch points.  MY options are a CCM goalie cut that is as it came off the shelf, or a goaile cut from Tron.   I did find a 3XL Bauer standard non-goalie cut jersey, that fits well, but I had to have the sleeves shortened, as that thing was HUGE.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, RichMan said:

Has anyone ordered from www.hockeyplayeronline.com ? Are they legit?

Looks like the site hasn't been updated since 2018.

Their 'hot player' jersey sales leader is MAF Vegas jersey.

Edited by MTH
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, MTH said:

Looks like the site hasn't been updated since 2018.

Their 'hot player' jersey sales leader is MAF Vegas jersey.

Yeah, and zero customer reviews...so many of these jersey sales sites seem fishy.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I see that you're in Gatineau, do you just need a practice jersey? 

I was recently given a bunch of goalie cut jerseys that range in size, and some that are too big for me. If you can drive to meet me somewhere in Ottawa, it's yours for free. Bring your chest so that you can try it on.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, johncho said:

I see that you're in Gatineau, do you just need a practice jersey? 

I was recently given a bunch of goalie cut jerseys that range in size, and some that are too big for me. If you can drive to meet me somewhere in Ottawa, it's yours for free. Bring your chest so that you can try it on.

I very much appreciate the offer. Can't drive right now, had a bad accident at work and still on crutches after 3 weeks. My right ankle (pedal foot) of course. Rain check maybe?

I've been searching for a few years now for a Habs goalie cut practice jersey, crest and all like the ones they wear when at Brossard. All I've found online were forward smalls and mediums.

montreal-canadiens-red-adidas-pro-authentic-practice-jersey-500x500.jpg

Edited by RichMan
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, RichMan said:

I very much appreciate the offer. Can't drive right now, had a bad accident at work and still on crutches after 3 weeks. My right ankle (pedal foot) of course. Rain check maybe?

I've been searching for a few years now for a Habs goalie cut practice jersey, crest and all like the ones they wear when at Brossard. All I've found online were forward smalls and mediums.

montreal-canadiens-red-adidas-pro-authentic-practice-jersey-500x500.jpg

I’m a die hard Habs fan as well. 
I have a contact, no promises but let me find out, as now I want one as well.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...